“SD Getaway” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Richfield
Avon, Colorado
“SD Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great grounds with a wonderful staff. Blue Wave Bar/Grill-delicious dinner with a great view of the marina. Quiet and comfortable place to relax and watch the ships in the harbor or the boats in the marina. Many good resturants nearby to enjoy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ishwar67, Owner at BEST WESTERN Richfield Inn, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear valid guest thank you so much for taking your time and giving us your a feedback, your feed back is very important to our property we would like to see you again in our property and we are sincerely appreciate your time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Forest Hills, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

The hotel is just okay - nothing bad and nothing great. Was traveling with a pet and they are accommodating for a fee. The air conditioner didn't work when we entered the room and a maintenance person arrived quickly to fix the problem. We didn't eat the breakfast but went into the town to the Small Wonder Cafe and had a great breakfast where the locals hang out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bend, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was a very scummy dump. It looks ok from the outside, but it's inside that's awful. As soon as my husband and I got into our room, I went to use the restroom and noticed a lot of garbage on the floor (i.e. shreds of tp, eyeliner shavings, etc). It was obvious that the floor had not been swept after the last guests had checked-out, which meant that it hadn't been mopped either.

Next, I went to sit on the bed and that's when I noticed that the bedspread looked REALLY rumpled, like somebody had been rolling around on it. I pulled the bedspread back to get a look at the sheets and blanket and it was the SAME SHEETS from the previous guests! The sheets and blanket weren't even tucked in and made to look nice! There was make-up smudges on the sheets and pillow! My husband walked down to the front desk to confront the workers. There were 2 men who had very thick accents and they told my husband they could either a) come "straighten the sheets out and make the bed look good" b) come put new sheets on, or c) move us into a different room. We had already unpacked so we opted for them to put new sheets on, but we insisted on watching them strip the old ones and put on fresh sheets. We would've normally just left for a different hotel at this point, but we had been on the road for 12 hours and we just needed to stop and rest.

Next, as I finish brushing my teeth before going to bed, I reach out to grab a small towel to dry my hands and mouth with, and that's when I see all the DISGUSTING BROWN STAINS on the towel. I dropped it and grabbed the towel next to it and upon examination, SAME THING! I ended up using one of my husbands t-shirts to dry my hands and face with instead. I even used hand sanitizer on my hands after touching the stained towels. I'm not a germaphobe, but these were disgusting.

Finally, the AC does not work. It shuts off constantly throughout the entire night, and the rooms get extremely stuffy. There is a ceiling fan just above the bed, so we turned that on as well. However, if you turn the ceiling fan on to anything over "slow" (i.e. slow, medium, fast) it starts rattling loose and alternates between thumping and squeaking very loudly.

On a positive note, we didn't notice any rodents in our room.
Do yourself a favor and camp out in the backseat of your car instead of staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank buggirl3434
My name is Ishwar Chaudhari and I am the General Manager of Best Western Richfield inn. We sincerely apologies for our Guest for inconvient stay in our property, But even though we will sincerely take this complain and apologize for the guest.

Travelers are raving about these Richfield hotels

Missoula, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

It was VERY hard to understand the hotel staff due to their accents. "Breakfast" is pretty horrible. Doesn't compare to other hotels. Hotel was not kept very clean. Parking in the lot was out of control and staff said they could not do anything about it. Internet is poor in rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Rick C
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

The standards at this hotel do not live up to the BW name. It should be closed or at least the BW brand taken away. We made the reservation by phone due to no hotels available in the area that we wanted to stay, so we had to plan further down the road. We called other hotels in this city and this was the first one with a room available (should have been our first warning sign). Upon arrival, we received the key and went to our room. We found no hot water when we tried to shower. It was just as well since we would not have wanted to used the horribly stained towels to dry our clean bodies. We went back to the desk to report the cold water and dingy towels , but found no one there. When we pulled the covers back on our bed, we found black curly hairs! Disgusting!! The sheets were also discolored and nubby. We would never advise anyone to stay in this hotel - ever!! It needs a major updating and new management! The lady at the desk in the morning told us that she throws those towels and sheets away when she finds them unsuitable, but the owners take them back out of the garbage to reuse!! We would sleep in our car if we ever found another room like this in the future!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank debinatorColorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

The air conditioner kept stopping during the night. We would need to get up to turn off the air conditioner and turn it back on to get it to work, else it would get too hot during the night. The toilet seat kept coming off hindges and kept flushing every minute. The shower/tub was too slippery for savety. We would not recommend this hotel to any family or friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank patrickfT4149ZD
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel appearence is terrible, the service is terrible, the room was dirty and the bath towels was dirty, used so I never return to this hotel, the breakfast is very poor and yu don't have options as fruits or many items and the staff is poor dressed, they don't have idea how making the bed TERRIBLE TERRIBLE

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family