“The Perfect Location for your Stay in St. George!”
Review of Seven Wives Inn

Seven Wives Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 St. George B&B and Inns
Andover, United Kingdom
“The Perfect Location for your Stay in St. George!”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I stayed at the Seven Wives Inn for 5 nights to coincide with the Ironman event being held in the City. My criteria was straight forward. Find a reasonably priced, quiet and clean hotel or B&B close to the centre of the town. What I found was way beyond my expectations.

The location is in the old part of town within a very quiet and pristine area. The Inn is very close to all amenities within St George and for any would-be Ironman competitor it offers the perfect location. Only a couple of blocks from the finish line and within easy reach of the expo centre and Route 15 for the swim start.

But you don't need to be an Ironman athlete to stay here. I would say that anyone considering staying in St George must give the Seven Wives Inn a look. The accommodation is set within either of two beautiful 19th Century properties and has a very homely feel about the place. All rooms are individually styled and offer very comfortable surroundings. I stayed in the 'Eliza' room and had a really comfortable bed and slept really well in the lead up to my race - which is vital. The accommodation has free wi-fi which was rock solid and has everything you'd expect from a quality B&B.

But what sets this accommodation apart, is not it's comfortable surroundings; or it's great breakfast and coffee; or even the fabulous location. What sets it apart is the service from the Inn keepers. They cannot do enough for you to make your stay as comfortable as possible and it was the little touches that made the difference. Things like adjusting their breakfast menu to accommodate for my vegetarian taste and getting up at 4am to put on coffee and breakfast for the Ironman athletes on race day! Now that's dedicated service for you!

This is the first time I have ever written a review for a hotel or B&B, but I just had to go public to say how grateful I am for the service I received and to spread the word about this marvellous establishment.

A great little B&B - and not just for Ironmen!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank peterewis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Clinton U
Reviewed April 15, 2011

We loved the service and especially the breakfast in the morning. Just had an all around great time in the BB.

Room Tip: Any of the room would be great
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2011

On a whim, me and my girlfriend decided to visit St. George. We chose Seven Wives based on the reviews we read, and we couldn't have been happier with our decision! The house is immaculate and the staff is incredibly warm and accommodating. I would HIGHLY recommend staying ar Seven Wives Inn!

• Stayed February 2011
salt lake city, Utah, USA
Reviewed February 16, 2011

We stayed at Seven Wives for a short winter getaway of mountain biking. It was a wonderful stay. In the room we found dining recomendations and the interesting history of the inn. We slept well each night in the comfortable bed. The inn was also very quiet unlike most hotels/ motels (No stomping, running, screaming kids at 10pm). The food was very good. My husband had a generously sized yogurt parfait with granola and fruit. It also came with fresh fruit on the side, bacon and toast. He is a big eater and found that it was enough. I had an omellette one day and the next, a strata type dish with chives (it was very yummy), both with fruit, toast and bacon. The coffee was very good also (you can't get coffee this good in a hotel or most breakfast cafes). We spoke to Vanessa (I think) at breakfast one morning and found that she is very friendly and is also very knowledgable about the area. We were very pleased we chose to stay at the inn as we almost chose a motel. Seven Wives was a great choice and a much higher value than a hotel/motel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I have stayed at The Seven Wives twice over the last couple of years. It has everything a perfect b&b needs to have - a very well preserved historical building in the good and quet neighborhood, close to restaurants/shopping district, tastefully designed in a vintage style, with spacious and clean rooms. Great breakfast (the breakfast alone is a good reason to stay there), very good service, fast internet. Vanessa (the owner/keeper) does a great job. I will be happy to stay there again and I definitely recommend it, especially if you are in a romantic trip.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Towaco, NJ
Reviewed November 23, 2010

We stayed at the Seven Wives Inn for 5 nights. The location is perfect as it is near many local restaurants with many only 2 or 3 blocks away. The level of service was first class with delicious breakfasts being served every day. We stay at quite a few B & B's throughout the year and this was was the first time we ever had a choice of 3 menu choices for breakfast which was a very nice touch. Our room (Lucinda) was large with a comfortable sitting area. The room was clean with no problems whatsoever. Vanessa is very pleasant to deal with and is very knowledgeable about local eateries & attractions. We will definitely stay here again when in the St. George area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We stayed in the cottage and our granddaughter and husband in a room. The accommodations are very good and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family