“What took us so long?”
Review of Seven Wives Inn

Seven Wives Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 St. George B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I'd first heard about the Seven Wives Inn 14 years ago, and even though I travel to St. George frequently I'd never visited because I didn't consider myself a bed-&-breakfast person. If you don't, trust me when I say the Seven Wives Inn is different.

We stayed in the Ada cottage, which is detached from the rest of the property. It's the only room that accommodates pets, and it sits back from the street and is ultra-quiet. Just a little ambient noise, that's all. The cottage is clearly somewhere in its second century, but everything inside is modern. Bathroom is spacious, Wi-Fi is fast, and there's also a microwave and a mini-fridge. Vanessa, the innkeeper, acts as though she's been waiting her whole life to take care of you. Also, the Inn is a couple of blocks from the heart of downtown St. George. I can't say enough about this place.

Room Tip: (The Ada cottage is detached and thus probably the quietest room. It's also the only one that ta...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gregmc12

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Vanessa was so nice to take time to visit with us & answer all of our questions about St George.
We stayed in Lucinda, which was clean & comfy, but right next to the kitchen . My husband thought it was a little noisey while they were preparing breakfast, I barely heard anything, and what I did hear did not bother me at all.
The breakfast was great, with separate tables.
Great location for walking around quaint little St George!
Nice, clean small pool.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank skyblue420
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I have stayed at Seven Wives Inn several times and I have never been disappointed. It is such a beautiful historic home and each room is decorated beautifully. I've stayed in many of the different rooms and have always felt more than comfortable. Of course my favorite part is the breakfast and it has always been delicious! Another one of my favorite things about Seven Wives Inn is its location in the Historic District of St. George which is perfect because there are a ton of restaurants and things to do with in walking distance. I would recommend Seven Wives Inn to anyone it is definitely a great value, beautiful rooms, delicious breakfast, great location and the nicest inn keepers!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kaitlin F
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Seven wives is an old historic home, actually it's 2 homes, in the quiet back streets of downtown St. George. The rooms are historic, but the comfort is not! Each morning we had an incredible breakfast and the staff was as pleasant as can be! Even though we stayed in the smallest room we were comfortable and had room to spread out! We would most definitely stay here again. I would only like a little thicker towel if I had to change a thing!!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We have stayed at the "Seven Wives" on many occasions and we continue to return because we enjoy our stay so much!
Breakfast is always a delight, my personal favorite is the "Baked Oatmeal" which has never disappointed - then there are several delicious egg dishes and most recently we tried the "Cream Cheese Stuffed Croissant French Toast with Raspberry Sauce" need I say more? Breakfast is always as pleasing to the eye as it is to the taste buds!
Vanessa and her staff provide great service and hospitality, and yet we always get the privacy we are appreciate!
Another great plus, the bed's are so comfortable - you just sink into them - not something you find often when away from home!
The "Seven Wives" is our home away from home when we visit the beautiful St. George area!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I stayed here the first night of my Bryce/Zion trip with Austin Lehman Adventures. Every room is decorated with a different theme but all are equally great. One room even has an old Model-T Ford with a hot tub in the back! The Inn has a very cozy feel but has not been updated for awhile to keep the historic feel. The owner makes an amazing fresh breakfast in the morning and is one of the most pleasant people I've ever met. Her ancestor actually had seven wives! The Inn is a great location. It is in a very quiet, pretty neighborhood but is also within walking distance to a lot of great places, including the Painted Pony restaurant!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 28, 2011

To start off, I am really not a big fan of b&b's, but my friends picked the place and wanted to have a nice weekend away - Hubby and I were up for the experience. The ratings on ta convinced me that we would have a good experience which we did. Overall, we had a nice stay... Nothing exceptional, but nice. Positives: Good location, clean rooms and nice fire pit outside, really good breakfast. negatives: walls were way too thin, no evening wine or cookies or cheese... ( I kinda thought this was standard in all b&b's), no coffee during the day - the book in the room says that coffee is available, but when we asked she said " I don't make coffee, you can get that in the morning" huh? Part of the charm of most B&B's is the personalized customer service so this was a turn off for us. My friends apologized that this stay was not up to their preferences either, so I feel that my review is not biased on the fact that I don't love B&B's... Just confirms lack of zeal fr them. When they are really good, they are great, when they are not, there are soooo many better places to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple