“Customer Service, Large Clean Rooms, Great Price”
Review of Royal Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Richfield
Royal Inn
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Richfield
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I think my title says it all. We were driving from Denver to Las Vegas. We were tired with 3 grand kids in tow. I read reviews on Royal Inn and decided to stay here. We are here now. The man at the desk was so helpful. Free internet in your room. A booklet on the area. Great price for a huge room with roll away at no extra charge. It is a motel (hotels have hallways where you enter the rooms) so all room enter from the outside. We parked right in front of our room. The roll away was already in the room for us. There was a picnic area with shade and tables. The only downside I could see for this motel was that the carpet needed to be re-stretched. If you are looking for an inexpensive good basic motel to stay in while traveling in this area it is great. I felt you get more than you pay for. So rare to find a clean motel at these prices.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Debbie G

Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband and I have not stayed here yet but will next week. I have never done a review before without having been to the place yet but I was so impressed with the owner I spoke with. I had some questions about our possible stay and this man could not have been nicer. Answered all my questions and has to be one of the friendliest people I have every had the pleasure of talking to on the phone concerning travel. Looking forward to our stay and will update my review after our visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 2travelersasof2001
Reviewed March 15, 2012

First, make sure you go to the Royal Inn Motel and not the Royal Inn Ministry next door. Second, appreciate paying less for a hotel than you have in ten years. I didn't think it was possible to find hotels for less than $50/night, even in small towns, and especially rooms this nice. We were charged $35 for a very large room with two beds, a fridge, a microwave, free wireless internet, and cable. Super clean. The town is quiet and low-key, bordered by lovely mountains on all sides. The Royal Inn's family management shows in all the best ways: you're treated like a person - they're consistent and reliable. It's a small two-story motel, probably older than it looks but recently remodeled. The tile in the bathroom is lovely and I'm glad they didn't update it - otherwise the decor is pretty standard bulk motel gear. They even have chairs along the sidewalk for a little porch-sitting. Free coffee in the morning too. Pretty much the fulfillment of all my practical dreams.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank OnlyHighways
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Our car broke down in the middle of I-70 in Utah( no cell phone signal, desert flies biting like crazy, 110 degrees heat) and the AAA tow truck brought us at the Royal Inn. Thank GOD, AAA knows best, we got into a modest looking hotel and the hospitality, helping hand and open arms welcome I have never experienced before.
I have traveled the world and have logged no less than 300,000 flying miles, saved four heart attack passengers on a plane and a couple more on the road, and have never experienced what Royal Inn does for their guests( they are truly GOD send for us).

Room Tip: At Royal Inn, you will always get the best.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank echotech1452
utahbarqs, Manager at Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Were so glad that you stayed with us and are thankful for the review, We really do try hard to make folks comfortable.

Thanks and God bless!

Reviewed June 28, 2011

stayed her for 2 days for business travel. during the year I spend about half my year in hotels and motels around the west and have to say staying here was the best experience with courteous owners who got up early to make sure that our group was fed before we went to work. great room good nights rest again excellent owners highest ratings.

Room Tip: lots of room with two beds
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Jarridge
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We visited the Royal Inn the morning after we woke up at another lodging in Richfield (see my previous review for details and background). I remembered this motel from years ago, but it was not top of mind, and so we chose the other establishment. But no more.

The Royal Inn is our new home when we are taking Interstate 15 and Interstate 70 to and from home and family members in Colorado. As others here have found, Richfield is essentially the halfway point between Southern California and the Denver metro area. So if you choose to stop to get a room in Richfield, you would be hard pressed to find a better room for a lower price than the Royal Inn. In fact, take it from me. It can't be done! And they don't jack up their rates in times of high demand, either. This leads to them being on the full side or even sold out when the competition is raising their room rates. . . just so you know in advance.

They offer two size rooms: one ($35 *including* tax) is good for one queen size bed, and one table with two chairs. Dresser with flat screen television, and of course a full bath with tub. This is good for one or two people. Not a lot of floor space for storing stuff though, but good for basic accommodations for a night's stay.

The other size room ($42 *including* tax) is simply huge - especially by Southern California standards - and shows what the original owners envisioned for travelers when the motel was first built (it is older, certainly from 1970 or before, dunno the exact age though). It holds either two queens or one king bed, and gives more than ample gear space for snow skiing or fishing expeditions. . . or just family vacationing. They even offer rollaway beds, so if you have a larger size family, this is worth your consideration in terms of space and bedding. Tube type television in the room, large ample dressers, and full bath with tub. Table with two chairs.

All rooms have microwaves and a dorm style refrigerator. Everything looks to be in working condition, and the carpeting and furniture were in excellent condition. My thought based on how everything else looked is that the mattresses are up to snuff for a good night's rest.

There's ample parking for cars, and even RVs and commercial trucks with trailers would be able to park here. There's a deep grassy lot adjacent to the motel which can also be a play area, picnic spot or. . . you get the idea. A good amount of lodgers, some from out of state staying here at the time of my visit, and no one looking rough or undesirable from what I saw. Friendly guests, actually. Looks like a safe place to stay.

A couple of quibbles which shouldn't bother you, because they didn't bother me: the parking lot is a bit on the rough side (but nowhere near the horrible condition the place we slept at is in). There is no elevator (the place we stayed at didn't have one either) and the concrete stairs had a small place where the cement is coming undone, but I didn't trip or fall because of it. Easy patch to fix, and I'll bet the owners have already patched it since I left.

You've got to admit the location is not freeway close to Interstate 70, and is south of the downtown area on State Street. But is it that far from I-70? Maybe 5 to 10 minutes away at the most. It's helpful to know that there is a sign for the Royal Inn paired with the local Ford dealer, both letting you know where to turn off of from State Street to find them. Continue past the Ford dealer on Coveview Road for a few city blocks and the Royal Inn is on your right.

On another note, the motel offers Gideon Bibles in its rooms, but not any other religious books. If you ask the owners why that is so, you will get a very kind and enlightening answer. We enjoyed our time spent here very much. . . I think you will too. What a great family operating this motel. . . refreshing to encounter such folks. Aah, the power of Love!

Room Tip: Get the large two queen bed room for families.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Underdog_SPP
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Would never stay there again. Did not even shower in the morning because of the lack of cleanliness. Stains on the pillow cases. Yuck.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank leslie2199
utahbarqs, Owner at Royal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

I was horrified when I read this review. however, I know what happened, I was out of town and my front desk rented a room that had been used as a weekly room, for some unknown reason it got put on the "available" list with out being cleaned. I only wish these folks would have said something as I'm sure we could have upgraded them. Please see other reviews before you make a decision about our family owned and operated business.