“Nice surprise for St. George”

Sakura Japanese Steak House & Sushi
Ranked #9 of 248 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I don't live in St. George but have spent quite a bit of time here over the past 10 years. Most of the restaurants in town are either national chains or American food. I was skeptical about trying sushi, buy it looked like a nice place to try with my family. The place is clean and simple. We had a party of five so they put us in a small room near the back that could be closed off, which was nice and quiet. The sushi was good and the food was excellent. All five of us had different things and we were all happy, including my picky father. There are some other types of Asian food on the menu, but it's mostly Japanese influenced. The price seemed good too. It's lower than what I would've paid back home in California at least. I would definitely go there again.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

I had some Sushi and Thai noodle in sakura couple days ago, I love the food there, as well as the dine-in room which is clean and stylish. They have wide range choice of food. And the food is absolutely tasty and fairly priced. By the way, they got the most entertaining Hibachi site.

1  Thank Ryan57119
Reviewed June 25, 2011

My wife and I had been wanting to try it and we finally got the chance. I had looked at other reviews and seen that Johnny was there from samurai 21 and he is a great sushi chef and cooks other things really well. Atmosphere was great and they really renovated the place. Prices were another thing that was great, so overall the experience was awesome!

2  Thank Energywise1
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We had relatives visiting us from San Diego, Ca. so, we wanted to take them to a nice place for a birthday. We all had excellent meals. The chef at our table was very good and entertainted us with his performance. Can't wait to go back again.

2  Thank ConnieMC-77
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Sakura is the 6th sushi restaurant in St George. Only Mexican food is better represented. The owner "Johnny", is Chinese, and the former sushi chef from Samurai 21 down the street. The hostess is dressed in a kimono which is supposed to make it authentic? The sushi rolls are the same deep fried cream cheese with spicy sauce that you can get anywhere. There is a Benihana show too if this is anyone's idea of authentic. The regular menu is Thia food because, you guessed it, the cook is from Thailand. we extensively tried this menu and it was poor. The Hamchi Kama was steamed!! with red garlic sauce??
So, if you want Thai food at a Japanese restaurant overseen by a Chinese owner you have found your place.

3  Thank sneezenwheez