I stayed at the Seven Wives Inn for 5 nights to coincide with the Ironman event being held in the City. My criteria was straight forward. Find a reasonably priced, quiet and clean hotel or B&B close to the centre of the town. What I found was way beyond my expectations.
The location is in the old part of town within a very quiet and pristine area. The Inn is very close to all amenities within St George and for any would-be Ironman competitor it offers the perfect location. Only a couple of blocks from the finish line and within easy reach of the expo centre and Route 15 for the swim start.
But you don't need to be an Ironman athlete to stay here. I would say that anyone considering staying in St George must give the Seven Wives Inn a look. The accommodation is set within either of two beautiful 19th Century properties and has a very homely feel about the place. All rooms are individually styled and offer very comfortable surroundings. I stayed in the 'Eliza' room and had a really comfortable bed and slept really well in the lead up to my race - which is vital. The accommodation has free wi-fi which was rock solid and has everything you'd expect from a quality B&B.
But what sets this accommodation apart, is not it's comfortable surroundings; or it's great breakfast and coffee; or even the fabulous location. What sets it apart is the service from the Inn keepers. They cannot do enough for you to make your stay as comfortable as possible and it was the little touches that made the difference. Things like adjusting their breakfast menu to accommodate for my vegetarian taste and getting up at 4am to put on coffee and breakfast for the Ironman athletes on race day! Now that's dedicated service for you!
This is the first time I have ever written a review for a hotel or B&B, but I just had to go public to say how grateful I am for the service I received and to spread the word about this marvellous establishment.
A great little B&B - and not just for Ironmen!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seven Wives Inn is a professional establishment perfect for all travelers. Located in downtown St. George, the Inn consists of two large Victorian homes and a private cottage containing 13 different guest rooms. All rooms offer private baths, Cable TV, Gilchrist & Soames toiletries & a full gourmet breakfast. Wi-Fi available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Seven Wives Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seven Wives Hotel St. George
- 7 Wives Inn
- Seven Wives Inn St. George, Utah