“BIG Disappointment...”

The Egg & I St George
Ranked #18 of 244 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Egg & I St George, Utah breakfast restaurant offers gourmet coffee, 100% pure-squeezed orange juice and a variety of menu choices you will enjoy time and time again.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My wife and I were anxious to try this breakfast place and finally made it this past weekend. What a disappointment! I have a natural tendency to try to find something good in every place - some reason to give a descent review. I had a very difficult time with The Egg & I in St. George. My wife had the french toast and I had my favorite corn beef hash and eggs. Both were terrible! The french toast was tasteless and poorly prepared, and the corned beef hash was pathetic - I've never tasted worse. Service was just okay, nothing special. I'd give it a C-. I would not recommend this place. Denny's or any other pancake house is head and shoulders above this. Sorry.

1  Thank Ioannisutah

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Me and my wife always go here when we visit St. George. The first time we tried it we went back the next day, that's how much we loved it. I've tried a few omelettes and loved them all. My wife gets the french toast. Imagine going to Village Inn but it's cleaner, the servers smile and are polite and the food has excellent flavor instead on being bland. That is what you'll get out of the Egg & I.

1  Thank Brian P
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Had breakfast twice here last May, we were staying at THE INN AT ENTRADA nearby, and despite the crowd it was well worth it. Great waffles, really good large glasses of juice , great cofffee and decent sides. Service was slow but friendly, this is far better than the highly touted Bear Paw in St George.

1  Thank weeblepimkin
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Go before 9:00 AM to beat the crowd. The menus offers enough choice for everyone's pallet.
Pancakes are great and the wait staff keeps you supplied with coffee. Eggs prepared in various ways and always served hot. Ate breakfast there every morning.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were staying nearby for two weeks found egg and I to be a nice way to start our day...good hot coffee...quick service and wait staff very pleasant as well as hostess who circulated to see if all was good..a good experience all around...ate there twice .