“Bed Bugs!!”

Fairfield Inn St. George
Ranked #23 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed March 5, 2009

Before I discovered more than 50 bites on me (some in not so easy to scratch places) the day after staying at this Inn and having a physician confirm bed bugs....I thought bed bugs were a myth attached to some silly nighttime rhyme.

I notified the hotel to make them aware. This event caused severe psychosis, and I was convinced one of the bugs had come home with me. Eventually, I had to puchase mattress covers as part of my mental therapy, and I asked Marriott to reimburse me for that expense (which was less than my hotel stay). They would not respond. After several letters, calls, and faxes, I finally got a reply that I waited too long to notify them (which wasn't true at all, they just wouldn't respond). They also said that now they were hiring a pest control service....which also didn't help me, the fact I was feasted upon, nor that I suffered emotionally from this experience and incurred an additional expense that was a direct result of my stay at the St George Marriott.

The itchy bites lasted over 3 weeks! I was a mental wreck for nearly a year, and the rude and apathetic manner in which I was treated by Marriott at all levels of their company is truly unbelievable. I will never stay at another Marriott anywhere. I've been in much nicer hotels/motels in the same price range. Whether or not their bed bugs are dead (or you're sleeping in toxic levels of pesticide), I would not recommend this location if for no other reason than they really don't give a hoot about their customers. I've never had such poor customer service from any business anywhere....the Salt Lake, Nebraska, and internet customer service centers all refused to reply.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank AntiMarriott
SafariSales, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn St. George, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2010

We have no record of this particular stay are our hotel. We are very meticulous about creating a paper trail for everything that happens at our hotel, whether it be positive or negative. Bed bugs would certainly qualify as an event requiring detailed documentation. We would have expense reports for hiring a pest control company, including and incident report from the guest. We would also have detailed records of the room being "Out of Order" including why it was put out of order, and for how long. We have quality inspections on a regular basis as well and have no record of any problems or reports of bed bugs for that entire year, especially for the dates this particularly disgruntled guest claimed to stay at our hotel. This review is inaccurate. As you can see in our other reviews, we have a wonderful property. We assure all who choose to stay with us that we provide all of our guests with an exceptionally clean and comfortable stay created within a professional and friendly atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn St. George

Reviewed December 23, 2008

My company has a contract with Marriott properties. I have stayed at three of the proprties in St. George. The Fairfield is the most budget minded. On our way back from a quick trip to Las Vegas, my family had two rooms. The price for both room was easily under $200.00. I was very satisfied with our over night stay. I want to try the new restaurant next door. This hotel is also close to the Convention Center.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank mark d
Reviewed November 1, 2008

This Fairfield Inn has been recently updated, and looks good. Rooms are well cared for.

Staff do a nice job in all service areas, including the breakfast (standard Fairfield food!)

Location is right on a freeway, so it's pretty easy to get around this beautiful area.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2008

Every year my girlfriends and I plan a golf get-a-away, we love staying at the Fairfield Inn. They offer a great golf package which includes a discount on our room! The staff is extra nice and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The breakfast is very filling which we enjoy because it saves us money for shopping while on our trip. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through St. George or going on vacation. It is located right off the highway which makes it very convenient.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2008

This was my first stay in a Fairfield Inn (I'm a big Marriott fan), as there weren't any alternative Marriotts available on the single night I wanted.

The hotel was a motel really - but, clean, easy parking, well maintained rooms and right next to the freeway (and well advertised to help you find it). I think that it has everything you'd expect for the price range it is in.

Breakfast was busy but we still found space - though the choice was a little limited compared to a full service hotel - but much better than the few other American motels I have stayed in. It had a hot sandwich choice (microwaved) or some cereals/sweetcakes/toast. The hotel seemed to be popular amongst senior citizens, which I know will attract some and not others - but does lead to a polite level of conversation. The pool looked small but ok - we didn't visit as it was too late when we arrived.

For food in the evening we went to the Players Sports Grill just next to the hotel, which was recommended by the hotel staff. That was very nice and I'd recommend to anyone looking for an easy bite to eat - great service and very tasty food (though not entirely cheap) and the portions seemed small for American standards - having said that my steak was one of the best I've ever had.

Staff were friendly enough and polite, though I'd expect that as I'm a Marriott Platinum member so that comes with certain expectations. I was also impressed with their restaurant choice, and knowledge of the local area when we were asking questions to choose our meal for the evening.

Would I stay again - I don't think I'll stay at a Fairfield Inn in the future as I think that it isn't quite what I'd normally expect from a hotel, but, if you normally enjoy staying in motels then this is definitely a step up and a good quality motel!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2008

They have renovated since last year when we came. The girls at the desk are very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. We enjoy the breakfast waffles a lot. The room was comfortable and very clean. The hotel does not have as many amenities as a full service MArriott, but for the price it was a great value. It is near th ehighway so we can get around St. George, an dwe can walk across the street to the convention center for my conference.
we come every year.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn at St Goerge UT. and this had been the first time that I had used this hotel chain, I had found that the room was ok and the hotel its self was just fine, but tha staff lacked any respect for the customers, I was taking part in the morning meal that the hotel provide for the guest, when I bit in to a moldy Jimmy Dean breakfest sandwich,I reported it to the satff but they didnt do any thing. When I was ask by the staff at check out I told them the stay was alright up to the part about the moldy food, then thats when the girl who could not had been much older than 22 started to laugh at me, and didnt stop, I didnt think it was funny at the time I bit into the sandwich nor at check out. Beware of this hotel, I have three combat patches and I'm sure theres alot more poeple out there other than me that has paid there dues and dont need to be treated like this.
Good luck