“If you like Denny's, then you'll like Egg & I”

The Egg & I St George
Ranked #13 of 244 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Egg & I St George, Utah breakfast restaurant offers gourmet coffee, 100% pure-squeezed orange juice and a variety of menu choices you will enjoy time and time again.
Riverton, Utah
“If you like Denny's, then you'll like Egg & I”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Not impressed. The hostess was a grumpy, sleepy teenager and looked like she was desperately in need of a shower. Our server was horrible. We waited 10 min for her to even to take our drink orders. Then watched people seated 10 minutes after us receive their food before us. Loud atmosphere. I should have known when I saw "ranch potatoes" on the menu, which were undercooked, by the way. Omelette was okay, and English muffins were slathered in butter. But if you love Denny's or Village Inn, this is the restaurant for you!

• Visited February 2014
Michael F, Manager at The Egg & I St George, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
First let me apologize for your experience at the restaurant as this is not the standard we set or strive for at our restaurants. We will review the concerns raised with our manager at this location to ensure we continuously strive to live up to our core values including always putting our guests firsts, never compromising our high standards and exercising a sense of urgency in everything we do. Again I apologize we did not uphold our values at the time of your visit and you may rest assured we will work harder to deliver the great food and service you deserve each and every time you visit.

Holladay, Utah
“BIG Disappointment...”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My wife and I were anxious to try this breakfast place and finally made it this past weekend. What a disappointment! I have a natural tendency to try to find something good in every place - some reason to give a descent review. I had a very difficult time with The Egg & I in St. George. My wife had the french toast and I had my favorite corn beef hash and eggs. Both were terrible! The french toast was tasteless and poorly prepared, and the corned beef hash was pathetic - I've never tasted worse. Service was just okay, nothing special. I'd give it a C-. I would not recommend this place. Denny's or any other pancake house is head and shoulders above this. Sorry.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Ioannisutah
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Love everything we've tried here!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Me and my wife always go here when we visit St. George. The first time we tried it we went back the next day, that's how much we loved it. I've tried a few omelettes and loved them all. My wife gets the french toast. Imagine going to Village Inn but it's cleaner, the servers smile and are polite and the food has excellent flavor instead on being bland. That is what you'll get out of the Egg & I.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Brian P
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“BREAKFAST AT ITS BEST IN UTAH”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Had breakfast twice here last May, we were staying at THE INN AT ENTRADA nearby, and despite the crowd it was well worth it. Great waffles, really good large glasses of juice , great cofffee and decent sides. Service was slow but friendly, this is far better than the highly touted Bear Paw in St George.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank weeblepimkin
Jackson, Mississippi
“Great Breakfast/Brunch”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Go before 9:00 AM to beat the crowd. The menus offers enough choice for everyone's pallet.
Pancakes are great and the wait staff keeps you supplied with coffee. Eggs prepared in various ways and always served hot. Ate breakfast there every morning.

• Visited October 2013