This was my first stay in a Fairfield Inn (I'm a big Marriott fan), as there weren't any alternative Marriotts available on the single night I wanted.
The hotel was a motel really - but, clean, easy parking, well maintained rooms and right next to the freeway (and well advertised to help you find it). I think that it has everything you'd expect for the price range it is in.
Breakfast was busy but we still found space - though the choice was a little limited compared to a full service hotel - but much better than the few other American motels I have stayed in. It had a hot sandwich choice (microwaved) or some cereals/sweetcakes/toast. The hotel seemed to be popular amongst senior citizens, which I know will attract some and not others - but does lead to a polite level of conversation. The pool looked small but ok - we didn't visit as it was too late when we arrived.
For food in the evening we went to the Players Sports Grill just next to the hotel, which was recommended by the hotel staff. That was very nice and I'd recommend to anyone looking for an easy bite to eat - great service and very tasty food (though not entirely cheap) and the portions seemed small for American standards - having said that my steak was one of the best I've ever had.
Staff were friendly enough and polite, though I'd expect that as I'm a Marriott Platinum member so that comes with certain expectations. I was also impressed with their restaurant choice, and knowledge of the local area when we were asking questions to choose our meal for the evening.
Would I stay again - I don't think I'll stay at a Fairfield Inn in the future as I think that it isn't quite what I'd normally expect from a hotel, but, if you normally enjoy staying in motels then this is definitely a step up and a good quality motel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott offers clean comfortable rooms and excellent customer service. Great features such as deluxe continental breakfast, free high-speed internet, outdoor pool/spa/fitness center are just some of the reasons why guests choose Fairfield Inn. Earn points towards airline tickets, nights stay at a Marriott and other prizes when you sign up for Marriott rewards program. Nearby: Dixie College, LDS Temple, Lake Powell and Quail Creek State Park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Fairfield Inn St. George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn St. George Hotel St. George
- Fairfield St. George
- St. George Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn St. George Utah