“Get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars

Economy Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 9 St. George B&B and Inns
“Get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Got the room for about $30 after tax. In the winter.
The worst of it: Found a small cockroach in the fridge, so we let our leftovers spoil.
The room itself seemed generally clean—sheets, bathroom, carpet included. Old tub, old furniture. New paint, new sink/counter.

Breakfast (which is more than I'd have expected from a place like this) was offered next door, but it was just crappy juice, two options of cereal with only whole milk. He had a waffle maker, but ran out of batter and then he started blaming the guests—loudly and in the middle of everyone—for wasting batter by using the waffle iron wrong. Honestly, it was amusing like a movie, though baffling that it was real-life.

We asked for a discount at checkout and she just told us it was a good room where they changed the sheets. "Nothing I can do for you."

So, pretty ghetto but we weren't expecting much for the price. We like to think of ourselves as tough-skinned and we were only looking for a bed for one night. (We'd have liekd a crib for the toddler too but thwy sidnt have any). Served its purpose.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Knudies

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Heber City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I never complain but this is the worst place I have ever stayed at. Bugs all over the place, Bathtub had a hole in it and they fixed it with electrical tape, globs of plaster or putty all over the room, they taped the space heater to the wall with masking tape, I was scared to sleep on the bed because the linens didn't look clean, bars on the windows. I was worried for my baby and my wife and could not sleep well. Overall sugestion go somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kay c c

Travelers are raving about these St. George hotels

Preston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Arrived after Zion NP. Had stayed previously at the Coronada Inn and Suites next door for $29.
This time they wanted $75, and put it down to the marathon. They recommended the Sands if I wanted to pay less, next door on the uphill side. He wanted $69, but said he owned the economy 2 doors down. I could have it for $50. Went there and paid.
The kitchenette was not equipped. No plates,cutlery, pans etc. No oven only hot rings.
Went to reception, were it was explained they'd been taken, and we'd to provide our own!!!!!
No exactly a kitchenette room is it?
They provided plastic cutlery eventually, with some pans and paper plates.
INFESTATION does not describe this place well enough, before reloading our things, we shook everything very well just to make sure we hadn't seperated anything from it's family.
The bathroom was very old and needs overhaul, including the carpet in the bedroom. In fact, level the place and start again, it would be money better spent.
Quite possibly the worst stay in 4 road trips in the US.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank t0wnender
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Our room had cockroaches!!! When we complained at the front desk they came and sprayed. The spray caused us to cough and burned our throats and only brought out more cockroaches. When we asked for a refund he refused the full amount giving us only half but offered to upgrade our room at no cost. The staff is unprofessional! Their kids were screaming in the background while I was trying to resolve the situation. overall I was extremely unsatisfied. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank lizzanne1
Shaker Heights
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I am a frequent traveler. For the price this hotel is good value for the money. The air condiotioning worked very well, it was over 100 degrees. Also, there are a lot of cable channels.

The owner seemed like a really nice guy. I get the feeling that he owns a few area hotels. It seemed like he recently bought the property and is renovating it. I noticed him removing old mattreses and putting in new ones. Also, the room had fresh paint.

St. George is neat little town apx. 30 minutes from Zion National Park and apx. 1.25 hours from Bryce National Park. The hotel is within easy walking distance of downtown St. George. Also, this property is only a minute off of Interstate 15.

I stayed here for ten days, I travel around the country in the summer. I like to see America. I felt that this property was good value for the money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Pocatello, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

For the price we got Im not gonna complain. It was quiet and clean. My only complaints were....no coffee pot in room, you had to go to hotel next door for coffee and breakfast, the pool looked really dirty, and the owners little kids riding their scooters around the vehicles. All and all our stay was good, I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Unfortunately we waited until last minute to book our hotel, so we ended up at Economy Lodge. The pros were that it had a fridge & microwave, air conditioning, and was quiet. The cons were that it had cockroaches, super slow Wifi, not enough handsoap & no shampoo, the bathroom fan was extraordinarily loud, you had to go to a different hotel for the continental breakfast and overall it just seemed like a sketchy place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends