“Excellent hotel with good amenities”

TownePlace Suites St. George
Ranked #22 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is a good place to stop to wipe away the dust and refresh the muscles after a visit to Zion National Park. The swimming pool and the large Jacuzzi are in a perfect setting. The laundry room with free detergent is a plus. Breakfast is more than adequate.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Love staying here...have made 2 trips and plan to go back. Love the pool and location for shopping, restaurants, the outlets, etc. Great service...great breakfast in the AM. Usually get the 2-bedroom suite so we have plenty of room to spread out. Great for kids and families...feels very clean and safe. Also a bonus...they allow dogs which is nice if you have one you want to bring along.

Room Tip: Love the 2-bedroom suites
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We checked in to find that a couple of student sports team were also staying. All night long students were up and down hallways yelling and laughing. This was at 3:30am . People going to and from the pool spa all hours. sounded like a pretty good party happening all night. Next morning I suggested that maybe the hotel book the students on the 1st floor instead of spread allover the 3 floors. Manager didn't seem to care!!
Will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Bernie B
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel at 1am - and was not greeted extremely warmly. However upon checkout the staff was wonderful. The breakfast was nice - we especially enjoyed the make your own oatmeal and yogurt parfaits. The kitchenette was a little small... More like a hall but the space is very functional and would be great for a business traveler.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank dawn g
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Driving from Washington State to Arizona in January can be a stressful experience. The TownePlace suites provides a great rest on our journey. The location is convenient, the rooms are spacious and clean and the staff is very friendly.
I especially enjoy the pool hot tub area outside...very scenic.

Room Tip: Not sure there are any bad ones.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We booked our rooms for 4 nights on Hotel.com. Great service, until we arrived at the hotel. I had a few questions about where to eat, but I had to wait while the desk clerk was on the phone.."OMG no way....." conversation. Finally gave up. That night was the worst night of sleep I have ever had. Friends of our stayed in Motel 6 said their bed was more comfortable than ours. (More than half the price per night). I discussed it with the morning desk clerk and his comment blew me away.. "Wow you must have a very expensive bed at home." Great customer service! Put the blame on me? My wife and I were so sore and had such severe headaches from our great night sleep we were limited on what we were able to do. Nice way to spend nearly $800. Only one person said they were sorry, if we wanted to try another room we could but all the beds were about the same. At least she offered and tried. When we checked out there was a $100 pet charge on our bill, except we did not have a pet. I asked for it to be removed and was told I would have to wait a few days until the asst manager could reverse the charges. That was upsetting, he should have had the authority to make it right before we left. It wasn't our fault for their mistake and to ask us to trust them they will take care of it later doesn't work. I know my customers would never accept that. In the end the Asst manager did call and clear it up, he was very nice about it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ron B
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have stayed in a ton of hotels this year, and this property is above and beyond - my favorite. The hotel is new, modern-looking and has more amenities than higher-priced hotels I've stayed in.

The rooms feature kitchens with microwaves, full-size refrigerators and stove-tops (unheard of, unless you're in a condo/resort). Rooms have ample seating and workspace, in addition to the kitchen and sleeping area - and there is plenty of storage (cabinets) for your stuff. My only complaint was the awkward placement of the closet - inside the bathroom and blocked by the door when it's open.

The beds are beyond comfortable - and I have a bad back, so that's not a statement I make very often.

The hallways are bright and clean; common areas are well kept and nicely decorated. The fitness area is large and offers an elliptical, treadmills and free weights in a bright - and somewhat hidden - corner of the hotel. (I hate working out in front of other guests passing through the hallways, so this was perfect for people like me.)

The parking lot is well-lit and large enough to accommodate guests' cars. The grounds are landscaped beautifully - and the outdoor pool/hottub area is very nice - built into the side of the adjacent hill.

I can't say enough about this fresh-looking property. I wish all of my hotel stays were so wonderful!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business