“Blue Ribbon BBQ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I researched trip advisor before our vacation and found this restaurant for our overnight stay in Richfield. I really wasn't expecting anything spectacular but sounded like it would be good wholesome food. After looking at the menu, I decided to have the BBQ ribs. I'm really picky about my BBQ sauce, so ask for a sample which they were quick to accomodate me. The staff were so friendly and helpful. When the sauce arrived, I was astonished to find that it was a homemade sauce, never been patented, and was the best I have ever eaten! I have ordered BBQ all over St. Louis, Kansas City, and Memphis. Some of the most famous BBQ places in the states, and this was better than ANY I've ever had. In fact, I sat and ate it with a spoon while we waited on our food. Told them the chef needs to bottle his sauce, because he would be famous by now. Stop here if you are anywhere near.

1  Thank Beverly T
There are newer reviews for Frontier Village Restaurant

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We ate here for breakfast on our way out of the area. As a hint, if you order the ham steak breakfast, there is enough food for at least two people. We took half of the huge ham with us in the cooler for a snack later. Service was wonderful! My only complaint was the coffee was very weak but, I think that is a regional problem. Very good home cooking!

1  Thank ColoradoRN
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Told by Flying J to go park (our RV) behind this restaurant instead their lot for the night. Big mistake for them, they lost our business (dollars) great find for us. Not only were we told we were welcome to stay in their lot for the night we had a wonderful dinner and yummy breakfast. Stop! Do not pass go, as they say. Eat here. To good to describe in this small space. Service was great too!

1  Thank EmileeReed
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

This conveniently located restaurant was recommended by our motel And it exceeded our expectations. The chicken fried steak and gravy was delicious and the grilled salmon special with apricot sauce was wonderful. The chicken fried steak on a scale of 1 to 10 was a 10!! Seasoned and cooked just right with delicious white gravy! The wait staff were very helpful and courteous. Good access to I-70.

1  Thank WYPY
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I was sent here by desk clerk at next door hotel. Decor and dinning room were a bit tired, but the staff very cordial. Immediately seated and served a glass of house wine which was ok. Huge menu of all kinds of meats and some pastas. Having read what others had to say, I asked the waiter whether to have ribs or pulled pork. At his overwhelming response I went with the pork. It was incredibly delicious and tender and home made beans tasty. Serving was huge and I could not finish it. If you are expecting fancy gourmet food this is not your place. If you are after good food, friendly people and reasonable prices stop here!