“Hidden Gem”
Review of Big Daddy's Deli

Big Daddy's Deli
Ranked #5 of 40 Restaurants in Richfield
Cuisines: American
Description: Real meat, not processed deli stuff. We cut it fresh every day. Ken also smokes all of our smoked meats in house. We pride ourselves on high quality food. We will make food snobs out of you all.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We ate here mid-morning after reading reviews on Yelp. I would have never stopped here as it looks pretty unassuming from the street. The tables and interior are low budget, but dang - the food was great.

Part of our party had breakfast and others lunch, and every one of us thought the food was excellent. Good sized portions, free refills on soda, and very friendly people working the counter.

The breakfast burrito was large and very good. The Philly Cheese Steak and the Italian Sub were too big to finish (even the 6") and they were excellent.

They gave us a sample of the pulled pork and if I were in the mood for BBQ I would have definitely tried it as it was smokey and tender. They also have family to-go BBQ for a really good rate - it would be a good option for a group staying at a hotel.

3  Thank RSinSG

Reviewed June 14, 2013

They have a great selection of sandwiches, hot dogs and BBQ. The meat portions on the sandwiches are generous, and are good quality. However, all the meat I've had seems to be shredded... which is not my favorite.

The BBQ sauces are awesome! There are flavors for every taste. They have sweet and tangy, sweet and spicy, the more typical non-sweet and a few more :) I slather everything I get with the stuff.

I would eat here much more often if it was just a few dollars cheaper...

1  Thank viofla
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband had a smoked chicken sandwich and I had smoked turkey. Huge sandwiches - wished we had shared. Quality ingredients - not deli meat. There were a few bones - YEAH! Didn't try the sauces, as I felt ill prior to arriving but they looked interesting.

2  Thank CO_mama33330
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We found this little shop to be quite a surprise.

It is a sandwich deli shop with it's own barbeque smoker in the back. The people were friendly, the place very clean and organized. I had a brisket sandwich and my wife had a "hippie" wrap. Both were excellent. I also liked their homemade bbq sauce.

Should you find yourself here around lunch drop by. The locals we encountered here, like the employees, were friendly and good-natured.

2  Thank BuckshotLaFonque
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband LOVED the pulled pork sandwich, but the brisket was super fatty and kinda flavorless. The beans had about a quarter pound of chewy bacon that had been thrown in for flavour...I literally picked out a half cup of bacon chunks that looked and tasted raw...Dog liked 'em. Chili had beans, corn, etc. but no kick, mostly cumin. I'll try it again and order differently because the folks were lovely...

1  Thank clairann2000