“Fantastic Staff!”

Wingate by Wyndham St. George
Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed July 13, 2010

The staff at the Wingate is the one of the best that we have ever encountered. The room was very clean. The bedding and mattresses were great. The pool area was clean and the water was a good temp. The breakfast was above that of other hotels. Scrambled eggs, yogurt, bagels, waffles, a nice variety of juices, etc. The breakfast was on par to a Residence Inn breakfast. We have stayed at Wynhams in the past but never a Wingate. Based on our experience at St. George, we will now search out the Wingates.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
StGeorgeWingate, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2010

Great to see that your 1st experience at a Wingate was one of the best that you have ever encountered. Our staff takes a lot of pride on taking care of the guests as well as making sure that our amenities meet the standards. We truly do appreciate your business and hope that you will be back to visit our property as well as staying at other Wingates across the Nation.

Reviewed July 8, 2010

Stayed for 4 nights while visiting Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, Lake Powell/Glen Canyon and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. All were within 3 hours of this hotel, so it made a great "base".
Check-in is 3:00pm or 4:00pm, but they happily checked us in when we arrived at 10:30am. Room was clean, spacious and quite comfortable.
Complimentary breakfast each morning consisted of assorted cereals, bagels, English Muffins, yogurt, scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, waffles, fruit, juices, coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
Staff was friendly and more than willing to assist in any way they could.
Average price of the room per night was approximately $80.00...including taxes. Thought this was more than fair for the value we received.
Would definitely stay here again if our travels lead us back to southern Utah!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
StGeorgeWingate, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2010

Great to see that you enjoyed your stay here in Southern Utah while staying at the Wingate by Wyndham Hotel. We do hope that your travels do bring you back to Southern Utah in the future. Thanks for the great comment and if there is anything we can do for you in the future you know where to find us.

Reviewed June 30, 2010

My wife and I spent 5 nights of our honeymoon here while hiking in Zion. The hotel was amazingly clean, the staff were super helpful, and the room was very nice. I can't think of one disappointment. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
StGeorgeWingate, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2010

Great to see that you enjoyed your time in Southern Utah. We try our best to get to know our guest and we are happy to see that you had a great experience here at the property as well. Hope you have a great 4th of July weekend and hope to see you down the road some day.

Reviewed June 23, 2010

I stumbled across St George due to a wrong turn out of Las Vegas. I reserved a room while sipping iced tea at a local Starbucks, got directions and made my way to the hotel. As I walked in the warmth embraced me. Waiting at the front desk for no longer than 90 seconds, I was greeted by an apologetic night manager, Steve. He asked me what brought me in to their facility, and the poor soul didn't expect to hear all the drama that boiled down to a wrong turn onto the 93N Freeway out of Las Vegas, instead of the 95N. He was so sympathetic to me and concerned, I felt his genuine kindness and was immediately reassured my choice to stay here. I was astonished at the beautiful room I was given. It was impressively clean and fresh feeling. Everything was updated, from the linens to the LCD TV's that were mounted on the wall. A more relaxing evening to the end of my stressful day was found in the GIANT jetted bathtub! The hotel has a spa and pool, laundry and business facilities. A lovely choice of breakfast in the morning wrapped up my unexpected stay beautifully. The morning staff was pleasant, although none are parallel with Steve, I thank you!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Momma2aPooky

Unfortunate but fortunate that you made that wrong turn coming out of Vegas. Glad to see a comment about Steve and the great job that he did in taking care of you. I will let him know of your appreciation. Glad to see that you enjoyed your room and the hotel. We hope to see you again and hopefully you will be making the right turn.

Reviewed May 13, 2010

I traveled to St. George for a convention. I was not in the mood for travel. Imagine my great surprise when I discovered the Wingate...overall, the best business-travel night I have ever spent!

Please believe me when I say I have traveled for business to every state in the Union. I have tried to put my finger on exactly what made the Wingate so special, but there are actually so many things. The ease of the reservation process; check-in was a total breeze; the room was spacious and comfortable and the breakfast was great. I assure you I will look forward to any future trip to St. George, both business and pleasure!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Alec34
StGeorgeWingate, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2010

It is great to see that you had a great stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Hotel here in St. George. We have a great staff that tries to make your stay as enjoyable as possible for whatever the occasion may be while in St. George. We look forward to your next visit whether for business or leisure. Thanks and have a great week!

Reviewed April 24, 2010

Spent one night in St George as part our visit to Zion National Park. Clean, neat, well appointed hotel with everything a traveler needs. Beautiful rooms (we were in the very large, comfortable suite), free WiFi, business center, a real exercise room w/ equipment that works, a heated pool, a nice breakfast (included in price). Very convenient to shopping (WalMart next door). The staff was universally friendly, helpful, and welcoming. One criticism - poor signage at roadway "entrance" , awkward traffic circle at highway exit adjacent to hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BroadOakPS
StGeorgeWingate, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2010

Glad to see that you enjoyed our hotel here in St. George. I apologize about the round about here at our exit. That is something that is just a tad out of our control. The breakfast has everything you can ask for and we are only 40 minutes from the entrance of Zion National Park. We appreciate you visiting your home away from home and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 21, 2010

I was in town for a conference and was referred to this motel. The front desk manager Steve checked us in and it took 30 minutes. My companion made the reservations with the hotel and assured me it was going to be ok. We showed up 5 minutes after 3 PM and Steve said no rooms were ready. I got the impression that he did not even want to be there talking with us. It seemed as if he didn't even make an effort to help us. This really set my traveling partner off and was the beginning of what ended up being the most horrific hotel stay ever. The swimming pool was freezing with leaves in it and looked to be unsanitary, the breakfast was completely generic, and there never seemed to be any management around to speak with about it. The hotel is understaffed and should be condemned. This will be the last time I stay at any Wyndham Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Tnespy
StGeorgeWingate, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2010

I have read your review and see that your stay at the Wingate wasn't up to par. The pool is heated to 82 degrees year round. We did have a wind storm that blew in some leafs but they were cleaned out the following afternoon. We do everything in our power to have rooms ready at 3 pm but due to sold out nights and specific room types needed sometimes they may be a little late on be ready at exactly 3 pm. Our breakfast is right up there with the other hotels in the market. We don't have made to order Breakfast but it is included in the price and has most of the necessities. Steve is our Manager at the Front Desk. As you can see with the other reviews on this page we have pleased most guest here at the hotel. We apologize for the experience you had here at the hotel and hope one day you will be back at a Wyndham hotel. Have a great week!