“Stayed one night”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Richfield
Royal Inn
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Richfield
New York City, New York
“Stayed one night”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

If you are offended by chipped paint or old artwork, then don't stay here. But if you are looking for an economical place to crash in between Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, Las Vegas, or Denver, then this is the place. The price was around $37 + tax. Dogs are allowed for $10 extra, cats are not allowed (although an orange neighbor cat wonders around, and I let him in my room the morning I checked out. He was friendly.

Most of the guests looked like passer-throughs. Single guys, or small families. There was a fridge in the room, hairdryer, and a microwave. There is no coffee pot, however they have coffee in the lobby in the mornings. The owners were very friendly.

In the town there is really nothing to do. The only restaurant is Wingers, okay food, great and friendly service. There is a Taco Bell/KFC combination.

If you have an extra 1.5 hours, take the 89/9 to get there rather than the 15/70. It is much more scenic and beautiful. No McDonlads or WalMarts. Just a few small towns with no stoplights. The speed limit is 65 for the most part, and I didn't see any police. But there is no reason to speed, its a beautiful. Plus you go through Zion National Park ($25 entrance fee. They take card, free for active duty military).

Room Tip: There us a suite available, with a big flat screen. I could hear the upstairs guests walking from t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank casedizzy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The relatively good reviews for an unusually good price led my wife and I to stay at the Royal Inn. Were we disappointed. The large rooms had new carpet and a new shower unit and great water pressure. The front desk was accommodating and friendly. But, our bathroom smelled heavily of urine and, on a warm summer night, the air conditioning barely registered a temperature drop. Because of the area, we were uncomfortable opening the windows.

Quite a few of the units appeared to be rented to more permanent occupants. Weekly and monthly rentals are advertised. As you might expect, the place is older and off the major routes. Most rooms have "no smoking" signs on them, but there are ash trays / cans outside most units. While we have often had good luck finding and appreciating such places, we definitely did not this time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank donnieboy2787
utahbarqs, Owner at Royal Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear traveler;
I read your review and I am totally confused, First of all this motel has not had any new carpet installed for many years, and we have never had any new shower units installed! If in fact the shower unit had been replaced I'm sure the bath room wouldn't have smelled like urine? I'm glad you enjoyed the water pressure, and I'm glad to hear the front desk was friendly. (it's me)

I'm sorry the air didn't work like you think it should, but I have not had any complaints before or after your visit. I also didn't understand the comment about the "Area" and feeling uncomfortable opening the window... Richfield is one of the nicest and safest places that I can ever imagine staying.

You are correct, our motel is older and off the major route, and we do rent to weekly and monthly guests. "All" our rooms are non-smoking and we do provide ash cans for smokers outside.

Bottom line is I am so sorry you were disappointed We pride ourselves in a clean comfortable motel for travelers who do not want to spend a fortune.
Oklahoma City, OK
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We found out about the Royal Inn on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed! The owners are extremely friendly and the accommodations were very spacious. It is an older motel but has been maintained and it had everything we needed. Micro Fridge, hair dryer, WiFi, huge room, comfortable king bed. As the sign said when we arrived, “Spend a night, not a fortune.” Our room including tax was $42.35! We definitely would recommend it to anyone. We had a first floor room (there is not an elevator). A bonus for us is that Richfield had the cheapest gas on our route through Utah’s Grand Circle of National Parks. We arrived from the south (Bryce Canyon and Zion N.P.) and enjoyed the scenery along the Sevier River Valley. The drive the next day on I-70 between Salina, UT and Green River, UT was also very scenic! Don’t miss the various overlooks. Breathtaking scenery!

Room Tip: No elevators so if steps are a problem, request first floor. No one was above us so we can't co...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank morrishj
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 1, 2012

You definitely get more for your money here. For less than 40 dollars a night, I wasn't expecting much. The rooms are huge, but kind of run down. The man who runs the place and his daughter were nice. Overall, I think next time I would spend a little more to go somewhere a bit nicer, but if you just want a place to crash and don't want to pay a lot, it would be good for that.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Corinth, Mississippi
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We chose Royal Inn because it was the most reasonably priced motel in Richfield with good reviews. We were not disappointed. Rooms are clean and spacious-but nothing fancy.(but did not expect fancy for the price). Owner was very helpful and hospitable. The location was quiet and peaceful. Convenient to food and shopping. Would definately stay there again if in Richfield.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PJB888
Logan, Utah, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I think my title says it all. We were driving from Denver to Las Vegas. We were tired with 3 grand kids in tow. I read reviews on Royal Inn and decided to stay here. We are here now. The man at the desk was so helpful. Free internet in your room. A booklet on the area. Great price for a huge room with roll away at no extra charge. It is a motel (hotels have hallways where you enter the rooms) so all room enter from the outside. We parked right in front of our room. The roll away was already in the room for us. There was a picnic area with shade and tables. The only downside I could see for this motel was that the carpet needed to be re-stretched. If you are looking for an inexpensive good basic motel to stay in while traveling in this area it is great. I felt you get more than you pay for. So rare to find a clean motel at these prices.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Debbie G
Santee, California
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband and I have not stayed here yet but will next week. I have never done a review before without having been to the place yet but I was so impressed with the owner I spoke with. I had some questions about our possible stay and this man could not have been nicer. Answered all my questions and has to be one of the friendliest people I have every had the pleasure of talking to on the phone concerning travel. Looking forward to our stay and will update my review after our visit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple