“great location”
Review of Ramada St George

Ramada St George
Ranked #16 of 42 Hotels in St. George

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Worn out, old linens. Not enough breakfast servicers. They don't provide individual milk cartons, they keep two empty pitchers for milk. The room size doesn't accommodate the size of the breakfast crowd, so be ready for chaos. Worst breakfast experience at a hotel we've stayed at in years, have up and went across the street to the village inn.

• Stayed February 2014
Utah
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We have stayed here several times over the years. The cleanliness has steadily declined each time. It almost has a grimy feel to it. We picked it for its location, but will have to find a new place now. My husband had gotten some mud on his shoes and accidentally tracked it in the room and bathroom. We picked up the bigger pieces of mud, but housekeeping did not vacuum the room or sweep the bathroom during our 3 day/2 night stay. When a note was left for housekeeping on our desk asking for an extra blanket, the note was taken but we never did see another blanket. The breakfast was okay, but the worker was clearly under the weather and kept coughing all while attending to the food. Some serious deep cleaning is needed as well as some updating. Please fix your property up...your location cannot be beat in St. George.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Sandy, Utah
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel about 10 years ago and it was quite nice. Different owners gave it more TLC, seemed more concerned about cleanliness, and kept things well maintained. Here are some things I noticed. Behind the night table there was trash. Behind the fridge, there was trash including a knife. The wallpaper is peeling badly in the bathroom. There are not enough outlets in the room nor are there power strips. Thank goodness I bring my own. The bed was OK, but the pillows were like a rock. I woke up with a stiff neck. Some of the TV channels were really fuzzy. the internet was fine, if not a little slow. The shower worked well, but to get hot water, I had to turn the dial all the way and it was still not really hot. The breakfast was fine. I miss the amenities of Choice properties. Speaking of which, for a similar price, I suggest the Clarion Suites or the Best Western Travelers Inn.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms allow pets.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
STGRamadaInn, Manager at Ramada St George, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Ramada St. George. I'm happy to hear that you found a number of things satisfactory with our property. We work hard to provide our guests with the best experience possible.

I am very sorry you found trash hiding in your room. I'll speak to our housekeepers and make sure they remember to check behind and under furniture to avoid this issue in the future. It is not the hotel's owners who aren't concerned with cleanliness; in fact, they often work harder than any of the housekeepers to clean and maintain the hotel and prepare rooms for guests. Unfortunately, that drive and passion isn't teachable.

I'm surprised the Internet was slow, as we subscribe to a super fast high-speed Internet service through the biggest cable/Internet provider in the region. But since the internet company also provides our hotel's cable TV service, and you experienced broadcast fuzziness, it seems they may have been having service technical difficulties. I'm sorry that happened while you were staying with us.

The number of electrical outlets is, by today's standards, a little sparse. Unfortunately, when the hotel was built there were no cellphones, tablets, laptops, gaming consoles, etc. to consider and the number of outlets was sufficient. To add more outlets would require extensive remodeling and rewiring, which is simply not feasible at the moment. However, I will suggest that we look into providing a power strip in every room to alleviate this problem. In the meantime, we do have a number of power strips available at the front desk for guest use (just stop by and ask for one).

I noticed the tip you posted that "[You] think all the rooms allow pets." Just to avoid confusion with other guests reading this, the Ramada St. George is a pet-friendly hotel. However, we have 8 specific rooms designated as "pet rooms," and there is a fine for having a pet in any other room. If you're traveling with a pet, please be sure to call the front desk ahead of time to reserve a pet-friendly room (as availability is limited). Service animals, of course, are welcome in any of our rooms.