“Red Rock Beauty and Peace”
Review of Crescent Moon Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. George
Crescent Moon Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 St. George B&B and Inns
Imperial, Pennsylvania
“Red Rock Beauty and Peace”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed here end of Feb. It was a great location to explore Snow Canyon and the St George area, but simply spending time here in Kayenta with the scenery, the hospitality, the restaurant and the labrynth was incredibly relaxing. We had dinner at the restaurant which reminded me of a kiva. There is a strong yet soothing Mother Earth feeling throughout. Sunrises and sunsets were amazing. The accommodations at the Inn are well thought out and high quality. It was the most comfortable bed I have ever experienced on vacation. Everything we needed was at the Inn. We were in a bottom unit which was spacious and convenient. Hopefully next time we can try an upper unit. Hope to make it back maybe next fall.

Room Tip: upper rooms have access to roof, are quieter and have even better views.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shirley15126

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Crescent Moon Inn for our one year anniversary. We couldn't have picked a better place to stay. Our room was beautiful, yet cozy at the same time. The surrounding scenery was just as beautiful as the Inn itself. A morning walk around the Inn was so refreshing. The nearby community of Kayenta completed our amazing stay. A great combination of nature and luxury. The Crescent Moon Inn will definitely be on for list for future amazing getaways.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Murray, Utah
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The rooms are big and well docorated. The furniture is of high quality materials. Very clean and pretty comfortable in general. The kitchenette and the bathroom are well constructed and easy to use. It is a comfortable place for families.

The surrounding environment is very nice. The small lake nearby is very conveneint and very nice for a morning trail run. Overall, Kayenta is a very quite and secluded place. Perhaps most houses are not regularly occupied.

I have only two concerns. First, the airconditing system is quite noisy. While this is not unusal for a motel room in America, this place is quite expensive. People should perhaps expect more. Second, the sound insulation between rooms is pretty bad. We have heard dogs upstairs and noise from nearby rooms at night. Fortunately, exterior sound insulation is pretty good.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor might be better.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Eagle River, Alaska
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Part of me is reticent to leave this review, as the last thing we want is for more people to discover this gem. On the other hand, it's the right thing to do, and I want to say, "thank you, Tyler" for the haven of your incredible property. CMI is the only place we will stay on future trips to the area. It is luxurious, tasteful, serene, and surrounded by the wonderful community of Kayenta with its perfect balance of art and nature. Can't say enough good about this joint.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank yamanoborisan
TylerMorales, Owner at Crescent Moon Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Well thank you so, so much! The Crescent Moon Inn and Kayenta are for-sure hidden gems and we try our best to be subtly visible because we love to have people discover us and have the feeling of finding a diamond in the rough. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you are able to come back soon.
Saint George, Utah, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We LOVED our time at the Crescent Moon Inn! The location was exquisitely beautiful. The views and quiet were exactly what we needed to enjoy our "sneak away" and reconnect as a couple. The nearby Kayenta community, with the art galleries and cafe were perfect to facilitate everything we went looking for. The room we booked was on the 2nd floor and had a deck to relax on with the most amazing views. The room was large with a full size refrigerator and everything we needed to rejuvenate our bodies and soul. I can't wait to get out there again soon! This is the first place I recommend to family and friends when they come to the area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda S
Thank you, we definitely pride ourselves on our views! Please come back and stay soon, with so many new and exciting things going on in Kayenta we don't want you to miss out on all the action. Thanks again, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay.
St. George, Utah
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The Crescent Moon Inn is one-of-a-kind. I booked an upstairs unit and had access to the rooftop... I enjoyed coffee to the sunrise and sipped wine to the sunset. The experience was unique and the room was clean and comfortable. My highest ranking goes to the Crescent Moon Inn....The only place I would recommend to my friends and family visiting Southern Utah.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Meghan I
TylerMorales, Owner at Crescent Moon Inn, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Thank you very much! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and had such a great experience. We hope to have you visit again very soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Crescent Moon Inn in October 2011. We live in Vegas, and we were looking for a quiet place to stay that wasn't too far of a drive. I stumbled upon this inn while doing endless Google searches, and I am so glad that I did.

Our 'room' felt more like a townhouse, really! It was fully furnished and equipped with a kitchen, separate bedroom, living room, front and back balconies, and rooftop access. I believe every room has rooftop access and at least one balcony, but I'm not 100% sure about that. The view was spectacular. The inn is situated near a reservoir and red rocks, creating a serene setting. We absolutely loved it.

If you are looking for a place with nightlife and such, this isn't the place for you, but that's not what we were looking for. We just needed to escape the insanity of Vegas for a weekend, and the inn helped us do that.

The inn is located in the Kayenta community, which is home to an art village, meditation labyrinth, and a wonderful restaurant. We ate at the restaurant one night (the pasta dish was fantastic), and drove into St. George for pizza the other night. It's a quick drive to the state parks that are nearby--we took a day to explore Snow Canyon, which was only about 15 minutes away.

You can read my full review with photos here: http://travelated.com/the-most-beautiful-place-in-america-part-1

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank emcsims
TylerMorales, Owner at Crescent Moon Inn, responded to this review, January 8, 2012
Thank you soo much for staying with us. We always enjoy and appreciate hearing about the great experiences people are able to have at The Crescent Moon Inn. With all that there is to see in So. Utah, we feel that The Crescent Moon Inn and Kayenta are a perfect place to start or have as a home-base. Thanks again!