“nice property”

Wingate by Wyndham St. George
Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Great vibe, breakfast was good and service was great. The outside noise from the hallway is tough though, the doors are loud and room not insulated from outside hall noise

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
4356739608, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for your nice comments about the hotel and service. I apologize about the noise from the doors. Please come and see us again!

Mark Stoddard

Write a ReviewReviews (1,396)

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Made an unexpected trip to St. George for a funeral - Reservation desk was great and found a room for a reasonable price. Staff was excellent to work with on a late checkout - which was very much appreciated. Room was clean - staff friendly and asked several times if there was anything I needed.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again, hopefully under different circumstances next time :-)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
4356739608, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving your comments. I am sorry for your loss. We would love to have you stay with us again under more happy circumstances.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The hotel was clean and well maintained. The location was in a group of other buildings and the entrance was not readily obvious when we tried to find the property. Once we snaked through the parking lot to get to hotel it was nicely situated and quiet. The only major gripe was at the breakfast when it took 15 minutes for the attendant to replenish the hot foods. This happened twice so my breakfast took about 30 minutes to complete, most of that time waiting for more hot food after the locusts struck.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
4356739608, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving your comments. I am so sorry about having to wait for your breakfast. I have already shared your comments with our breakfast supervisor and we are resolving this issue. You should never have to wait 30 minutes for your food. Again, thank you for your feed back.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were disappointed to find there was no shampoo or soap in the room We have always found it before.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

You should have been disappointed. I apologize that we overlooked that when preparing your room for arrival. It is our standard to provide these amenities in every room. Thank you for leaving your feedback.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

After a long road trip to Yellowstone, this was our last hotel before we hit home. We saved the best for last! The kids loved the pool and jacuzzi and I loved the fitness center. We didn't want to leave. Breakfast buffet was great as well.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

I'm glad you were able to stay with us on your way home. Thank you for your business and for leaving your kind comments. Please come and see us again in the future.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had reserved a two queen room and received a king with a fold out bed. The front office stated that sometimes that is how it works and only offered another if another person checking in would be ok with a king bed. It is a consuming thing to move 4 people to another room but we would have done it. She said they were full and had been booked for a while yet my brother just reserved 2 rooms with 2 beds a couple of days before. My reservation was completed 3 weeks before. My daughter had a room reserved and it was not ready by 2:00 so they were given another room yet someone was still in it. Miraculously
their room became immediately available. Our family booked 5 rooms for the weekend with one being a suite and I felt a little let down. I don't think I will be staying at a Wingate in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

I am so sorry for the experience you had checking in at our hotel. If you had reserved your room in advance we should have held that room type for you. I am not able to explain why we did not fulfil your room request but I am looking in to it with my management team. Travelling with family should be a relaxing experience. Our goal is to make your trip easier. I apologize that we did the opposite. Please contact me directly if you would be willing to give our hotel another chance and I can assure you that you will not meet the same difficulties. We would love the opportunity to win your business back. Thank you for leaving your feedback so that we can improve. I am using your comments to help better train my front desk staff.

435-673-9608
mark@wingatestgeorge.com

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was an awesome stay. The lady at the front desk reminded me of the 4X points offer going on for the summer and put in my rewards number and made sure I received the maximum points for this stay!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for being a Wyndham Rewards member. Please come see us again next time you are in St. George.