“Old and dirty” 1 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Moab, Utah
“Old and dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I travel a lot and have stayed in quite a few hotel rooms. I've been stuck in a smoking room as a non-smoker. I've stayed at hotels that were old and ran down. I've had rooms with stained chairs, missing bulbs, chipped paint and broken water faucets. I've slept on uncomfortable mattress and used towels that were gray, thin, and holey. I've been unfortunate enough to share my room with bugs and mold. I've also stayed in a hotel with no hot water. Before this stay, I've never had the privilege of experiencing ALL these things at once!
I will never stay here again and would strongly recommend anyone needing a room in Richfield, UT look elsewhere. The Health Department needs to close this place down.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Parker, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights. The staff was friendly, and the room was clean. In the first room that I checked into the air conditioner did not work, so the staff graciously moved me into a new room. This second room where I stayed did not have hot water. Unfortunately, I could not change rooms because hotel was full due to jamboree event going on. This Days Inn advertises free Continental Breakfast, don't expect much.......there's not much to offer, and what they had to offer was not very good. Very disappointing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Richfield hotels

Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

This place hasn't had a remodel since the 1970's. The rooms are large but not well orgainzed. The room was dirty including stains on the box spring matress. (yuck!) I usually stay in nicer places for work but this trip I had my dog and was trying to keep out of the pending rain. The front desk was great but not sure that is a good enough reason to stay in a dirty basement room. There is no continetal breakfast, 1 egg and toast and sausage where all that were offered.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Ok there are 2 adults and 4 children in our group, with the youngest being 4 so we have to have connecting rooms. The Days inn offered that and had last minute availability. The building is old and very dated. Was not our first choice as we prefer new hotels. They try to keep it clean and it was for the most part. The staff was very nice and helpful. The Mexican food place on site had very good food. The beds need updated and bathrooms need the plumbing worked on. In a pinch I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
Littleton, CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Hotel was clean and staff was very helpful but the building is old, things look worn out and old. I have no complaints though, if you are looking for an affordable option in Richfield, this is a good choice. I mention the deterioration because I know others out there are more picky than me!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank denverhalestorm
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

I like this hotel, but maybe not quite as much as last year. The rooms are decent and the gentleman at the front desk really understands what hospitality means.
I had the unfortunate luck to stay on the same weekend as a high school basketball tournament was taking place, so I entered with a cautionary feeling, suspecting there would be a lot of noise - every hotel was booked with teenagers. The host was proactive and told me this upon check in, and asked me to call him if there was any disturbances. Despite some early evening group loitering in the hallways, I was never bothered with any noise. Clearly, the host did his job well or I was fortunate to be among some of the politest teens in Utah.
I was a little less enamored with the room comfort this time around, mainly because the pillows were the size of tater tots. Since the headboards of the beds are slotted, it was not at all comfortable trying to sit in bed and watch TV as the pillows slid around and into the headboard. Likewise, I slept poorly because the pillows wouldn't stay under my head. The second issue was the inconsistent hot water. It took forever for the shower to warm up, and then midway, the water turned ice cold and I had to wait several minutes for it to get warm again. Also, as much as I like the kitchenette outside the bathroom, it needs a nightlight. Both times I got up during the night to use the bathroom, I plowed into the cabinet coming out into the darkened room. The towels and sheets seemed a little small or thin. I do like the rustic brick walls, insulative carpet, and warm lighting in the hallways. There was a coffee machine and mini fridge in the room. The CFL bulbs in the lamps take a while to warm up.
In the morning the host greeted us and was genuinely interested in our stay and our plans for the weekend. Great guy.
There is a computer in the lobby for checking email, etc. and a dining lounge although we did not eat there due to time constraints.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for or bring extra pillows. I've stayed on the 3rd floor (which is actually...