“Great hotel, clean and pet friendly”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George
Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Orem, Utah
“Great hotel, clean and pet friendly”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This was my first time traveling with my dog Hotrod. Finding a hotel that will accept pets is difficult but to find one and have it be as nice as this one is a bonus. I stayed here 3 nights and was very pleased with the room and how well they are set up to accept pets. The room was clean and very comfortable. It was large enough to accommodate her kennel with room to spare. The room was clean and considering it is a pet room you wouldn't have known it unless you asked like I did. The price was right too. I'll be back here again as I pass through St George.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the freeway will be quieter. Freeway side isn't bad but you can hear the noisy v...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank solartj
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Remember that all La Quinta hotels allow pets at no fee! Thank you for recommending us and I hope to see you again.

Anthony White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Similar to the other new three-story hotels with inside access (doors don't open to the outside like a motel, like other La Quinta's.) Comparable to a Courtyard, Hilton Garden Inn, Wyngate, etc. Free parking, free breakfast (waffles, bacon, and the other usual stuff.) Free parking. The room I had was unusually big, and the rate was extremely good compared to elsewhere in town. The Brigham St. exit is one exit south of the first main St. George exit, so you're a little removed from the main part of town, but this is no big deal if you're driving (and you HAVE to drive to get around in St. George.) There's a 24 hr. Walmart on the other side of the freeway. Speaking of freeway, I heard NO noise from the freeway or other rooms. I always ask for a quiet room, and they delivered. Service was efficient though not overly friendly. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room not facing the freeway - but I can't speak to rooms facing them being noisy...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank heyace
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. It is helpful for me to train my staff and help my other guests. I hope to see you again.

PDX
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I'm not usually a La Quinta fan but this one is excellent. Newish, clean, spacious, comfortable--a well-run place that's also dog-friendly. Warm cookies at check-in. Clean room with high ceilings. A welcome surprise in St. George. It's at the end of town, not particularly convenient to anything but the highway, but it did the trick for us as we were passing through. A good deal for the price and definitely a cut above any other La Quinta I've been to.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank casiobeat
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. Please come back with your pet and see us again soon!

Durango, Colorado
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Really nice, new La Quinta. Our room was huge, nice TV, nice bathroom & comfy bed. Unfortunately we got stuck in a cluster of rooms with some high school wrestling team boys who were obviously not well-chaperoned. After speaking with the front desk once, I didn't notice much improvement in the decibel level. The second visit had the clerk coming up to the floor to identify the noisy rooms and locate the chaperone. I finally explained to the boys the impact of their loud TV's, voices and having the room doors opened had on the other guests at the hotel and that took care of it...at 11:45 pm. Why the staff couldn't do that was beyond me. Or why they didn't put this group on the 1st floor clustered together makes no sense. The clerk was super friendly but not well equipped to handle this problem. I know it was the luck of the draw, but in the future, I will be sure to get a room on the top floor so I can at least minimize noise from the floor above...the rest I'll have to leave to chance. Additionally, this is not one of the better sound-proofed La Quintas. I'd stay again because the rooms were nice for this level of property and pretty comfy for a needed stop on a long road-trip.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank heidimiller365
Thank you for the review and I am sorry you did get the luck of the draw to stay near a boys wrestling team. I will look into why they were not grouped together. However, sometimes a team will book, but they book individually so we don't know they are coming as a team.

When you come back this way and stay again, if you have a chance contact me personally and I will make sure you get in a nice quiet room. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Payson, Utah
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Excellent place to stay. I give this hotel 2 enthusiastic thumbs up!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael H
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Thank you for your enthusiasm! I am so glad we could accommodate you during your stay in St. George. I look forward to seeing you again.

Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights around xmas during a family visit to St. George. This is a very nice, new hotel. The room was very clean, with comfy beds and chairs. The bathroom had very nice fixtures and good water pressure. The TV was a nice LCD flatscreen, about 32” with a bunch of cable channels and HBO. Pay movies were available, but really expensive. There was a fridge available, but it had the option to be turned off, so we didn’t have to hear it.

The selection at breakfast was good, with the usual choice of bready products, juice, yogurt, make-your-own waffles, and a couple of hot items (eggs, bacon, etc.). The staff was friendly and helpful.

My only potential issues are: 1) they allow pets, and that is a possible source of bugs if the cleaning staff doesn’t stay on top of things, and some people have very noisy pets.
2) It's a little tricky to find at night due to the lane arrangements on the roundabout at the freeway exit. But luckily, you can just go around and try again, since it is a roundabout after all.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MarkerMan
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Thank you for being our guest and reviewing our hotel. I am pleased we were able to provide you with good service and an enjoyable experience. Thank you for commenting on potential issues. It allows me to better serve my guests. Thank you again for staying and I hope to see you again soon.