Before I discovered more than 50 bites on me (some in not so easy to scratch places) the day after staying at this Inn and having a physician confirm bed bugs....I thought bed bugs were a myth attached to some silly nighttime rhyme.
I notified the hotel to make them aware. This event caused severe psychosis, and I was convinced one of the bugs had come home with me. Eventually, I had to puchase mattress covers as part of my mental therapy, and I asked Marriott to reimburse me for that expense (which was less than my hotel stay). They would not respond. After several letters, calls, and faxes, I finally got a reply that I waited too long to notify them (which wasn't true at all, they just wouldn't respond). They also said that now they were hiring a pest control service....which also didn't help me, the fact I was feasted upon, nor that I suffered emotionally from this experience and incurred an additional expense that was a direct result of my stay at the St George Marriott.
The itchy bites lasted over 3 weeks! I was a mental wreck for nearly a year, and the rude and apathetic manner in which I was treated by Marriott at all levels of their company is truly unbelievable. I will never stay at another Marriott anywhere. I've been in much nicer hotels/motels in the same price range. Whether or not their bed bugs are dead (or you're sleeping in toxic levels of pesticide), I would not recommend this location if for no other reason than they really don't give a hoot about their customers. I've never had such poor customer service from any business anywhere....the Salt Lake, Nebraska, and internet customer service centers all refused to reply.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott offers clean comfortable rooms and excellent customer service. Great features such as deluxe continental breakfast, free high-speed internet, outdoor pool/spa/fitness center are just some of the reasons why guests choose Fairfield Inn. Earn points towards airline tickets, nights stay at a Marriott and other prizes when you sign up for Marriott rewards program. Nearby: Dixie College, LDS Temple, Lake Powell and Quail Creek State Park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fairfield Inn St. George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn St. George Hotel St. George
- Fairfield St. George
- St. George Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn St. George Utah