Fairfield Inn St. George
Ranked #24 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights. It was great for our family. The rooms are a little small but not bad. The breakfast was good. Everything was new and clean. The pool was clean and we had it to ourselves most of the time. The pool is on the west side of the hotel so when its not so warm its perfect because you get non stop sun in the warmest part of the day.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jillerjo

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I re-read my review from 2007 and I have to say, I enjoyed my visit at this Fairfield this time around! We stayed her primarily due to the proximity to the convention center across the street. We've been staying at the Garden Inn for the past few years for this convention, but decided to bring along our little dog this year, and the Fairfield is pet friendly...for a $30 fee.

The bed felt more comfortable this go-round...maybe replaced? The room was very clean upon arrival and the maid service was far better than last time with the bed neatly maid, pillows nicely placed, towels neatly hung.

The doors are still noisy, and the bathroom fan still sounds like a 747. This time, we noticed that flushing the toilet sounded like a 747 as well!! Some kind of power flusher inside the tank! It was pretty scary!! The heating/AC unit is noisier than I prefer, but did not bother my husband. Actually, the room was warm enough that after a bit, we opened the window a crack and turned the unit off completely.

Breakfast was the same, though over-run by a high school group (some in bare feet! Please chaperones! Train the kids better than that!!)

The front desk people and service people were all very helpful and pleasant.

Good internet in the room (free) and a nice flat screen TV.

That they are pet friendly is great. And they must disinfect the room because our dog never once even sniffed at the floor or furniture as if another dog had been in the room! There are plastic bags outside in order to scoop the poop, and a handy trash can for it too. Nice pet touches.

We had a good stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the front of the hotel, away from the highway.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Splanky
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This hotel is easy to find and surprisingly quiet for being next to the freeway. All of the staff were very friendly and eager to help with anything we needed. Room was comfortable and clean, and included breakfast was sufficient to start the day.
The hot tub was one of the best we've encountered!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jkiel
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Kudos to Steve at the front desk; he was helpful at answering several questions, and suggesting good eats in the area. I thought this place was great the first of my three day stay, but I had not visited the breakfast room. I have never had to wait in a line to get into a breakfast room. There was not a place to sit, not even in the lobby. I realize that it was UEA weekend, but that breakfast experience was a bit ridiculous. The work out room was incredibly small and odorous. The two little little extras I enjoy at my frequent hotel stays: a decent workout room and breakfast were not met.

Room Tip: The microwave and fridge are convenient. Ask for a king room because they arel out quickly and you...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank peacefulperfection
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Nice property that is very clean and has a friendly staff. The room is a bit small so travelers with children might prefer somewhere else. The tub / shower needs a mat to avoid sliping.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My family and I stayed here for one night. If you don't get a king bed, then your room will have two double beds. Double beds are smaller than queen beds. This worked out ok for our family, until our two year old woke up in the middle of the night and needed to sleep with me and my wife. The bed was a bit crowded with the three of us. Our two boys did just fine in the double bed they shared. Breakfast was alright and gave us a good start to the day. The pool and hot tub area was fun. The room included a fridge and microwave. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We got last minute tickets to Tuachan on Labor Day weekend and thought we would have to spend alot of money for a hotel. I got on priceline.com and scored!! This hotel was nice and right off the freeway exit. Staff was very, very nice. The breakfast was very good--lots of choices. We really enjoyed staying at the Fairfield.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple