“This is definitely not the No. 2 hotel in St. George”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in St. George
“This is definitely not the No. 2 hotel in St. George”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I have stayed several times in St. George, each time at a different hotel. I'm sorry but the La Quinta is not the No. 2 hotel in St. George. I would say the BW Coral Hills definitely places before the La Quinta.

Our problems started when we arrived at the hotel. When I walked in and up to the front desk there was nobody there. A sign was posted with a be back in a minute note. I didn't think this was very customer friendly. I didn't have to wait too long, but I shouldn't have had to wait at all. If the gal needed a break then the manager should have been at the desk. Check in was okay, but you could tell that the receptionist did not want to be there. Not rude, but cold.

After a day of hiking in Moab, I was ready for the jacuzzi to soothe my aches. Went to the pool area and couldn't get in. Good thing someone was out there to let me know that there was a latch at the top and other side of the gate. I wasn't impressed with the pool area either especially for a newer hotel. The jacuzzi jets were almost non-existent. The pool looked dirty and according to the others that were there was way to cold.

The room was clean and the bed was fine; however, I could hear the people upstairs and the people in the next room. When we got up in the morning and went down to breakfast, I was very disappointed. The pickings were meager even for a continental breakfast. My son wanted a bagel with cream cheese and I couldn't find the cheese. I asked the attendant for some and she said that they ran out yesterday and sorry. Yikes! If they knew yesterday that they were out, why didn't they go get some? The girls in the kitchen were more interested in talking to each other than in checking on the food and the guests. There was sausage but no eggs, not even hard boiled. They probably ran out of those too.

Some may think that these aren't big deals but it speaks to their quality and customer service. There is no excuse for any of these shortcomings. The location is horrible too. It's right off the freeway. If you want a nice place to stay with good customer service and wonderfully remodeled rooms, and a pool with a fountain, I suggest the BW Coral Hills.

3 Thank imahpycamper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
sierra vista
Reviewed May 29, 2011

We stayed two nights at this beautiful hotel and it was pure pleasure. The room was very pretty and ultra comfortable. The free breakfast was good and served in a spacious breakfast room. I didn't want to leave when it was time to check-out! I felt pampered in this beautiful setting. I would definitely stay here again if I'm ever back in the area.

1 Thank stuff3
Oviedo, FL
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We stayed here on 5-24-2011 instead of dealing with the Vegas conglomerate before our flight home. Good decision considering the good price, immaculate room and exceptionally friendly service. The hotel must be new because when you enter the lobby it appeared immaculate and fresh. Enjoyed conversations with the check-in clerk and really thought the breakfast was worth the stay itself. Try this hotel when you're tired because they will really put you in a better frame of mind and provide a good nights sleep and reasonable cost.

1 Thank Rattler93a
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 26, 2011

We went to Saint George on May 21 for an event and stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Saint George. Wow, this hotel is beautiful. It's a newer hotel and if this is the direction La Quinta is going in, I can't wait to see more. The hotel was busy, and the pool was a hit. I will definately stay here again.

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We ended up booking this hotel last minute after a change of plans. It was super easy to book over the phone, the rate was the best rate I've had in a LONG time and the hotel was new and very nice and the room quite spacious. The breakfast was simple but good and the pool was perfect for a toddler with a nice shallow area to play in. We'll be staying here every time we stop in St. George.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We stayed here one night en route to Zion. Our crib was already set up in the room as requested. The room was clean and spacious and the breakfast in the morning was great. The only negative is that there are no restaurants close by and you have to navigate some annoying roundabouts to get to the hotel. But the town center is only an exit or two away, so it is not that far. Avoid the burger king in the pilot station that is next to the hotel, they gave us the oldest and worst chicken nuggets we've ever tastest.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Really, you can't ask for more considering the price. Clean, spacious rooms, excellent service and a well kept lobby and common areas. And none of the odor problems common in some other budget accommodations. The only thing I might harp on is that the breakfast buffet is not a gourmet's delight--but I'm hardly in the position to complain considering the deal we got on the room.

Highly recommended if staying in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple