“Huge, clean rooms”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George
Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I often stay in La Quinta and found this to be one of the best, if not the best. Room was huge. We had a king bed on one side and a nice living room in the space where a 2nd bed would be if the room had 2 beds. Space had couch, coffee table, study, 2 sitting chairs, ... All very nice. Room also had a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker, all in great working order. TV was on the wall on a swivel so could be viewed from bed or couch. Hotel has laundry facilities, something I used for this trip. There were facilities on each floor - very convenient instead of having to go to a central location. Could charge washer and dryer to room which was nicer than having to get quarters. I shipped a box to the hotel prior to my arrival. The front desk was very courteous about receiving that box and helping to get the box to my room. If coming from the north, getting to the hotel is complicated by 2 of the most convoluted round-abouts I have ever driven. Messed them up on the first try. Other than the round-abouts, the hotel is conveniently located south of town, just off I-15. Not walking distance to the main part of St. George but an easy drive into town. Staff were very nice. Could not have asked for friendly or more helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Wow Shelly E. thank you so much! I am so glad you shared your experience and so happy that you had an enjoyable and a positive expereince while staying with us. From your description of your room, I thought you were descrining the two room suite. I imagine how much more delighted you would be with that room. I would like to offer you a free upgrade during your next visit so that you may enjoy that room and it's larger space and amenities. I love my staff and I love that they were so kind, friendly and helpful to you. Your satisfaction is our top priority. We will always do everything possible to merit the trust and confidence you have placed in La Quinta. Please call the hotel and ask for me directly so we can book your next stay and apply your upgrade! I am confident you will be pleased! Thank you for being our guest, we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

it was a busy weekend; appreciated call from staff confirming reservations. At the last minute, friends of ours needed to bring their dog. This hotel is pet friendly at no extra charge. There were several guests that had their dogs and overall everything was clean and smelled fresh. Hotel grounds and interior were immaculate. Kids appreciated hotel shuttle to ironman race start. Trail system is close to hotel so easy to go out biking, running, etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

BuddyBrew, thank you for being our guests and for such rave reiews and feedback! It was my pleasure to open breakfast for the athletes and guests early as well as provide the shuttle service. All of the guests I transported to the event shuttle were extremely pleasant and very inspiring. Your satisfaction is important to us and to see that we have met and/or exceeded your expectation has placed a huge impact on us to keep doing what we are doing and still do better. We hope to welcome you back for next year's triathalon, or sooner for some of the great Summer fun Southern Utah has to offer. Thank you once again for being our guests, we appreciate you and your family staying with us. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed at La Quinta for 2 days and we had the family suite. It was HUGE and was plenty big enough for myself, my sister, my mom and my 1 year old son. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was huge and included a giant shower and huge tub, plus plenty of extra room. The breakfast was also awesome and the staff in the breakfast room were super nice. We didn't have dogs, but there were quite a few dogs around and I only heard a dog bark once luckily. The people with dogs were so nice to let my son pet them. We requested a crib and there was a crib waiting for us when we arrived around 10pm. The entire hotel was nice and clean and the pool area was nice as well, although we didn't get to swim because of bad weather. I would say the only negative of this place would be the location. It is a short drive to get to the main area of St. George, which wasn't a big deal for us.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Hello Superwoman_1986, thank you for such great reviews and your high recommendation!! This truly means a lot to us to know we have exceeded your expectations and ensured a satisfactory stay for you and your family. Your positive experience is important to us and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

A very convenient location and the hotel was very clean, had a great staff . The room as very large lot and comfortable and very quiet. Had a great outdoor space for our dog. The breakfast spread was very good, had a lot of choices for all. This hotel has a little class for an affordable price, we always stay here when we are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Hi Marsha E., Thank you for being our guest. I am so glad you and your pet enjoyed our hotel, amenities and service. I personally enjoy our location for the trails we are near and the quiet location. We appreicate your loyalty to us and we will always do whatever it takes to make each and every expereince a positive one. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for sharing your experience wth us and other travelers.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and well maintained. Very spacious. Our pet was welcomed without charge which is a bonus for us. Location was somewhat obscure however this was a bonus in the end because it was so quiet.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Hello Keith S, thank you for being our guest, we appreicate your choice in allowing us to serve you and host your accommodations. Your time taken to share your experience is highly valued and appreciated. I agree that while our location is not exactly near the center of town, we do offer a more quiet experience and I also love the fact that we are directly near a walking/biking trail with a couple of directional varieties. You and your pet are always welcome here, we hope to welcome you back again soon. We will always do everything possble to merit the trust you have placed in La Quinta.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

This La Quinta was less expensive than the Hampton Inn just down the street and was within a mile of several good restaurants. Cracker Barrel was about two blocks away. When I called on my cell phone to check on availability I was given a price of $109 total (AAA rate) but when we got there to check in I was given a total price of $115. I think the young women I spoke with on the phone was new as when we got there, another women seemed to answer all our questions when the first women couldn't. I feel this women needed better training and diffidently better skills when working with the public. The room was nice with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom lighting wasn't very bright although I guess that's a personal preference. This La Quinta only offered shampoo and soap. No hair conditioner or lotion. Breakfast was pretty ordinary but they did serve up some chopped fruit which was a nice touch. The packaged biscuits where in a warming oven but they were hard and cold as if they hadn't been out of the freezer very long. The best part of this La Quinta were the comfortable beds.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Bloom65, thank you for your feedback and for being our guest. We do have some new staff on desk and I have full confidence in their ability, knowledge and skills that with time and patience, they can and will shine as our brightest stars. I am sorry for the confusion regarding your rate, it appears the difference in rate was that your AAA rate was quoted on the phone but not calculated at check in. Im unsure if because the reservation was not booked at the time of your quote or was accidently defaulted at check in. Either way, we want to be sure you had your AAA rate. Please call us and we can verify you had the correct rate. I am glad you enjoyed the accommodations and we hope you will visit with us again.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I usually stay at more "upscale" hotel chains but we were on a road trip with our dog and the La Quinta was one of the few places I found that allowed dogs. I was very pleasantly surprised and found the rooms quite clean, well appointed, and comfortable. The grounds were very nice with an outdoor sitting area. I did not use the pool or eat breakfast, so can't speak to those. But I am a light sleeper and found the bed comfortable and the hotel reasonably quiet. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. If I was in St. George again I would definitely stay here and this experience has made me more likely to give La Quinta hotels a chance in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the restaurant/pool side are quieter. Also, the first floor rooms are designated for...