“Brand New, Non Smoking Hotel, that Accepts Pets.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richfield
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Richfield
Wisconsin
“Brand New, Non Smoking Hotel, that Accepts Pets.”
Reviewed December 8, 2010

The hotel was new, nicely decorated, and very clean. We travel each year to spend winters in Arizona, so we have a cat and dog traveling with us. This hotel Accepts pets at a reasonable rate - $15 per pet. They have specific pet only rooms on the Third Floor, but they have an elevator. the parking lot is well lit and there is a walkway to exercise your pet. (Please be a responsible pet owner and clean up after your pet!) The breakfast was fantastic. hot food and great selection. This is located right off the highway on the frontage road, Hotel must be well insulated, we were not bothered by the sounds of traffic. There is a restaurant in walking distance, however, we ventured to Steve's Steak House at the travel lodge on Main street. ( See my review for that)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed November 27, 2010

If you want to stay at a nice hotel you gotta stay at the Holiday Inn Express, the pool is great, the breakfast is always good, and the services is great too. Nice flat screen T.V.'s as well.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Estes Park, Colorado
Reviewed November 5, 2010

My husband & I were taking a road trip from Colorado to Las Vegas and decided to stay in Richfield, UT, driving in to LV by noon the next day. I made reservations a few days before leaving, checking Trip Advisor for suggestions. This hotel was rated very highly and lived up to it's name. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was delightfully clean and fresh, and that's what's most important to me. WiFi in good working order and easy to use. We used the fitness center which had nice equipment and in working order. The breakfast area was large, clean, bright, and nicely decorated. You had several choices for breakfast and if you chose wisely you could have a very healthy breakfast. Although close to the highway, there was no noticeable noise and we slept soundly. They could use a sign as it was a little difficult to find. I hope they are able to keep the hotel in the nice condition that it is now.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 27, 2010

This new hotel is adjacent to the 70 Interstate and is very convenient for a night's stop while driving through Utah. It was nearly sold out on a Sat night so I took a suite for $109, which was really over my hotel budget for this trip and was overpriced for the area. However, I was tired.The room was modern and spacious and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable as well.They also take dogs for A $10 fee.The indoor pool and spa also looked very clean and inviting as did the lobby, The man checking me in was pleasant.

Shortly after checking in, the family in the room next to me came back to the room from dinner ( I presume) and it sounded like a riot was going on. Kids were screaming at the top of their lungs, a baby was crying, they were banging against the wall ( probably jumping on the beds) and running up and down the hallway outside the room yelling. I heard adult voices but the noise did not stop. Finally, after a couple of hours I called downstairs to complain and mercifully, the noise decreased and then later stopped when the kids went to sleep.The next morning they were predictably up very early and, thankfully, checked out early. Ahh, I thought- peace for a couple more hours sleep- but not to be. At 8:45am the housekeepers started rapping on doors loudly announcing " housekeeping" at each one. Then I could hear them flip the latch and allow the doors to the now empty rooms to bang shut on the latch so the door would not lock and they could them easily keep track of which were empty.They spoke to each other in loud voices in the hallway as they made their rounds.

Breakfast was served until 9:30am and since it was clear I was not going to get any more sleep I decided to get up and go down to breakfast at 9:15am. Before I could get to the food, all the housekeepers (about 8-10) descended together, piling their plates full of the hot entress and proceeded to sit right down together in the breakfast area, having a loud gabfest while they ate! In my long years of travel this was my first experience as a paying guest in having to make way for hotel staff to eat! First they woke me up and now they were all here with me at breakfast. Too much. I am all for staff eating after the guest breakfast hours are over in a staff eating area but the lack of consideration for guests here was pretty surprising, When I went back up to my room, They were contining to bang on doors even though check out was not until 11am. When I left my room to check out there were many carts up and own the hallway and doors to housekeeping area wide open, Hmmmm, I guess the housekeepers are running the place. It was really a weird experience,

This is a new hotel. If they correct these strange housekeeping practices, you will be ok- as long as you get quiet neighbors in rooms next to you and get up at the crack of dawn!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank lqguera
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 21, 2010

This Holiday Inn Express just off I-70 is one of the nicest HIE we have ever stayed in. Top shelf in every category.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
US
Reviewed October 20, 2010

My doubts about a hotel in the middle of nowhere Utah proved to be false! This is a top choice hotel, worthy of twice the price they charge.

Pros:
-Right off of the freeway (i-15) on the NORTH side of town, not to be confused with the bigger south side of town
-Clean, new, very nice and comfortable rooms with good climate control
-Clean fancy bathroom stocked with amenities and coffee maker
-Indoor pool/spa was nice
-Friendly staff
-Hot breakfast free (pastries,cereal, sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, juice bar, coffee/tea) in a nice dining facility
-Very comfy beds
-Next to a Chevron
-Very reasonable rates
-Quiet area of Richfield
-Free Wifi

Cons:
Restaurant choices limited to Pioneer restaurant and Subway or a drive back to the south of town a few minutes on the freeway

KEY WORDS: Comfort, Quality

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Brechin
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We stayed overnight here on our way back to Las Vegas from Moab .The hotel was easy to find just off the highway.We had a city view room so did not hear traffic noise.We had the indoor pool all to ourselves after checking in early,and it was so relaxing.The pool was a little cool ,but the spa was very nice.
Our room was a double with two full size beds and seemed a little tight on space as they had a large chair and pouffe by the window which you had to move to get in that side of the bed.-We chose the window bed to be farthest away from any corridor noise-, but it was a smartly decorated and up to date room.
When traveling we had been appreciative of the in- room fridges we encountered at other hotels ,but none was offered in this room.The girl at the reception kindly offered to re-freeze our cool packs for the next morning,and we picked them up at check-out. Thanks for that.
The foyer area was particularly nicely presented and at areas in the downstairs passageways focal points of boutique style furnishings gave this hotel a classy modern feel.
Breakfast was of a good standard and there were of course the warm cinnamon rolls.
No complaints whatsoever about the hotel.
We ate at the nearby restaurant which was OK ,but nothing special,as it was convenient , you could just walk across and my husband had a beer with his meal.
Richfield was certainly not the most scenic stop on our tour ,that's for sure, but this hotel is a good overnight bet.Recommended.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple