“So many better choices”

Days Inn Richfield
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Richfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I've stayed here about three times in the past four years. Never again. Dirty, dingy. Refrigerator in a cabinet so it overheats. Extension cords running THROUGH walls (serious fire hazard). On my most recent stay, next door room left TV running all night. Two calls to the desk with no relief. Although I had a 3-night reservation, I checked out early the next morning. I will NEVER return. Days Inn/Wyndham contacted me for an evaluation, and I held nothing back.

So today (5/3/10) I receive an email with the subject, "Days Inn Richfield is NOW Open." Makes me wonder if Wyndham closed them down for repairs/management changes?

With several other similar-priced hotels in town, I can't think of any reason to repeat the experience.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed April 1, 2010

The room itself was okay, though maybe a little bit dark. Not spotless, but clean enough to suit me. The bed was comfortable, the television was smaller than the usual hotel room TV nowadays. Internet service was free but only one wired connection in the room (cable modem), no wireless internet. Fridge and a coffeemaker in the room, no continental breakfast included. I didn't try the exercise room or the hot tub.

Hallways seemed dark and the carpeting was badly worn. The front desk staff were very friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2009

Context: We travel with two large (90 lb) dogs so we need pet friendly that permits dogs larger than gerbils to stay. We also need a fridge and high-speed internet.

This was our third stay. 1st was good. 2nd was not good. 3rd was good. The 2nd visit had us on the lower floor: someone was smoking their brains out and the stairs to get there were open in the back ... like high school bleachers. Our female dog freaked coming and going.

This time we requested room 216 ... the main floor, pet friendly room.

The good: Ok price, Pet friendly at $10 for the first pet and $5 for the second. Great park across the street. Decent attached restaurant. We did not encounter bedbugs as mentioned by other reviewers.

Odd: Highspeed internet was provided via cable modem. This was good for very fast access, but a little awkward for my wife and I who both use laptops - we were forced to buddy-breath the access. No big deal.

The bad: Agree with all previous reviewers regarding remodel. It most definitely is time.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank striderforth
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Dirty, dark, dingy, expensive. No breakfast included. That pretty much sums it up.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2009

The past couple of years I have read about bedbugs making a comeback in U.S. hotels. Well, look no further, here they are. I wondered why AAA gave this place 3 diamonds as it was rundown. Since we were only spending the night so didn't really care much. I noticed the twenty or thirty bites soon after leaving the hotel in the morning. As the day progressed they swelled up and itched uncontrollably. It's been four days now. The itch has diminished by using a topical antihistamine (nasal spray) but the large red bite marks persist. This has grossed me out so much I am considering buying an RV for my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2008

We stayed overnight as a stop on our road trip. The rooms were ok. They were dated, worn and dusty. This was not good for our son who is allergic to dust and severely asthmatic.
This hotel is ok, especially for the prices they charge, but an update or remodel is needed.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed September 19, 2007

Chose this hotel because it was pet friendly. I was here on business for a couple weeks and I was treated like a queen. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and happy. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. The restaurant had a great menu besides weekly specials and a discount to hotel guests. There is a small city park across the street from the hotel that we enjoyed with our pet. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank CALewis