“Awesome BBQ”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #174 of 245 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 14, 2013

this is the perfect place to take the entire family for lunch or dinner. I especial like the simple system of step up to the counter, order and sit down.. No waiting for the waiter. The food is prepared hot and fresh. Be sure to catch the special of the day, it usually comes with a free beverage, for a $2 savings. Also, every meal includes a free small ice cream cone.

There are newer reviews for Dickey's Barbecue Pit

Reviewed July 3, 2013

After a long day, stopped in for a quick meal for dinner, ordered the family meal for 4. Unbelievable! Very large portions. The smoked chicken and brisket melted in your mouth. Staff was polite and attended to our needs.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Traveling back from Cedar City we had planned on another location in St. George. Forgetting it was Sunday and most places are closed we happened past the exit and saw Dickey's.
The place was well laid out (like mopst chain eateries) but the smell of smoked meat hits you at the door and hold control. The counter workers were courteous and friendly and very accomodating. Goood and varied menu choices and the prices were more then fair. The "fixins" bar was well laid out with a big jar fo fresh pickeles for you to eat too you heatrs content. Good drink choices as well with real sweet tea available.
To top it off fresh soft serve vanilla ice cream (for free) with your choice of a plastic dish or fresh wafer cones. All in all a good meal, fair price and plenty to offer.
If you are passing through St. George give it a try you might like it.

1  Thank Chiefbuff
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Not the best BBQ, but certainly not the worst. It is pretty good for a chain restaurant but not near as good as Famous Daves or some others. If you're in the area and in the mood for BBQ it's not a terrible choice.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've given Dickey's a few tries. I WANT to like it. Most people in town really like it... I just haven't been that impressed. I feel like it's a pretty skimpy portion for the price. When I tried the chicken it was pretty dried out and I had to drown it in sauce. The pork and the brisket sandwich were much better than the chicken. The baked beans have way too much of a smokey flavor for my taste, I prefer sweet and spicy. My favorite part of the meal was that I got to keep the big yellow cup. Overall, I'd say there's better BBQ to be had in St. George.