“Fun for Everyone!”

Snow Canyon Trail Rides
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the paradise of Snow Canyon State Park on a guided horseback trail ride. Whether you are an experienced rider or a first timer you will have the adventure of a lifetime viewing the rising Red and White Navajo Sandstone cliffs that are layered with black lava flows. The unique advantage of being on horseback with one of our professional guides will allow you to take in many of the colorful desert plants and the opportunity to view the elusive wildlife that roam the park which includes desert tortoises, quail, roadrunners, kit foxes, coyotes, as well as the peregrine falcons flying above it all. You will treasure your memories with southern Utah’s Ultimate Experience and one of the most appealing trail rides in the nation!
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We took our 8 and 10 year old girls on a one hour ride through the beautiful Snow Canyon and it was just an amazing time! Matthew, our guide, was easy going, informative and put our girls at ease - turning them into real "riders" in no time! The trail was gorgeous, the horses well cared for and mannered. I would recommend this to anyone!

5  Thank Paul and Michel... C
horselady3333, Owner at Snow Canyon Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thanks for the kudos!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The trail guide was very knowlegable about the area, the horses well trained. The 2 hour ride took us to some lovely veiew points in the awe inspiring Snow Canyon. A good afternoon activity.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I spoke with Patty on the phone to plan our half day ride. She had some great suggestions and had everything well planned when we arrived. Our wrangler, Matthew, was super friendly and the horses were nicely tempered. We talked about the plants, animals and history of the Snow Canyon area. Matthew knew it all. The ride was so scenic going up to the canyon rim. We had no idea how spectacular that view would be at the top. We would definitely go again. Thank you Patty and Matthew!

1  Thank FriscoGayle
horselady3333, Owner at Snow Canyon Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

We are so thrilled this was the highlight of your wonderful vacation, considering there are so many spectacular sights in southern Utah. But we do get that comment time and again, as this is a truly awesome ride and sight to behold!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

When I called and made my horseback riding appointment I was told I had to give my card number to hold the reservation. I was also told that I would receive directions to the park via text message. The day of the appointment came and I still hadn't received the directions so I tried several times to call for directions. So like any other normal person I looked on the snow canyon trail rides website and found a map with directions. I didn't want to be late so I started fallowing the directions from the website and still continued to call the phone number. After fallowing the directions word for word I was led to a dead end 30 minutes from my house! I headed back home after more attempts to get a hold of someone for directions. About 30 minutes later when I was back at my house I got a phone call back and the owner tried giving me directions. Unfortunately i had other plans for that day and did not want to drive another half hour out there and another half hour back. I tried explaining this over the phone and was told that I would still be charged for my ride. Now why would I be charged for a service that I did not receive...that I tried to receive but was not given directions on how to even get to the service? So I attempted many times to get directions and it was not my fault that I couldn't get to the horseback ride but instead of discussing this over the phone like adults the owner decided to scream and hang up on me then charge my card 124 unauthorized dollars. So from the incorrect directions they have on their website for no reason to the way they handle business over the phone this place is completely unprofessional! So I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone unless you have all day to waste driving around or money to lose for no reason!

8  Thank Sabrinat921
horselady3333, Owner at Snow Canyon Trail Rides, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

It is sad that when someone doesn't show up for their reserved ride (even though they tell you they are coming to the ride when they are 10 minutes late), that they must make up these false allegations and untruths to justify their bad behavior.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Go early before it gets too hot (and before the masses get out of bed and into your photos!!). Only 15 mins from St George.

1  Thank John S