“Excellent!”

Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Bend, Oregon
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stayed here one night on our way to Cali. Comfortable, clean, great kitchenette. Roomier than the Courtyard next door. Good layout (we stayed in a king suite). Yummy free breakfast. Restaurants within walking distance for other meals. Friendly staff. Liked that they had a doggie area since it's desert with thorns elsewhere. We skipped the $100 pet fee by kenneling the dog in our van overnight. Fortunately, weather was cool enough for that, and our stay was short, or we would have been less than thrilled. I wish all Marriott properties were just like this one!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Idaho Falls, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

I'll start with the "bad":

1st- They messed up the charges with the room that tied up nearly $400 in the bank account of the person I was staying with. She couldn't access the money till the morning when the manager came in to fix the issue. Leading to some unexpected stress when trying to get some late night grub. Oh well, not really the hotel's fault more just an employee who was confused. We got over it and they were nice about it. Although, no one did more than say sorry.

2nd- So small of a complaint, but there was massive cockroach in our second level room. I'm not used to those at all! It was so gross!

3rd- The maids always came around 11am when I was still getting ready to leave the room for the afternoon. Our room was only tidied up once during our 5 day stay because of that. I know they have shifts but I'm not going to stop my leisurely 10am-11am shower/dress time to cater to the maids who can come at noon or later! I always made sure to keep the "do not disturb" sign off my door when I was gone from 1pm-5:30 or later every day I stayed there. Once again, not the biggest issue at all. I wouldn't think any of these complaints would prevent someone from staying here.

4th- The complimentary breakfast wasn't that great. I've had better. The only fresh fruit was apple and bananas. One morning there was not any cream cheese for the bagels and the muffins are sort of weird. Whatever, it is free just don't expect too much.

LAST NITPICK! Our bathroom door was warped! You had to slam it to shut it!

GOOD:
The pool was very nice. I barely saw children under 14 around the pool or even the hotel once or twice. I think the extended stay suites keeps more business people/singles in the hotel than vacationing families. It was really nice to go to the pool multiple times without seeing a single person.

The room was extremely stylish and accommodating. The galley kitchen was convenient and modern. The TV was oddly placed if you wanted to sit on the couch but it had nice HD channels. The bed was comfy and large. The desk was huge with an extra roll out desk underneath. The bathroom counter was a little smaller than most hotels I've stayed at.

All in all, my nitpicks were probably just hiccups in this one trip, not common for the hotel in general. I would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: I don't think I'd want a main floor facing the parking lot. Seems like car lights beam in th...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

My husband and I have two kids, ages 13 & 15. We were in town for my grandfathers funeral and needed a home base for 3 nights. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel for a few different reasons.

It's location is ideal. For us personally, it was close to family. But it's also close to shopping (Target, Gap, Outlet stores, etc) and restaurants. It's also close to the freeway.

We got the two bedroom with full kitchen. It was plenty of space as my husband and I had the king bed in one room, my son had the queen bed in the second room, and my daughter slept on the pullout couch.

The pool area is nicer than most hotels. It has a bbq with outdoor dining tables. We especially enjoyed the spa. It was BIG and round and relaxing.

The breakfast that was offered was subpar. If you're not keen on eating fast foods or eating out much, this hotel is close to Harmons (local grocery store) which happens to have a great selection of foods, especially cheese. Up the road a few minutes is a small Whole Foods like store called Natural Grocers (624 W Telegraph St. in Washington) Cook the food at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

We have stayed at many Residence Inns and TownePlace Suites. Even though TPS is considered a level below the Residence Inns, this TPS could be equal. It is new, less than four years old, and the rooms are beautiful with granite counters, stainless steel appliances and lovely furniture, lamps etc. The pool and area is beautiful, nestled within a grove of palm trees and completely secluded from the parking lot and front of the building. Most TPS have average breakfasts or what they call "grab and go" which is a portable breakfast. This is the only TPS I have stayed at where they have home made oatmeal with the appropriate fixings, fresh fruit, hot chocolate, etc. The building exterior is stunning with red rock, similar to the mountains , on the facade.
Dave was the staff member at reception when we arrived and he was welcoming, informative, and efficient. He kept asking the next day if everything was ok, which it certainly was, and how we were enjoying our stay. He certainly sounded sincere.
This place is first rate and immaculately clean with well stocked dishes, containers, and pots and pans as well.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Anaheim, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

Wow, I was suprised at the comfort and cleanliness of the property.
The Staff ( for the most part ) were friendly.
The rooms have kitchens that are very family & user friendly.
The pool and hot tub were clean and in working order.
I arrived very late and was given the handicapped room. No complaints with the room, it was overall comfortable, clean and exactly what I expected from a Marriott property.

What I did not like ( and why I did not give an "excellent" rating) was:
1) the housekeeping staff yelling messages down the hall. It was after 10 am, I was awake, but still it is unprofessional.
2) Hotel staff were allowed to eat breakfast with guests, when the grounds keepers came in to the breakfast buffet area they were like a heard of elephants, good bye quiet, hello loud & noisy! what upset me the most was the fact that they used swear and curse words, in spanish, in front of families with children. Again, unprofessional for a Marriott property.

However, my stay was comfortable and I would return, with the hope that management will correct the issues noted above.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
South Jordan, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed in town for Valentines Day but wanted to do something special. We stayed at the TownePlace Suites in St. George. The rooms were very clean, the service was exceptional, as you would expect from a Marriott property. I would recommend this property to someone who wants a good environment without all the frills and fancy stuff you get at the larger properties. Great customer service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Centennial, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

We are here right now, actually...just a one night stopover on our road trip from Denver to Anaheim. We arrived late after a LONG day of driving, and the front desk clerk was so friendly and helpful! We are Marriott Gold elite and she gave us a complimentary upgrade from a studio suite to a 2 bedroom suite...which was a NICE surprise considering it was a reward stay. I will say that while the two bedroom suite is nice, and certainly roomy enough for our family of four, it only has one bathroom, which we thought was odd...typically 2 b/r suites have 2 bathrooms. The bedrooms are small, but the beds are roomy and very comfortable. The suite was in good condition, and had 3 flat screen TV's. The only disappointment was breakfast...stale bread products, and not a huge selection. But, for just one night, it was not an issue. I would stay here for a one or two night stopover if I needed a 2 bedroom suite, but probably would not consider it for a longer stay due to there only being on bathroom (which doesn't work well for our family with two teens). But overall, it was a very good experience. :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family