“Very nice hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed here Sept. 25, 2012. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was quiet, clean, bug free, the bed OK and had a coffee pot, microwave and mini fridge. I think that the manager told me that there are only 2 smoking rooms, rooms 116 and 117. I was in #117. Both smoking rooms are in the basement and right next to the stairs to the rear entry door. Very convenient for bringing in the luggage. The hotel has a Mexican restaurant located next to the front desk area. The restaurant could improve the menu selections but the price can't be beat. The free breakfast is in the restaurant. You can have - corn flakes, fruit loops, toast, coffee, orange juice or milk. You also have a choice of 1 of - 1) 1 egg & 2 sausages, 2) mini omelet & ham or 3) grilled cheese sandwich & ham. The food was good and filling. I would stay here again unless I find a lower price hotel with the same things this one has but I would be taking a chance that it isn't as good as this one.

Room Tip: Smokers only have 2 rooms to choose from, room #116 or #117. I think that I would prefer #116 but t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed October 17, 2012

After spending the day at Zion National Park, we needed a room for the night as we headed back to Colorado. The hotel is older, but the gentleman at the front desk was helpful, the room was clean, the bed comfortable (although we brought our travel pillows in from the car), the shower was good and the room was quiet. The "in-house" restaurant is Mexican, and we didn't eat there. But the upside was that for our breakfast we were given a freshly prepared hot meal - choice of scrambled eggs, an omelet or a toasted cheese sandwich. Nice to have a hot breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Moab, Utah
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I travel a lot and have stayed in quite a few hotel rooms. I've been stuck in a smoking room as a non-smoker. I've stayed at hotels that were old and ran down. I've had rooms with stained chairs, missing bulbs, chipped paint and broken water faucets. I've slept on uncomfortable mattress and used towels that were gray, thin, and holey. I've been unfortunate enough to share my room with bugs and mold. I've also stayed in a hotel with no hot water. Before this stay, I've never had the privilege of experiencing ALL these things at once!
I will never stay here again and would strongly recommend anyone needing a room in Richfield, UT look elsewhere. The Health Department needs to close this place down.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights. The staff was friendly, and the room was clean. In the first room that I checked into the air conditioner did not work, so the staff graciously moved me into a new room. This second room where I stayed did not have hot water. Unfortunately, I could not change rooms because hotel was full due to jamboree event going on. This Days Inn advertises free Continental Breakfast, don't expect much.......there's not much to offer, and what they had to offer was not very good. Very disappointing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Colorado
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This place hasn't had a remodel since the 1970's. The rooms are large but not well orgainzed. The room was dirty including stains on the box spring matress. (yuck!) I usually stay in nicer places for work but this trip I had my dog and was trying to keep out of the pending rain. The front desk was great but not sure that is a good enough reason to stay in a dirty basement room. There is no continetal breakfast, 1 egg and toast and sausage where all that were offered.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo