“Entertaining & Delicious”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was my first time experiencing teppanyaki style cooking and I had so much fun. We were seated very quickly and had our drinks within minutes. My husband ordered a beer simply because the prices were so great. In fact all the prices were fairly reasonable considering the amount of food you received. Our server was very attentive and I never went without water. Our cook was a lot of fun and almost everything was perfect. My only problem was the scallops. They weren't undercooked but they weren't quite seared enough for my liking. The centers were still a little gummy. My husband ordered the chicken and steak which were both cooked to perfection. They seasoning was light but there was no need to add any sauces. Everything was just wonderful. My husband and I will absolutely return but I'd steer clear of the scallops.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

This is our first trip to St George and since it is super hot during summer, I thought having sushi for lunch would be a great idea. I chose this place based on the reviews, so it's a chance that it would be great for us. We all ordered the lunch teriyaki box. We enjoyed the salmon teriyaki salmon, which included 2 potstickers, 4 pieces of California roll, salmon, rice and vegetables, all this with soup and salad. It is a lot of food for $7.95.
The salmon was seasoned lightly with teriyaki, it was fresh and moist.
Our waitress was attentive, which provided us great service. If we return, I can only hope it is as great experience as the first.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Excellent sushi and service. Waitress was very freindly and had great recommendations for sushi. Suprised to find such an excellent place in Utah. It is a definite must if you are in the area.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

My brother and I stopped in late afternoon last week, Sakura had good reviews so we thought we would try. We both had Sushi plates and they were great. Then we asked the Chef to make us two Sushi rolls of his choice, a chefs special, they were fantastic. The service was great, course there wasn't much else to do that early. Clean place.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were looking for tempura and found this restaurant while overnighting in St. George. Very clean and pleasantly simply decorated place. We had a short wait as they were very busy - a good sign. Our food was very good. The miso soup wasn't really hot but we enjoyed everything we ordered including chicken katsu which can be made with chicken breast. We ate on the sushi bar side as the other side of the restaurant is for Hibachi. Folks on that side appeared to be having a great time.

1  Thank AK Pineapple