New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Ramada St. George Utah” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada St George

Ramada St George
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in St. George

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was shocked when I opened the door of my room and saw that it was old and shabby and looked nothing like the pictures I saw online. But, I was too tired to care, I just wanted a good night's sleep. However, I didn't get any sleep because of the night time construction happening on the nearby freeway overpass. It was so loud and close that it shook the building and rattled the windows all night long. Even the fan turned on high could not cancel out the back up beeping of the heavy machines. I realize that the hotel likely has no control over the construction, but if you're stay here is in the near future, beware!

Along with the beeping outside, the smoke alarm in our room starting beeping at 2:00 am, and beeped every 30 seconds for the rest of the night because it had no battery.

On the positive side, the mattress was really comfortable, but there was no way to get any sleep with all the noise inside and out. There are so many better options in St. George, I suggest booking somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank c b
STGRamadaInn, Manager at Ramada St George, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
I'm very sorry you had a restless night, even though you found the beds to be comfortable. Like you said, we had no control over the St. George Boulevard construction, which has inconvenienced us all (especially the Hampton Inn which is right next to the freeway). I can imagine the equipment would have made sleep difficult if you were in a room facing the west. Thankfully, the construction is done and the efforts have proven to make traffic on the boulevard much better.

I understand your frustration with the smoke detector alarm beeping due to a dead battery. Our front desk is staffed 24/7, and I'm sure the night auditor would have gladly changed the battery had he been made aware of the situation. Unfortunately, there's no way to know in advance when a battery will die, so they must be replaced when they start beeping (which often happens in the middle of the night).

I hope you'll come back now that the construction is done (and the smoke detector battery is replaced) and give us another try.
Pocatello
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We did not have breakfast there as there was a tour group occupying most of the dining area - that was not the hotel's problem. not a problem for us. We just chose to go the restaurant across the street

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy our breakfast. Our tour groups do tend to overrun the breakfast room, as they all come down at once to eat before getting on the bus. Most of the time the tour groups leave the hotel by 7 or 8 in the morning, so the best time to enjoy a peaceful breakfast is between 8 and 10 on days we have tour groups in-house (which also gives you an extra hour to sleep in). I hope you'll be able to come back and enjoy our breakfast next time you're in town. I'm happy to see that everything else during your stay went well.
Taylorsville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Due to our usual room not being available, this was not as positive an experience as we are used to.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

I'm sorry this trip didn't meet your expectations. While we try our best to accommodate special room requests, it's not always possible. However, I'm confused, because we have a note in our computer that there are two rooms (141 or 142) that you'd prefer to be in, and this stay you were in a room that you've requested and stayed in since 2007. So, I'm not sure what you mean by "your usual room not being available." As far as I can tell, you did receive your usual room. If that is incorrect, I do apologize, and I hope you'll clarify which room is your favorite for future stays.

We appreciate your continued stays with us, and hope to see you next time.