“More than I had expected”
Review of Mad Pita Express

Mad Pita Express
Ranked #24 of 257 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I thought I was going to walk into a little mom & pop pita sandwich shop.

The place was buzzing with people inside and out on the outside dining pad. The menu was pretty diverse.

My son and I had a Gyro. The meat from the skewer thing going on.... cucumber sauce, fresh red onion. I had fries, he had soup - Lemon something, I didn't pay attention to that. I was watching the people cooking and prepping in the back - a respectable busy bunch of workers.

Gyro's were good - I have had better - the meat was warm - not hot, kinda undid it for me a bit. The veggies and sauce were good and helped me forget about the cool meat.

The fries were VERY different. Had spices on them - not Lawry's - and the soup my son said was too lemony - BUT when I tried it it was perfectly done - I don't know if they made it there or if it was from a box.

Tables all over, order, someone delivers your goods - bring your own garbage to a bin and leave situation.

I'd frequent this place if I lived on that side of town... to try the other menu items.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This is our favorite local restaurant; we go there a couple times a month. The fiery chicken is our favorite and it is not overpoweringly Greek like a lot of places. The pitas are excellent, but the hummus is pretty bland. Great staff (the owner has come to chat with us several times), clean and cool place to grab lunch or dinner.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

After reading reviews on how good this place was, I had been looking forward to going for the past month, and we finally went today. At first everything seemed good, the staff friendly enough. We got the food, and it was pretty good, but could have used more flavor in the tzatziki (not enough garlic). The pitas were too soft, making the tzatziki soak through pretty quickly. (We make Greek all the time from scratch at home.) I wouldn't have said these things in my reivew, and I would have left one more star, had we not had this experience at the end: on our way out, we ordered some brownies and baklava to go, since the kids wanted dessert. The brownies and baklava were sitting right there, in plain sight. She said "I'll get that right out to you.", and we proceeded to wait for over 10 minutes. She helped a few other groups before getting our desserts, and some of these people came in after us! We expected an apology for the wait but that did not come, and the desserts weren't worth the wait at all (and expensive for brownies, anyway!) Overall, it was a big letdown after noticing such high reviews. Also, the service was SO slow that the word "Express" should be taken out of their name.... especially if you want a brownie.

2  Thank Michelle R
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our family returned to Mad Pita Express after having been there two years ago. We again checked out Trip Advisor and we all decided that Mad Pita was our best bet. It was excellent once again. I had the gyro combo. My pita was outstanding!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stopped by after being in Zion for the day. Found the restaurant on this website. I ordered the spicy chicken pita and it was very good. I have had better hummus but it was not bad, just not the best. Staff friendly. Good quick place to eat if you are tired and just want to get back to your hotel.

1  Thank LeavinKS