“Wonderful Food, Experience, and Service”

Anasazi Steakhouse & Gallery
Ranked #29 of 247 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Dining in an art gallery atmosphere.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Anasazi was WONDERFUL! Last night was the first time I have ever experience the Anasazi Steakhouse, and I honestly wish I would have discovered it earlier! Our waitress, and now that i'm writing a review I can't remember her name, anyway she had short black hair, was very friendly, attentive, and it was obvious that she truly enjoys working there. She knew what she was doing, and actually took time to get to know us as she was preparing our fondue, instead of standing there awkwardly. The food was excellent!!! I loved the experience of being able to cook on a marble and lava slab, that was easily the best dining experience I've had! It was such a fun night out, and the best steak I've ever tasted! I highly recommend Anasazi! Thank you for an amazing experience!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Normally I would not take the time to write a review but after last night I felt compelled to share my excitement for this new gem I have discovered. We were referred to Anasazi by some friends so we thought we would give it a try. As per their recommendation we made a reservation and were able to walk right in and get seated. It was our anniversary so we decided to go full throttle with appetizers, entree, and dessert! We started off with the fondue of the month which was Havarti Dill with sun dried tomatoes and it was delicious, my favorite item to dip was the apple chunks. Then onto our main meal. My husband ordered the 10 ounce fillet with mashed potatoes and I ordered the ribeye accompanied by the vegetables. Again we went there for the experience so we both had our steaks on the stones. Although I was a bit intimidated when the stones were brought to us, our very knowledgeable waiter spent some time giving us a tutorial so that really helped. I have never had so much fun cooking for myself before. To complete the evening we splurged on the Toblerone chocolate fondue. That dessert sent me into pure euphoria, I mean seriously who doesn't like melted chocolate to dip an array of goodies into. I am glad we stepped out of our little bubble of restaurants we frequent to try Anasazi. Everything about our meal was fantastic from the food to the waiter. We will definitely return.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I spent a Sunday evening at this steak house when we discovered a nearby steak house was closed on Sunday. It is a fairly big operation, and we were served by the owner with whom we had a delightful extended conversation. The food was great and as you can imagine, with the owner serving our table we were very well taken care of. He introduced me to cooking steaks on the 'Rock' which is an Aussie practice I understand. Well worth trying. The salad was great and we both really enjoyed our evening out in St. George, Utah on our way home northbound.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We went with another couple to celebrate their anniversary. It was 5:00pm on a not so busy Saturday night. We started off with the fondue. It had some small broccoli florets, carrots, celery, apples and a few pieces of dry bread. All I can say about that was the cheese was OK. The salads were swimming in dressing. The entrees came with a tiny (think small ice cream scoop) of mash potatoes and some boiled carrots. We found the steaks to be tough (rib eyes and sirloins). My rib eye was so tough I couldn't eat it. After waiting for quite awhile to catch our waiter we finally had to ask another waiter to tell our waiter to come back to our table. By the time he showed up everyone else was done eating. I told him the steak was too tough to eat. He offered to replace it with a fillet mignon. I agreed and he brought it on a steaming lava rock. You have to slice it raw and cook it yourself at your table. Basically, your slicing raw meat with the same knife your going to cut it up with to eat it. The others in the group waited while I cooked and ate my steak. The problem with cooking at a relatively small table is the smoke goes in everyone's face.
I was very surprised when I got home and checked my receipt that after all this they up charged me to the price of the fillet. The rib eye was around $23 and the fillet was a couple bucks more. No big deal but seeing that the service was slow and the steak like shoe leather, I think they should have been happy with the $23.

Very disappointed and will not return.

1  Thank Bob74742
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I went to Anasazi for supper yesterday. First off I noticed that their menu was different that what was on their website. He said they've just had new menus printed but the website hasn't been updated yet. Okay, so that means there's no carrot cake, which my husband loves and one of the reasons I chose Anasazi. Also their prices were higher that what was listed on the website. We ordered the bruschetta for an appetizer since we both love it. I took a bite and as I'm chewing I see there's something green on the bread beneath the tomatoes and cheese. Looks like some kind of a spread. I'm thinking "this doesn't taste like basil". I asked the waiter what was hiding underneath the tomatoes and he said it was pesto. I asked if it was made with pinenuts and he wasn't sure, he would check. Turns out the pesto is made with walnuts. Good thing I took the piece I bite off out of my mouth and didn't end up swallowing it. I would have gone into encephalitic shock because I'm deadly allergic to nuts. The waiter apologized and asked if it was a medical concern. When I told him it was and that considering they just had the menus reprinted, they should have mentioned that it contained nuts. If I swallowed it I would have less than 10 minutes to get to the hospital. He said he would notify the manager. We then decided that we would split a 10 oz filet mignon ($30, yikes), which came with a salad and a vegetable medley, and we ordered the baked potato ($3.95 really). We wanted the filet medium-rare. I cut the steak in half and see that it's rare, not medium-rare. The waiter offered to take the steak pieces and have it cooked to order (why wasn't that done in the first place). My husband decided to keep his half as he doesn't mind rare but I can't eat it that way. So later he brings out my steak and I was expecting it to be well done considering it was taken away 7 minutes ago. Now during all this time, the manager never came out to talk to me and maybe apologize for their "new menu" screw-up of not listing an allergy warning. It's so common today that I was shocked it wasn't listed on the menu. Guess they need a lawsuit (after someone dies) before it will grab their attention.

I know this restuarant has some pretty good reviews but for the prices I wasn't really impressed.

1  Thank S0NIAB