“Awesome”

Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Victorville, California
“Awesome”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The hotel is very nice and clean. The manager greeted us at check in and she welcomed us at breakfast. Her staff is very professional and the property is well maintained. Don't forget they are pet friendly.

• Stayed February 2014
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Hello,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to hear you were satisfied with your stay. We hope to welcome you (and your pet) back again in the near future. Thank you for being our guest, we will always to whatever it takes to merit and maintain the trust and loyalty you have placed in La Quinta.

Mercy Wright

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I like staying in La Quinta's as we usually travel with our dog, and they are a step above most chains. This one did not disappoint. The place seems a little tricky to get to, and it is next to a truck service yard, but rooms on the back (where we were) were quiet. Although we were next to an exit, the door did not disturb us. What gave us problems were the card keys, despite several replacements, they continued to deny us entry until about the fourth try, and I stay in lots of motels with card keys that don't give me problems. They did find, after we left, that the battery was weak in the lock mechanism. Anyway, the room was spotless and well appointed, the breakfast was better than most LQ's, and the staff were pleasant, especially the young woman that checked us into the room. Ah, yes, and the wifi worked well.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back of the hotel to avoid freeway and truck noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank moosedreams
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for being our guests! I am absolutely happy to hear you enjoyed your stay (amidst the key lock inconvenience) and would plan to return. Your satisfaction is our top priority and we will do everything possible to merit the trust and confidence you have placed in us. I appreciate your time taken to share your experience and recommendations for other guests and to readers considering staying with us for the first time. It would be wonderful to welcome you back should your travels bring you to St. George. Thank you once again for being our guest! :)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Our hotel experience was perfect!! The room was just lovely; the beds were so comfy. The fitness room has everything you need for a good workout. And the staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for being our guest. It was our pleasure to serve you and we were deligjted to have you with us. I appreciate your feedback regarding your positive experience. It is our priority that every guest experience is a positive experience and we will always to everything possible to merit the trust and loyalty you have placed in us. Once again, thank you for being our guests. We look forward to welcoming you again at your next visit. Please call us if we may be of any service.
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed here while traveling with my 6 year old daughter and cat. Staff was friendly and awesome! I have never stayed at La Quintas before but after staying in 3 on my way from Southern California to Illinois, they are now my favorite hotel. Great staff. Breakfast. And pet friendly. :-)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Hello, thank you for your feedback, and most importantly, for being our guests! It is wonderful to hear about your positive experience while our guests. Your satisfaction is our top priority. We understand you had a choice of accommodation options and I thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you again should your travels bring you to St. George.
Montrose, Colorado
Reviewed February 3, 2014

After spending a month in St. George in a vacation rental house with our cat, my husband and I had to delay returning home by one day because of winter storms to the north and east. We booked a suite in this hotel only because it was the only pet friendly hotel in town. We were pleasantly surprised. It's newer and very clean. As a previous reviewer said, it's tricky getting to the hotel from the north, and it would really help if management put out a sign showing what street to turn on to get to the hotel. The only things we didn't like were the inability to adjust the thermostats (the bedroom was perpetually cold) and the hotel's adamant refusal to let us check in until exactly 3 p.m. Since we had to be out of our vacation rental by 11 a.m., we were forced to drive around town for four hours with a very nervous cat who hates riding in cars. It would have been nice if management had been a bit more flexible. A bonus, however, is that the hotel is just steps away from a path leading to the Mayor's Loop and Virgin River urban trails.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank FrequentGuest444
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Hello, thank you for sharing your experience while visiting us. I appreciate your time taken to provide feedback. Mostly, thank you for being our guests!
I am glad you had an enjoyable experience while with us however, I am sad to hear there was room for improvement and I am eager to make necessary changes. Allow me to explain. The town is in control of the signage and while they placed a smaller sign outside the traffic circle just past the gas station, we placed the only sign allowed on opposite side of the city's sign at the turn to get to our hotel in hopes that would be of directional assistance. I hope that helped. Our thermostats are set to read the current temperature and once set, heat or cool up to the requested temperature. If it is not reached once set, we would be happy to step in to repair the thermostat or the unit itself. The weekend of your stay, we experienced a high volume of turnover rooms and needed to get rooms cleaned as early as possible by three for check in. It would have been possible to check you in sooner than three so i will work closely with my desk staff to make necessary communications to accommodate your needs for an early check in should your travels bring you back to St. George. We do make every effort to help guests as best possible even in time constraints. We do this because some times rooms are not available by room type or cleaning availability and to maintain fair availability for arriving guests. I hope you were able to settle in nicely once you were checked into your room.
We hope you will visit with us again soon. Thank you once again for being our guests, it was a pleasure to have you here with us. We look forward to the opprtunity to welcome you back!
Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My wife and I are retired and take road trips often so we're experienced travelers. La Quinta has always been a favorite place to stay for us, and the La Quinta in St George didn't disappoint. It's a newer and attractive inn and both the facility and our room were very clean. Our room was large and the king size bed was comfortable. As someone else mentioned it's a bit interesting getting to, especially coming from the north, and beware of the roundabouts coming and going from the freeway. There's a Pilot Travel Center truck stop right next door and I would not recommend entering a roundabout with an 18 wheeler as we saw the right front fender of a new car flattened by a trailer. Thankfully no one was injured. Also, if you stay on the south end of the building, as we did, you'll hear and occasional Jake Brake. I would ask the city to put up a "No Compression Brake" sign on 2670 South Street... if possible. Excellent stay, great staff, we'll be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank gmdob47
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for being our guest, I am really excited to hear you had an enjoyable and positive experience while staying with us. Your satisfaction is our top priority and it is always great to hear your satisfaction was met or exceeded. Our location a block away from the truck stop can pose some uneasiness with maneuvering around the trucks and the traffic circles, but I am glad you made it safely to our hotel and to your room. Thank you for your suggestion, I will look into that with the City. Once again, thank you for being our guests, we look forward to any future visits you might consider.

Best wishes,