Read the mixed reviews and I can see now why they were. On the surface, this Fairfield Inn seems pretty OK. And they do some things pretty well. The beds looked so inviting with cozy duvets and lots of squishy pillows. But sleeping on the hard mattresses was a different story. The room seemed clean, but the phone was grimy; there was a curler under our heater; the bathroom was not quite sparkling. The "free" local phone service, which we tried to access, never did work. And, in agreement with another writer, the TV was small and in an inconvenient place in the room. And yes, the bathroom fan does sound like a 747 about to land. We stayed 2 nights. After the maid service on day 2, the beds were merely pulled up - sheets not even smoothed and not changed. The pillows were just tossed somewhat into place. I could have done a better job myself. And, also after that "service", the towels in the bathroom were placed on the back of the toilet, rather than hung, and I don't think the bathroom was serviced at all. Just towel replacement.
And this hotel suffers from what many do - the ever-banging room doors. Can't anyone figure out how to make them close without slamming? And of course, no one around us made any attempt to soften the slam.
Big foot was staying above us..or..maybe not...perhaps the floors were so thin that every step could be heard by us below.
The staff at the front desk were friendly enough, but again, did not look professional, wearing sweatshirts. I would think Marriott would require better than that.
The breakfast was nice and nicely put out, and kept full the 2 times I partook. There was a good variety of cereals, sweets, waffles, egg sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, coffee and juices.
Free high-speed internet worked well.
Proximity to the convention center was convenient.
So, this place is just so-so. We got a pretty good price. But, with all the other places to stay in St. George, I would probably not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott offers clean comfortable rooms and excellent customer service. Great features such as deluxe continental breakfast, free high-speed internet, outdoor pool/spa/fitness center are just some of the reasons why guests choose Fairfield Inn. Earn points towards airline tickets, nights stay at a Marriott and other prizes when you sign up for Marriott rewards program. Nearby: Dixie College, LDS Temple, Lake Powell and Quail Creek State Park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Agoda, Hotel.de, Reservation Counter and HRS so you can book your Fairfield Inn St. George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn St. George Hotel St. George
- Fairfield St. George
- St. George Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn St. George Utah