“Fairfield Doesn't Deliver”

Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Toledo, Ohio
“Fairfield Doesn't Deliver”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have stayed at a number of Fairfield Inns with mostly good experiences. I have to say that the staff at this one was less than stellar. One of the reasons I made the reservation in the morning of the day of my stay, was to use the hot tub after 500 miles of driving. When I arrived, I found the hot tub to be about 80 degrees. When I brought it up to the staff, they said they didn't know anything about it. In speaking with a different staff member later, I was informed that the hot tub had been broken for days and they should get someone to look at it, but hadn't yet. I should have been informed when I specifically asked about the hot tub, upon making the reservation that same day, that it was inoperative. I contacted Marriott online about the problem that evening and promptly received an email response that, as I was currently staying in the hotel, a manager would contact me to resolve the issue. As of checkout, no staff contacted me. The hostess in the breakfast area was surly and several items, such as waffle batter and breakfast sandwiches, were out of stock. After waiting 15 minutes, I gave up and went out to eat. I will select a different hotel in St. George in the future.

Room Tip: When staying on the ground floor rooms, one can hear footsteps from the room above.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rasharra_Solarix
FFI_SG_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn St. George, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to advise us of your recent experience at Fairfield Inn, St. George. I was pleased that you selected our hotel for your accommodations during your visit. However, I was very concerned to learn the problems you had with the staff and the hot tub. I will speak with all the staff that you came in contact with about the importance of relaying important hotel information. It was the morning that you made your reservation that the heater went out completely. The pool maintenance company was contacted immediately and came right away. It is those unfortunate situations where we have to order parts before we can finish fixing the problem. Also, we always recommend making your reservation with the property directly especially when coming for one thing in particular.

Please accept my sincere apology for the difficulties you encountered. There is no excuse for such a lapse in service to have occurred.

It is by receiving comments such as yours that we are assisted in identifying products, services and individuals that require immediate attention. Your comments are very important and we truly appreciate you taking the time to contact customer care and Trip Advisor.

Sincerely

MaKenzie Stubbs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Foothill Ranch, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed overnight recently on a trip from California to Colorado. (Zion National park is about a half hour drive away)
The hotel appears new, is very clean and quiet.
St George was very warm but the rooms AC handled it nicely

No complaints whatsoever

Room Tip: top floor for the quietest experience.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dan G
Durants Neck, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

For a cookie cutter hotel this was very nice with comfortable beds and pillows. Rooms were larger than other similar chain hotels, and we did not have to trip over our luggage. Bathroom was larger than most. The only distracting item is the hotel seemed to be full of kids the 2 nights we were there so we could not enjoy the pool, but I can get over that. The morning breakfast was typical of the other chains. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a higher room on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank trflyer
Thousand Oaks, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed here twice within the past two weeks because we were on a road trip with our dog. Very nice hotel with some nice grass areas around for dogs to do their thing. Steve at front desk was especially nice, would definitely stay there again when passing through.

Room Tip: Ask for room 100 or 128 if you have a dog, on first floor near the exits... so not to disturbe folks...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
elizabeth, colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

First I want to mention that I have stayed in rooms all over the world. The Fairfield Inn was excellent for the price. I am not sure why some of the reviewers knock this hotel down (other than they don't travel enough), but it was clean, everything was immaculate and the service was outstanding. I stayed here 3 nights and I have no complaints. My room was clean, the beds were comfy, the breakfast was adequate with biscuits, waffles, cereals, yogurts, bagels etc., and the pool was nice in the evening to relax. Great tip: If you sign up for the marriott card and you are also a AAA member they will knock off an additional $10 off your stay. Give the Fairfield a stay...for under $90 this beats any hotel in in St George!

Room Tip: As always, I ask for a room away from the elevator and on the opposite side of the highway...this wa...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank asmile2day
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Walked in expecting a better than average room considering it's a Marriott, but found the room below average. Ok on cleanliness, though I would not go barefoot, plus the pillows are about 10 years old & towels are paper thin. Sucked.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liz C
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Great hotel and wonderful staff. We had the king with a couch and the room was huge. There was a microwave and refrigerator. TV even had HD so we could watch sports. Good, free buffet breakfast with waffles and biscuit sandwiches. Comfortable bed. Location next to a sports bar and very close to other restaurants. Nice pool area. Wonderful staff.

Room Tip: all rooms are good. Pay the few dollars more and get the room with the couch. Well worth the extra...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple