“Great motel - but don't expect it to be a hotel”

Fairfield Inn St. George
Ranked #23 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed October 11, 2008

This was my first stay in a Fairfield Inn (I'm a big Marriott fan), as there weren't any alternative Marriotts available on the single night I wanted.

The hotel was a motel really - but, clean, easy parking, well maintained rooms and right next to the freeway (and well advertised to help you find it). I think that it has everything you'd expect for the price range it is in.

Breakfast was busy but we still found space - though the choice was a little limited compared to a full service hotel - but much better than the few other American motels I have stayed in. It had a hot sandwich choice (microwaved) or some cereals/sweetcakes/toast. The hotel seemed to be popular amongst senior citizens, which I know will attract some and not others - but does lead to a polite level of conversation. The pool looked small but ok - we didn't visit as it was too late when we arrived.

For food in the evening we went to the Players Sports Grill just next to the hotel, which was recommended by the hotel staff. That was very nice and I'd recommend to anyone looking for an easy bite to eat - great service and very tasty food (though not entirely cheap) and the portions seemed small for American standards - having said that my steak was one of the best I've ever had.

Staff were friendly enough and polite, though I'd expect that as I'm a Marriott Platinum member so that comes with certain expectations. I was also impressed with their restaurant choice, and knowledge of the local area when we were asking questions to choose our meal for the evening.

Would I stay again - I don't think I'll stay at a Fairfield Inn in the future as I think that it isn't quite what I'd normally expect from a hotel, but, if you normally enjoy staying in motels then this is definitely a step up and a good quality motel!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn St. George

Reviewed October 10, 2008

They have renovated since last year when we came. The girls at the desk are very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. We enjoy the breakfast waffles a lot. The room was comfortable and very clean. The hotel does not have as many amenities as a full service MArriott, but for the price it was a great value. It is near th ehighway so we can get around St. George, an dwe can walk across the street to the convention center for my conference.
we come every year.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn at St Goerge UT. and this had been the first time that I had used this hotel chain, I had found that the room was ok and the hotel its self was just fine, but tha staff lacked any respect for the customers, I was taking part in the morning meal that the hotel provide for the guest, when I bit in to a moldy Jimmy Dean breakfest sandwich,I reported it to the satff but they didnt do any thing. When I was ask by the staff at check out I told them the stay was alright up to the part about the moldy food, then thats when the girl who could not had been much older than 22 started to laugh at me, and didnt stop, I didnt think it was funny at the time I bit into the sandwich nor at check out. Beware of this hotel, I have three combat patches and I'm sure theres alot more poeple out there other than me that has paid there dues and dont need to be treated like this.
Good luck

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2008

I try stay at Marriott's when i have the choice, and have been to high end Marriott Resorts and average hotels and this one is well maintained, good condition, and convenient, nothing fancy, just a nice clean place to stay for a night, would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Texblues
Reviewed February 6, 2007

Read the mixed reviews and I can see now why they were. On the surface, this Fairfield Inn seems pretty OK. And they do some things pretty well. The beds looked so inviting with cozy duvets and lots of squishy pillows. But sleeping on the hard mattresses was a different story. The room seemed clean, but the phone was grimy; there was a curler under our heater; the bathroom was not quite sparkling. The "free" local phone service, which we tried to access, never did work. And, in agreement with another writer, the TV was small and in an inconvenient place in the room. And yes, the bathroom fan does sound like a 747 about to land. We stayed 2 nights. After the maid service on day 2, the beds were merely pulled up - sheets not even smoothed and not changed. The pillows were just tossed somewhat into place. I could have done a better job myself. And, also after that "service", the towels in the bathroom were placed on the back of the toilet, rather than hung, and I don't think the bathroom was serviced at all. Just towel replacement.

And this hotel suffers from what many do - the ever-banging room doors. Can't anyone figure out how to make them close without slamming? And of course, no one around us made any attempt to soften the slam.

Big foot was staying above us..or..maybe not...perhaps the floors were so thin that every step could be heard by us below.

The staff at the front desk were friendly enough, but again, did not look professional, wearing sweatshirts. I would think Marriott would require better than that.

The breakfast was nice and nicely put out, and kept full the 2 times I partook. There was a good variety of cereals, sweets, waffles, egg sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, coffee and juices.

Free high-speed internet worked well.

Proximity to the convention center was convenient.

So, this place is just so-so. We got a pretty good price. But, with all the other places to stay in St. George, I would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank Splanky
Reviewed December 4, 2006

I've stayed in a lot of Fairfield Inns and this one is one of the best. It was very clean in all the areas from the parking lot to the lobby. Our room was very comfortable and the continental breakfast was fantastic. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank sandarella
Reviewed March 31, 2006

The bed and the pillows were very uncomfortable. The bathroom fan sounded like a jet engine and the bedside lamp didn't work. The TV was really small. Very low toilets. The breakfast in the morning was ok. Average selection but the OJ was sludgy.

• Stayed: March 2006