“Great hotel!”

Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Clearfield, Utah
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great hotel in St. George! We arrived late and the staff was very friendly. Very clean, spacious room and a large bathroom. The parking lot was full, but we didn't hear anyone above us or in the halls. The room was modern and had a microwave and fridge. Breakfast was very good, lots to choose from.
Definately a good place to stay in St. George!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for letting others know about your experience at our hotel and thank you for staying with us. We appreciate you being our guest and look forward to having you again soon.

Anthony White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our stay was everything we needed. The front staff was courteous and quick. We were able to check in a bit early, which was helpful to tired travellers. Our room was big and clean. There were many nice touches in the room that made it seem modern-- granite counters, matching frames and mirrors, and a microwave and mini fridge. We had a problem with a clogged toilette, and the staff brought a plunger up right away. Breakfast was super busy but worked out ok.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I am glad to hear my staff was able to take care of you during your stay. I look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have never stayed with this hotel chain before and was looking forward to a great night based on the website advertising. We arrived very late at night and the check in was friendly and fast. I requested a room on the top floor and was accommodated. We had a king suite which was very large. It had a nice desk, a couch, two side chairs and a coffee table as well as the bed. The bathroom was average size and nothing spectacular. The room was clean. There was a big flat screen TV that you could swivel toward the living area or toward the bed and it had loads of channels and on demand movies and TV. The free Internet worked great. There was an iron and ironing board and a nice coffee maker with mugs. It was a very nicely furnished room.

Here are the problems: The bathroom was only stocked with a bottle of shampoo and one very small sliver of soap. I really missed the conditioner and lotion that most hotels supply. I paid $132.00 total for the room and I thought that was very pricey and the bathroom should have been better stocked. I usually bring my own products, but lately it seems most hotels have been providing pretty nice stuff, so I though I would pack light - my mistake. I probably could have called the front desk and asked for some, but it was close to midnight, I was tired, and I just didn't want to fool with it. The towels were very small and there were only two. The walls are very, very, thin and in the morning I heard the alarm clocks go off in each room on either side of us. We heard every conversation in the adjoining rooms and the hallways.

The breakfast was mediocre. The hotel seemed almost full, yet there was barely any food available. I kept having to ask for items that were empty. I'm sure the hotel is aware when they have a lot of people staying there and one would think they would be prepared with enough breakfast items to feed everyone. My husband asked if they had any tea, and the attendant reached into a drawer and pulled out one bag and shut the drawer and gave it to him. I can't believe they wouldn't have tea bags sitting out. The food that they did provide was not all that great either. You could make a waffle and they did have syrup, so the waffle was ok, but I never did find any butter.

It's a shame that with such nice rooms that the hotel has to skimp on the little stuff like conditioner and lotion and be so stingy with the breakfast items. For the price, I just expected a little more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suru
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your feedback. I have addressed your concerns with my breakfast staff about being out of items and I am sorry you had a problem during your stay. You did come on one of the busiest weekends of the year, which is why the rate was a little higher than normal, but that does not excuse what happened in breakfast. I hope that you will come and stay with us again and see if we can't do a little better next time.

CA
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've always enjoyed my stays at this La Quinta. I travel with two little dogs and have never had a problem except for one thing. There is a traffic roundabout right after you get off the freeway. The first time I arrived there I was so confused. Now I've been there enough and don't have a problem. The breakfast is nothing to rave about..pretty standard stuff. But hey, it's included. Once in a while you can hear someone slam their door but other than that its a quiet place. The grounds are kept clean. There are dog walking areas and dog poo pick up bags. Haven't used the pool or exercise area so can't comment on that. The wireless internet is strong. Front desk is always helpful and courteous. The area is beautiful. Hot in the summer but hey...it's a dry heat! Nothing bad to say...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for being loyal to La Quinta. I am glad we can offer a clean, comfortable place for you and your pets. Come and see us again soon!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

They were not just wrinkled, they were soiled. We were there just one night, so it was not a case of housekeeping thinking we wanted to conserve water. Other than that, the place was great. But that is inexcusable. It is a hard issue for management to control, but they should make sure housekeeping understands such a thing cannot happen.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Kay U
I am sorry about this experience. I just want to let you know we have a process in place every day where the executive housekeeper has a way to check if the beds have been changed. If she were to ever find the bedding isn't changed, we fire the employee immediately. I don't know why there was mistake on the day you stayed with us, but I have addressed the issue and I can assure you and all who read this response there is no need to fear sheets not being changed. I hope we can see you as our guest in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We love LaQuinta and try to stay at these hotels when possible. The St George location is awesome. It is new, very clean and quiet. The breakfast room is comfortable and very clean also, with lots of room...so not too crowded.
Beds are comfortable...rooms are clean and cozy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for staying with us and I am glad we provided a good experience for you. I look forward to having you as our guest in the future.