Wingate by Wyndham St. George
Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My wife and I are allergic to dust mites. We have found that many hotel rooms look clean but actually harbor allergens in the carpet and bedding. This hotel is different, perhaps only because it is very new. We had no allergies here. Even in a new building, keeping the dust mites at bay requires hard work on the part of the housekeeping staff. I commend them for a job well done.

Beyond being super clean, I to agree with everything in the review by "03rcode". It is a very nice drive from here to Zion, and the Walmart is handy.

The pool and spa are clean and comfortable too.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BreakheartWalker7
4356739608, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments. I am so glad to hear that you did not have any allergy issues in your room. We strive to have the cleanest rooms possible. I will let my housekeeping staff know that their efforts are being noticed. Please come see us again when you return to St. George.

Mark Stoddard

Write a ReviewReviews (1,396)

Reviewed September 18, 2011

We had been staying at other hotels around the area, and recently discovered this amazing, clean, modern hotel. The best part about the hotel is soap dispensers in the shower.Wow! I feel like I'm staying in a luxurious hotel for the price of a chain!!! I feel more than comfortable being bald in this hotel. The General manager was just the right amount of friendly, and not at all aloof. Plus, did I mention there's a free breakfast? With fresh waffles? I love taking my family there, it's more than accommodating. The rooms are big and I can easily fit, without being creative, my four small children in one room. I love that it's really clean and I don't cringe when my kids eat off anything. Plus I prefer more modern hotels and this, for the price is amazing. I've stayed in hotels all over the world and this is one of my favorites for the price. Plus the A/C works great without being too noisy.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank joesgirl1234
Reviewed September 7, 2011

The rooms were clean, the AC was cold and the continental breakfast was acceptable. The bagels were however cardboard like...obviously frozen or something. The walmart is in walking distance and its open 24 hours too. We loaded up on water and snacks to hit the parks. Zion is about and hour away from here so it wasn't too far. I enjoy driving so it worked out for us. Bryce was about 2.5 hour drive through Zion.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Needed a last-minute place to say in St. George and found the Wingate on Hotwire on my iPad in the car. It had a 100% recommendation rating, 3 stars and a great price so we went with it. Would have been happy at full price. We travel frequently but had never stayed at a Wingate so we were unsure of what to expect. Property is about 2 years old, clean and in immaculate condition. (we are very particular about cleanliness). Stay was great from start to finish. It is south of town in a newer area near Bloomington, surrounded by retail and residential; safe and quiet. Staff was friendly, helpful and professional. Complimentary breakfast was good and included hot items. Breakfast area was spacious and had an outdoor patio option as well. Some reviewers have criticized the pool location but we thought it was perfect. It gets sun during the day but in the afternoon when St. George is a furnace it is nicely shaded. Complimentary USA Today newspaper. Room was spacious and spotless. Decor is excellent with muted tones and a nice contemporary feel. Bathroom clean and roomy. Toiletries were free of irritants and toxic ingredients - THANK YOU! Complimentary high-speed internet worked great. Nice business center. Cons: Bed was a little too firm for me but realize we all all different when it comes to that. Surprised and disappointed by no luggage stands. People travel with luggage so rooms should have 2. When in St. George again this is where we will stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ietsgotravel
4356739608, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your nice comments on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed our hotel. Especially since you booked your room 'on the fly.' I hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in the St. George area.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed here for a couple of nights while conducting business in SG. It was very comfortable and clean with a good breakfast. Easy freeway access. It is worth the extra few dollars over a tired older hotel. No complaints.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank RSinSG
4356739608, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on our hotel with Trip Advisor. We appreciate your kind comments. We hope that you will choose us again next time you are in St. George for business or for leisure.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

Clean hotel, right off the highway. Walking distance to excellent pizza joint, Wendy's, Dickie's and WalMart. Fridge and microwave in room are convenient. Rooms are clean. Pool area was small, but big enough for us. Shaded in the afternoon which made it nice to not have to worry about sunscreen while the kids played. Management and staff for friendly and helpful. We stayed as part of a softball tournament closer to Snow Canyon. This wasn't the closest hotel to the complex, but the 10 minute drive was easy and we enjoyed the scenery along the way.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MJFULTON
4356739608, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham St. George, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts about your stay with us! I am so glad that your stay was a good one. Our staff works hard to make sure that everyone has a great experience at our hotel and we love to see positive response. We hope you will come and see us again for the next tournament, we love teams!

Reviewed July 13, 2011

We stayed at this hotel as part of a Tuacahn theatre package. It was very clean, we stayed in a king suite, with a separate living room which was great for the kids to sleep in. The pool area is fairly small with a lot of shade. Great location close to the freeway exit, Walmart is next door.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite for only a couple more dollars a night!