“Amazing!!”

Ranked #32 of 245 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dining in an art gallery atmosphere.
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Anasazi has officially ruined me! I never ever want my steak cooked on a grill again. DELICIOUS on the rock! My server was awesome. Our experience was great! Highly recommended.

Fort Myers, Florida
“Not good!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Not a good experience at all. The ventilation is very poor. There was a constant haze in the air from the steaks being prepared on the hot rocks at the individual tables. We even heard one person talk about the smokey haze when they arrived.

There were three couples in our group. One ordered the shrimp and scallops and asked they be prepared on the grill in the kitchen and not on the hot rock at the table. The shrimp were cold and the scallops were basically raw when they were brought out to our table. Our side dishes, which included rice and vegetables, were all cold. The only time the waitress was at our table was to bring the food or beverages. Not once did she check back to see how things were, until we asked the hostess to send the Manager to our table to complain about our food. Before the Manager could arrive at our table, the waitress showed up with a look of panic. We told her about this bad experience and she said, "I can buy you a cheesecake" if you'd like. Really! You had to tell us you would "BUY" the cheesecake for us. We of course declined the offer.

Two of us did have steaks with the hot rock and it was ok. Oh, and the beer was good also, once we got it.

Luckily for the waitress the tip was included in the bill.

1 Thank Scott386
Orem
“Fun and Fabulous”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The hot rock allows you to cook every bite of your steak to perfection. It gives it such a great flavor. This was a fun experience and the food was fabulous. The staff was friendly and explained everything well (her knowledge of wine was a bit lacking... but it is Utah after all). I noticed a few rips in the booth seat, but overall the place was clean and modern.

So. Utah
“Different style of eating.”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

First time here in the middle of the week. We were seated right away.
The waitress explained the cooking on the rock method and this is what we chose. Eating this way was different but cool. Food cooked the way you wanted. It did make sitting at the table a little warm. If we had been there with another couple I think I would have had to get away from the table for a while.
Price was o k. and I think I would take someone there for the experience but I doubt that I will be going back myself.

• Visited August 2013
Cedar City, Utah
“Nice place...a few quirks.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Ate here last night for the first time. I thought the food was above average (loved the dinner rolls...but seems like you had to ask for them, they didn't just automatically come). Be prepared to leave smelling like a steakhouse...especially if you order your food cooked "on the rock." The rock gave my steak a unique flavor and it was a fun experience. My steak was good and cooked just how I like it...because I was the one cooking it on the rock in front of me. If you like every bite of your food warm off the grill, this place is for you. Even if you don't cook your food on the rock, the place is a bit overwhelming smoke wise from all the food cooking at various tables (you can see it thick in the air and if you are sensitive to BBQ smoke it may make for an uncomfortable meal for you). I had to take a shower when I got home and I noticed my clothes still smelled strongly today as I put them in the wash...wouldn't recommend going to dinner here if you have somewhere else you have to be after that you don't want to smell like a BBQ at. Service was nice...but not flawless (forgot to bring sides ordered, really slow in drink refilling...sat with an empty glass half the meal). I would go back - it was an overall enjoyable meal and a bit unique from your usual steakhouse experience.

• Visited August 2013