WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Nebraska City, Nebraska
“Clean older motor lodge in great town with pool”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I tried to book this hotel same day and had many intial issues with what appeared to be the local hotel number direct. I was unalble to understabd the people on the phone they kept telling me I had called a economy hotel ?? ? ? ? Got very frustrated and tried to book on chain website, could not log in and other problems. I finally called on the phone. They set me up and verified where I was going and the phone number. They kept asking if I had pets on the phone and when we arrived. I do nopt know what the deal was with pets ? but it was annoying...Another guest did bring their do so I guess this was allowed and maybe if you had pets they put you in crappy rooms or something. The lobby was rennovated looking. Outside facilty appeared fresh. Rooms average get you by for ovenight motor traveling or maybe a few days, the city was nice with familar commerce. Get you by breakfast, if you want more there are nearby dennys etc. My only problenms were with phoning in and the online reservation system. Was accomodated with accessable room and was near pool. Was impressed by appearance but again this was an average premier propertry 1960 ? Would return but would appreciate better phone customer service and communication ! Anonther guest at the pool had numerous issues, extra pillows, room issues, door cards etc

Room Tip: Drive up most rooms motor lodge, some rooms in the west bay you park behind, and rooms are 1 and 2nd...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tim H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I only just recently stayed at Econo Lodge, with so many choices of motels, I usually try to stay at Best Western. My experience in this place only seals why I choose BWs. I was unable to park my motorcycle in front of my room and had to instead park along the pool fencing. I was able to see it from my room, but it was less than convenient unloading. My key de-magnetized twice and I was locked out, meaning i had to return to the office twice and have it reset.

This is a relatively nice inside dumpy outside sort of place. The bed was one of the BEST I've slept in, ever! The linens were nice and the room clean, but the outside of the place was sort of run down and seedy looking and the pavement was really in need of some work.

The breakfast was not tended, or maybe someone was taken aside for another job, but I got there fairly early and it was a MESS, food everywhere, all the tables messy and dirty. Kids were helping themselves using their hands. It was pretty gross. I grabbed a hard boiled egg and called it good.

The restaurant in the front was absolutely brilliant. They served sushi at a reasonable price and it was excellent! That was the best thing about the motel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank demenshea
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

It is apparent that this property is going through (hopefully) a remodel and property upgrade. What is shocking is to see the professional pictures posted on TripAdvisor and then to actual show up and see the horrible condition of the property. The right thing for the owners to do would be to indicate on their profile that they are undergoing construction improvements.
This property is basic and no one should expect four star quality, however, there are some things that even a basic property should have to offer. First here are the good things I can say about our one-night stay; the bed was reasonably comfortable and the heater did warm the room....that's it. Here are the things I observed that can easily and will hopefully be fixed with the remodel:
1. The room climate control device was only slightly more quiet than a jet taking off. It is obviously in need of repair given the noises it emitted throughout the night, waking me more than once.
2. The lighting both in the parking lot and in the rooms is extremely low wattage and quite frankly, dingy.
3. The staff were relegated to using one of the motel rooms as an office because the construction crew "knocked out the power" to the lobby. Really? The lobby seemed really well lit for a room with no power. Also, I could hardly hear the receptionist speak over her jet engine air conditioning device in the room/office. Some training of better customer service skills might be in order.

This was a last minute stopover place; but given the number of similarly priced competitors available on St. George Blvd., I doubt we will stay here again, unless the improvements outweigh the disappointments.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jabmoore

Travelers are raving about these St. George hotels

bristol UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Had to change rooms because the heater in the first room was so ineffective. There was no breakfast either.......and they advertise that there are. On the plus side it is cheap! You get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jaammy
Radium Hot Springs, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

very outdated but cheap and good location. room was not very clean. spend a bit more and upgrade to a better hotel. have stayed in other econo lodges and found the same. 200 required characters is too much to ask when review can be done with 50.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I stayed here over a long weekend for the St. George marathon and had a good experience. We had originally booked the king suite via the advanced stay rate (not modifiable), then realized we needed an extra night and had to make a separate reservation for a different room type. They were extremely flexible with us at check-in and allowed us to blend the reservations and keep the suite for a small upgrade fee for the last day.

We're pretty low maintenance and found the room to be adequate for our needs. There was a refrigerator and microwave, along with a kitchen space and small living area. As I was participating in the marathon, this was beneficial to have a place to store cold drinks and room to spread my stuff out. The hot tub & pool also gave me a nice place to pass out for 4 hours after the race was over!

Very convenient location as well. It's located right on the main drag, with some restaurant options in walking distance - not to mention walking distance to the bus loading area for the marathon. Sometimes this can mean traffic noise at night, but I never found this to be an issue.

Would definitely recommend this place, particularly for future St. George marathoners.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pknight212
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I didn't expect much by the price I paid for the room, it had a tv, fridge, microwave, etc. But the room was very old and dirty. The walls and carpets had gaps and there were bugs on floor and in bathroom (woke up to a VERY large nasty cricket in our tub. The sheets gave my DD a rash on her face. It was ok for what we needed, but it was nasty and I don't think I'll be back. Also wish I would have known that an entire wall of all rooms was a sliding glass door, didn't care for that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family