“Very Good Hotel”

Ranked #22 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Very Good Hotel”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We travelled to St George as we did not want to stay in Las Vegas. It was a very easy drive but we were delighted when we arrived at TownePlace Suites in St George. It is very quietly placed whilst being near to all amenities and restaurants. We also stayed our last night before driving back to Las Vegas airport.
We enjoyed the usual Marriot cleanliness and facilities which we have come to rely on whilst touring the USA. Our king size bed was very comfortable with nice linen. Pleanty of towels were available too.
We enjoyed a peaceful night's sleep and did not hear anyone else.
It was nice to have a kitchen area, not large but big enough to make a snack and with a dishwasher, we didn't have to wash up either.

Wi-fi easily accessed

Staff were extremely pleasant and helpful.

I am writing this review after touring Colorado, Utah and Arizona so have comparisons easily to mind for the other 14 hotels where we stayed during our tour. It is for this reason that I marked this hotel as a 4 star as I have marked them down on breakfast compared to others we were offered on our journey. It was perfectly adequate but not as good many others.

However we will be staying again next year when we fly to Las Vegas. A great modern and clean hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
NYC
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Layout was fine, room okay clean, price to much and no mirror anywhere in the room except bathroom. This created a challenge when two people are getting ready in the morning. I used my compact mirror - poor planning on Marriot's part.

Would not stay here again if in the St. George area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Easy access to freeway, yet we heard no traffic noise. The room was very clean and comfortable as well as spacious. It's nice to have a small kitchenette (burner, refrigerator, microwave, counter & well-stocked cabinets.) Free WiFi worked great, breakfast was decent: yogurt, granola, fruit, pastries, toast, oatmeal, biscuits & gravy. Staff was friendly & helpful. Really couldn't have asked for more!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We have stayed in TownePlace Suites St. George only one night during our trip to US. I never stayed in TownePlace property before, but that was really nice surprise. Hotel was modern, clean and with great, useful amenities.
First nice impression was at the time of checking-in. Professional, helpful and nice staff was ready to provide me some extra information about the area and our next day destination. Check-in was quick and efficient and then we could go to our room... Our perfect, large in size and absolutely comfortable room. I just loved that. I wish to have all hotels like that.
I have booked room with 1 King Bed and here it was. I didn't expect that much extra space there and fully equipped kitchen and other amenities. I was able to make some laundry downstairs and then relax in the gym.
Bathroom was again very pleasant experience. Clean and fresh. Selection of towels and toiletries provided.
Next time visiting this area that would be my first choice to stay. Actually, I would be looking for any TownePlace Suites to stay there. Well done and I hope to see you soon.

Room Tip: I'm sure all of them are just perfect!
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Holland, Ohio
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The hotel was clean, staff was friendly but I heard every footstep in the room above me and every word from the rooms around me. I would not recommend is sleep is a priority.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Marshall, Minnesota
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We chose to stay here as our "base camp" while on our family vacation to see the Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, and other attractions in the area. We wanted a place to stay with a kitchen and good sleeping arrangements and we were not disappointed. The room was great and the grounds were kept in great condition. We loved the courtyard area with the grill, swimming pool, and hot tub. The breakfast could have used a little more variety but met our needs. The staff was very helpful and seem interested in making our stay there a positive one. If we are back in the area we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Woodbine, MD
Reviewed August 6, 2011

The hotel was very clean! We stayed in a studio suite with 2 queen beds. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was really small. The kitchen had everything one would need. It had a quirky large closet that could be accessed on two sides, it would have been nice to have a light in the closet. The pool area was great. A good sized pool and seperate hot tub. A grill for guests. A few more umbrellas were needed. The hotel staff was exceptional, always willilng to take time to thoroughly answer questions. Bonus was the guest laundry at a reasonable cost. Biggest complaint of the TownePlace chain is the lack of breakfast selections. However, I guess the folks at the Courtyard Marriott next door liked it 'cause they were eating here! TownePlace is close to I-15, stores and restaurants. Nice gateway to the National Parks.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family