“Not quite what I expected”

St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson Farm
Ranked #5 of 73 things to do in St. George
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson Farm preserves thousands of dinosaur tracks in place right at the site of discovery. Walk through a snapshot of an early Jurassic lake ecosystem and meet the dinosaurs and other animals that left their tracks here. See the world's largest collection of dinosaur swim tracks, and a rare track made by a crouching meat eating dinosaur, including hand impressions! Enjoy our special exhibit room and our Dino Park where kids can dig in the sand to find dinosaur tracks and practice making their own footprints! The museum is fully air conditioned. Bathrooms, water fountains, and a gift shop are available. Well behaved small dogs are welcome.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

For those who are interested in dino's then this is the place. The exhibits are all inside a building about the size of a high school gymnasium. After 4 or 5 exhibits of dino bones and tracks I was done with the place. However, for a youngster or an adult interested in dinosaurs I would recommend this place. For some reason, I was expecting an outdoor park with dinosaur bones similar to La Brea tar pits in L.A. without the tar pits. However, I can't complain about Johnson Farm.

1  Thank Ron_and_Candy

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have never seen before so many dinosaur tracks in one museum. Very good explanations. You can visit in one hour. But of course the topic is a bit specialized and less fascinating that viewing reconstructions of whole dinosaurs.

1  Thank George4144
Reviewed July 8, 2013

After reading previous reviews about this place, I felt it was well worth the time to check it out with my family especially since it was indoors in the month of July.

The place had really neat preserved dinosaur tracks including people working behind glass counters trying to locate additional historical dinosaur fossils.

There was a lot to see in that little museum. This place also hosts a small area for kids to just unwind and maybe do an origami or two and play with additional puzzles, etc.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I am very interested in dinosaurs and fossils, so this was interesting to me. We stopped at this museum on our way back to Las Vegas from Zion National Park and were happy to see on this 100 degree day that the museum exhibits are all indoors. The museum is small, and only took us about an hour and 15 minutes to go through the exhibits. $6 per person. But I have never seen dinosaur tracks (real ones) before and everything is right before your eyes and not behind a glass plate. The museum was built right over the site where they found the tracks in the rocks, and it is interesting to learn that that area was at one time near the equator prior to all the continents shifting. Makes you wonder throughout the Southwest, how many dinosaur tracks are buried underneath all the rock and sand!!

1  Thank Sue T
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had some time to kill so decided to come here. Pretty cool to think about the huge dinosaurs that once lived here and to see their various tracks. Nicely done museum.