“Not a Best Western anymore”

Americas Best Value Inn Roosevelt/Ballard
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Roosevelt
Los Angeles, California
“Not a Best Western anymore”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Pretty clueless. New management, not associated with Best Western anymore. Called, made reservation for 2 nights, asked if I needed the conf number, said not. Got there, no record of reservation. Was OK, got room for 2 nights. Second night, after work, they had just rented room with my stuff in it to someone else. Send someone down to stop them and give them another room.

Immigrant family run, no experience in hotel business. Very duh. Pretty expensive for the quality of service. Like a cheap non-brand hotel in LA or San Francisco.

Slow and iffy internet

If you want a bed, fair size room, frig. Ok.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank remcobob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
phoenix, AZ
Reviewed October 28, 2008

The Room Was nice & Clean, Staff was nice i was please with my stay

• Liked — Room Was Big
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Paul C, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Roosevelt/Ballard, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you reviewer for your stay and taking the time sharing your experience with us. we appricate your business, and look forward in seeing you soon..

Bountiful, Utah
Reviewed October 4, 2007

Stayed at property on the 4th. They were sold out and could not give me a room, but took my number down and called me when they had a cancellation and provided a room for my stay. Staff was very friendly and rooms were nice. Especially liked the oversized rooms as I hate cramped spaces. Internet in the room was hardwired and very fast which was a nice relief after a lot of traveling lately where slow connections have made it hard to work. Hot tub and pool areas was clean and well maintained.

• Liked — Oversized Guest Room
  • Disliked — No problems
  • Stayed October 2004, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Odessa, TX
Reviewed September 9, 2007

At a recent stay at this motel, I was treated rudely and possibly illegally, I have a physical handicap and on our first night there, I had an accident that led to the carpet being soiled. The next afternoon, my husband and I were met in the parking lot by the manager, He summoned us, in the presence of other guests, to the office but before we even reached the office, he demanded to know who had soiled the carpet. I was humiliated and embarrassed in front of these other people. I explained the nature of my physical handicap and offered to pay for the cleaning. We were informed that a $200 charge had already been added to our credit card (in actuality, it was charged to my brother's credit card which was used to reserve the room) and that we would have to leave the next morning. The manager had no sympathy or compassion for my situation. He simply said that type of behavior was not allowed and we would have to leave. He said it was all about the money. The motel was very satisfactory in every other way, but the treatment I received from the new management team was despicable.

• Liked — clean rooms
  • Disliked — the manager
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank UnhappyOdessa_TX
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed July 21, 2007

My expectations weren't particularly high for this middle-of-the-dessert motel. Catching it in sight arriving from Vernal I thought my expectations were about to be justified as the building was funny looking, rather narrow (only one line of rooms) and somewhat barrack-like. However I was pleasantly surprised. The check-in was extremly friendly, personal and very efficient. The rooms were very spacious, spotlessly clean. The furniture is somewhat dated but kept in good condition. I really liked the bathroom window which is a rare feature in nowadays hotel design. I used the outdoor pool to cool down after a long day of hiking around Flaming Gorge. The pool was nice, it is just a bit unfortunately located right in the middle of the parking lot, so it got pretty noisy with all of the guests arriving, parking, unpacking ... All in all paying around 80 USD a night I was satisfied with my stay and would certainly recommend this hotel to oher travelers. After all there is not very much to choose from in either Vernal or Roosevelt.

• Liked — Spacious rooms, friendly staff attitude
  • Disliked — Location of the pool in the middle of the parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roosevelt
Red Ledges Inn
#16 of 22 in Cedar City
Americas Best Value Inn Green River
Comfort Inn Ballard-Roosevelt
Best Western Plus Landmark Hotel

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Roosevelt/Ballard? Share your experiences!