“A Good Old Standby!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We like to eat occasionally at Cracker Barrel. The service was wonderful. Food was basically the same. It was hot and fresh and the service was really good.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is your basic home style cooking restaurant and gift shop. It is a family style setting and they offer a varied menu. They have a kid's menu which I think has good choices. They serve breakfast all day and of course lunch and dinner. They have weekly lunch specials 11-2 for around 5.99 and dinner specials after 4pm.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This landmark restaurant has been in the St George area for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately for me, I have waited until this last weekend to stop in for breakfast. Its everything I expected and more. I expected to see all of those trinkets and dustables for sale (dustables- those items found at your grand parents home that are either seasonal of permanently place on shelves around the home only to changed out or re-dusted every 3 months). It fits with the whole Southern Tennessee theme.
Beyond expectations was the true to St George service and hospitality. The only thing more plentiful than the warm friendly service from college aged waiters and hostesses was the quantity of hot, fresh food. No, this is not the Ritz. It's simple home style food at a rock bottom good price. The only thing this place lacks is counter service, but no place is perfect.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

loved the service, the games while waiting. Food was to be as expected although they did run out of oatmeal which seems to happen to me everytime I've ordered it there. toast was burnt but I only like the middle anyway. ;)

Reviewed September 5, 2012

the food was great, the price was good, the service was excellent. This is a favorite place to eat for my husband and me.