“First Blush - what a great place!”

Wingate by Wyndham St. George
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I've just begun my stay here and already I feel like I'm at home. Beside the fact that it's clean, comfortable and well decorated, it has little touches that most places miss. I get disoriented during the night but this room has a night light to help me find the bathroom. There is a little tray to put the soap in so that it doesn't slide all over the counter and making a mess like at many other hotels.

For refreshment, there is decaf tea, along with high octane and decaf coffee. I can have a nice cup of tea and curl up in my jammies to relax and watch HDTV. In the morning, there are to go cups for my coffee. There is a safe in the room so I can leave my valuables locked up while out during the day.

I stayed at another hotel in town last night (this one was full). It wasn't terrible but it pales in comparison to this one and the price was the same.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
StGeorgeWingate, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2010

So glad to see that you enjoyed your stay here at the Wingate. It looks like you enjoyed everything from A-Z at the property. We hope to see you again next year and be sure to have a great week. Thanks for staying at the Wingate by Wyndham Hotel in St. George.

There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham St. George

Reviewed October 7, 2010

Drove from Vegas to St. George to begin a trip to Bryce and Zion. Was so happily surprised to find such a wonderfully clean, well serviced, absolutely delightfully decorated place to stay. Location is great- right off I15. The staff was welcoming and helpful with directions and advice about sights to see. The breakfast was quite good wit cereals, fruit, waffles, yogurt, muffins, etc, The room was large and extremely comfortable. We both slept well.
Free computers to use, laundry, and fitness room. Walmart right across the road so you can easily pick up supplies.
When I thought my room was missing a hair dryer in the morning, (hard to see on a bottom shelf under the sink), one of the staff was kind enough to bring an extra one to me during breakfast. Would happily stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay in Southern Utah at the Wingate Hotel while visiting the National Parks in the area. We do have a great location off of the interstate and I am glad to see that you were able to use our amenities as well as the Super Walmart right across the street. We hope that you have a great week and that you are as surprised next time you stay here as you were this one.

Reviewed October 1, 2010

We stayed here our last night before flying home after a week-long camping trip to the Grand Canyon and Zion National Park. We might have been a little prejudiced after sleeping in a tent for a week, but it was one of the best nights' sleep we ever had. The room was clean and comfortable. The pool and hot tub are a lot nice than they look in the pictures on the hotel's website. The hotel is centrally located just off the highway, with plenty of restaurant and shopping nearby (Wal-Mart is right next door), but sits back off the road in a quiet area.
Our only problem was with the staff. We had to be at the airport at 6AM to catch our flight home and the man behind the desk didn't quite seem to understand why we felt we needed to have transportation set up that we could rely on. He said that MAYBE someone would be in to drive the hotel shuttle bus to the airport a little early so we could use that and if that failed he THOUGHT there were some local taxi services that started running that early. None of this sounded definite and he seemed confused that we wanted transportation we knew we could depend on.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Glad to see that you enjoyed the Grand Canyon and Zion National Park. I hope that the tent was everything you hoped for prior to leaving on your week-long camping trip. I apologize about the confusion at the front desk with regards to the shuttle service of the hotel. Our shuttle starts at 7 am and ends at 10 pm everyday. The front desk should have arranged a taxi for you instead of hesitating on what to do with the early departure. I do hope to see you in the future at our property on your next week-long camping trip even though we are not a National Park.

Reviewed September 22, 2010

I stayed at this hotel last year and it was just as good this year. The wingate is very clean, cozy and comfortable. I got a great rate through the internet and was very happy with my stay. The rooms are spacious and the king bed is very comfortable. Their is also a nice flat screen tv and a microwave and mini fridge. The pool/spa area is nice and open late and the free breakfast is a huge bonus. I have stayed at 4 hotels in St. George and this to me ranks at the top.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
StGeorgeWingate, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2010

Glad to see that all of the ammenities that we provide have catered to your needs. It is nice to see that you have stayed at several properties here in St. George and that we rank in the top of your list. Hearing that makes us strive to continue with our great service so that we can continue to get great compliments such as yours. We hope to see you on your next trip to St. George and ask that you give us a chance to say hello next time that you are in.

Reviewed September 10, 2010

We attend Las Vegas at least once or twice a year and usually take 2-3 days out of the gambling scene to play some golf. This time around we thought we leave LV for a couple of days and try some golf in the surrounding area. We located St.George and ended up playing a round at Coral Canyon & on the way back we stopped in Mesquite and played Conestoga.

I have stayed at Wingate Inns before and for the most part they fit the bill. They are just what we are looking for especially for the quick , convenient breakfast and the outdoor hottubs after a day of golf.

This hotel is very new and modern in a nice area of the city. For the price and amenities we definately were not dissapointed we choice this hotel.

Not a major fault at all but there was only a couple of minor things:
1. We drove from LV and arrived at 11:00 a.m. - For the most part a person can always check in at this time - - there is at least one room available. No luck we were told there is no rooms available and to come back later. So we had to haul all our stuff including suitcases and golf travel bags to the golf course etc.,

2. The air conditioners are right beside the bed.....when that thing is going all night it can become irritating as you are so close to it. The beds should just be moved farther down the wall ( as their is tons of room ) and place the chairs etc on that end of the room ?

In saying that if & when we are back in the area we will probably stay here again.

Reviewed August 30, 2010

We loved our stay at this hotel. The hotel staff were all very friendly, room was clean, and the pool area was nicely landscaped. We liked everything about this place including it's much better than the average free breakfast. We'll definitely stay here again on our next visit to Zion & Bryce National Park.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We stayed here on our way home from Lake Powell. The rooms are fine, not very well sound-proofed as I could here what was going on in rooms next to me. The value is tremendous. Breakfast left a bit to be desired -- (no forks available and no one around to ask for some), but was typical for these types of hotels.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
StGeorgeWingate, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2010

Glad to see that you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel and that the value was there for you. I apologize about there not being any forks available when you came down for breakfast. We tend to have a lot of families and groups staying in the hotel and therefore at times it is hard to control the volume output. Hope you had a great time at Lake Powell and we hope to see you on your next trip through Southern Utah.