“Ok but nothing special”

Ranked #29 of 252 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dining in an art gallery atmosphere.
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was expecting superior food and service, but unfortunately this place did not deliver, esp at the price point. We arrived on a Sunday night, and waited at the entrance for a bit as there was no hostess to greet us. The restaurant was nearly empty at 7:30, which is never a good sign. The food and service were just OK, but nothing memorable or special. My NY strip was overcooked, and a bit dry, the house salad was tiny, and the overall experience was forgettable. We also dined at the painted pony, which was superior in every way.

2  Thank vailguy

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Restaurant had some neat architecture along the exterior wall, but we were seated near the entry in a place that felt narrow and cramped. The food was good but not so special to us. We feel all the hype is more due to the unique approach of letting you cook your food on the very hot lava stones. Most dishes are served with 2 sauces, with more available at $.40 each. I had swordfish with a gouda and red pepper puree sauce and another which apparently was very forgettable! I liked the fish best plain. It was a good peice of meat and well-seasoned. Husband had a filet, which was good. They offered a variety of cheese fondues, and dessert fondues.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

What a great restaurant. It was such a nice and different restaurant. It was a wonderful evening and a fun experience. Just not your usual steak restaurant!!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This really was a gem of an experience. If we lived in the area we probably would have left our kids at home for a nice relaxing adult dinner, but we were passing through on vacation so we were all there (9 and 14 years old). There was no kid's menu but it didn't matter (actually it was nice) The kids split a cheese fondue (and gave us adults a single bite) and in addition my daughter ordered the seared ahi appetizer. It was very beautifully served (on cucumber slices) and was (reportedly) fresh and delicious. My husband and I both had the filet on stone with scallops and it was delicious. I don't believe I've ever seen such huge and tender scallops before. We had plenty of food (didn't even eat the cold vege side dish) and shared with the kids who loved everything as well. Naturally we had to have the chocolate fondue at the end of the dinner and it was as awesome as the rest. There was plenty of food and for an upscale restaurant, pretty reasonably priced to feed our entire family. The art is lovely and I wish I had taken more time to browse. The service was very attentive and professional. I am glad to see they are expanding. It was a truly memorable experience.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Wow, perfect steak all the way, unique way of cooking the steak also. Food was perfect along with the service. Pricing was appropriate for the style of restaurant. Highly recommend !!!