“Gorgeous place! Wonderful location in a beautiful town.”
Review of Crescent Moon Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. George
Crescent Moon Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 St. George B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is designed beautifully and the bedroom was huge! We loved that we could control the temperature in each room and the cheese, crackers and extras were a great touch. The place was so clean you could eat off any surface and I'm a neat-freak so that's saying a lot. The back patio was a treat and parking is right at the door. Swimming in the reservoir next door was fun, evening walks to the Coyote Gultch Art Galeries was romantic and the restaurant at the Gultch was delicious daily. I'll stay here again next May when I'm back.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank TorontonianJune2007
There are newer reviews for Crescent Moon Inn

Reviewed May 22, 2012

My girlfriend and I live in LA so the Crescent Moon Inn was the perfect getaway for us. Living in a busy city its always nice to have a place to go to for relaxation, hiking, art, etc. The rooms were absolutely incredible and the staff was pleasant and extremely accomodating. There were plenty of leisure activities for us to keep busy and unwind at the same time. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED place to visit!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Lovely decor but far from town, only one restaurant and not always open, overlooks a storage yard on one side and the unplanted downslope of a reservoir on the other. No one on site and we had to drive to an office then it took 20 minutes to wait for someone to bring keys. There is NO breakfast included (other than a small pack of oatmeal, an apple and a banana) though it lists itself some places as a B&B. The towels had holes and, though clean, the disinfectant smell in the place required open windows for a long time. NO amenities (no room service and no fitness center) and about 11 miles from St George. It is a rental condo only and should not promote itself as anything else.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank oli h
TylerMorales, Manager at Crescent Moon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

The Crescent Moon Inn was just rated one of the Top Ten Off-The-Grid Getaways by Sunset Magazine, so we pride ourselves in being away from town. We are located in Kayenta Utah, a community 12 miles west of Downtown St. George. The closest restaurants, grocery stores, and other modern conveniences are within 5 miles.

The restaurant that is located in the Coyote Gulch Art Village (a 5 min walk from the Crescent Moon Inn), Xetava Gardens Cafe, is open 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and they are open for dinner Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. We are sorry that you arrived on a holiday, Easter Sunday, when the restaurant was not open. Xetava Gardens Cafe and the Crescent Moon Inn are not under the same management or ownership.

The Crescent Moon Inn’s office hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Our check-ins are from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. and we state in our confirmation letter that if you are arriving after these hours to give us a call to arrange a late check-in. Since you called us at the point of arrival on Easter Sunday, it took some time to get to the office to check you in.

The Crescent Moon Inn does not currently offer a breakfast with our stays. There are a few complimentary snack items in each room that are our gift to our guests. We are only an 8 unit Inn at the moment so we get classified into the Bed & Breakfast/ Inn Category but we do not have the facilities at the moment to serve a breakfast. The Crescent Moon Inn will be expanding and creating more rooms and amenities with-in the next year.

Another thing we pride ourselves in is cleanliness. Our suites are cleaned from floor to ceiling after every stay. We use a disinfectant cleaner that typically has a citrus aroma; we are very sorry that you didn’t like the odor of that cleaner.

The Crescent Moon Inn is a great place to experience the outdoors and to enjoy the solitude and peacefulness of nature. We encourage people to hike and bike as a means of exercise, and to explore the unique area where we are located.

We are very sorry that you were unhappy with your one night stay but we encourage most people to stay 2 to 3 days with our “extended stay discount” so that they can really appreciate what The Crescent Moon Inn and Kayenta Utah has to offer.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

When I came across the Crescent Moon Inn, I knew it looked like somewhere I had to go and I am glad I did, it was a great time. It is in the middle of the red rocks with light restrictions, so if you are into star gazing, this is a great place to go and sit on the balcony and look up at the beautiful night sky. I loved that there was a reservoir right over the hill, next time we go, my husband and I are bringing a raft to relax in the water. The restaurant there was fabulous, we had dinner there and it was great! I am definitely returning to the Crescent Moon Inn and Kayenta - what an absolutely gorgeous place and an extremely great way to get out of the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas. Thank you to Crescent Moon Inn for making a very relaxing and enjoyable weekend for my husband and I.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lisa k
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I booked a room for just one night at the last minute; we had wanted to take our dogs on a little car ride (St. George is just a couple hours north of Las Vegas) for the weekend and was pleased to find availability at Crescent Moon Inn. The setting is spectacular, set at the base of the red mountains, and nestled up against a small lake. The room was spotless and I really appreciated the smartly designed space, which felt roomy for two of us and our dogs. I especially liked that there was no carpet, so I didn't have to worry about my dogs making a mess with their feet! The kitchen is small, but well appointed (though, it could use a small cutting board). I really appreciated that there were snacks and water in the room, which really came in handy. (my parenthetical rant about the lack of food in Utah follows: For some reason, I've never been able to get a decent meal in Utah (multiple trips...never once have I had good food), and this time was no exception...except for the fact that we couldn't even find a place to eat. The restaurant wasn't busy, but apparently was expecting to be busy later, so wouldn't seat us (just us...not the dogs!). The only other sit-down restaurant in town was booked until 8:30, so we hit the grocery store. The next morning, the on-site restaurant wasn't serving breakfast until 10 a.m.! They only had coffee, tea and pastries available.) Rant complete. Everything about the room was comfortable, clean, modern, and as high end as most good Las Vegas hotels. Another reviewer complained about the noise of the a/c unit, but I didn't find it to be an annoyance; it was actually a nice white noise which helped make the room more comfortable to sleep in, and happily, helped keep the dogs calm as well. The beds are firm, there were plenty of pillows, nice soft blankets, plenty of fresh, soft clean towels, a comfy sofa & chair in the LR, an ironing board in the closet, etc. There was plenty of room for us, and it is a great home base for those wanting to have some quiet place to relax and enjoy nature. We saw lots of bunnies, quail, bats (at night), ducks, people fishing at the lake, people walking their dogs, people riding bikes, etc. We didn't bring our swim suits, but there is a pool that you can use as well (it is quite hot in Ivins/St George in the summer). We will for sure keep Crescent Moon Inn on our list of close get-aways from Las Vegas, and will be back (this time sans dogs, with dinner reservations, and for more days).

Room Tip: if you want a view, get a 2nd floor room, or the suite at the front end of the Inn.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We stayed for 1 week in March and had a great vacation. The setting of the Inn is absolutely beautiful. There are lots of walking trails and numerous photo opportunities in the community. The restaurant (great food) and the art galleries are within walking distance and Snow Canyon is a short drive from the inn. The rooms were clean and tastefully decorated. We stayed in an upper unit which had great views of the red rocks.

Tyler, the owner is a gracious host and always available if you have questions.

Room Tip: This is not a good location for children as they would probably disturbed the other guest.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed here end of Feb. It was a great location to explore Snow Canyon and the St George area, but simply spending time here in Kayenta with the scenery, the hospitality, the restaurant and the labrynth was incredibly relaxing. We had dinner at the restaurant which reminded me of a kiva. There is a strong yet soothing Mother Earth feeling throughout. Sunrises and sunsets were amazing. The accommodations at the Inn are well thought out and high quality. It was the most comfortable bed I have ever experienced on vacation. Everything we needed was at the Inn. We were in a bottom unit which was spacious and convenient. Hopefully next time we can try an upper unit. Hope to make it back maybe next fall.

Room Tip: upper rooms have access to roof, are quieter and have even better views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple