“Really nice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richfield
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Richfield
“Really nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here twice over the last 2 Fathers Day weekends for a baseball tournament. Both times we have really enjoyed our stay and the employees are very kind and willing to help with anything. The breakfast is always really great as well. Very clean place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Buffy_Brown2009, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richfield, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
We greatly appreciate your continued patronage with us and are glad you have enjoyed each stay:) Thank you so much for taking the time to post a comment about us also. Our staff loves to read and hear "a job well done". We cant wait to see you next time you visit our area!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
East Falmouth, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I had not planned on staying in Richfield but did so at the recommendation of a ranger at Freemont Indian State Park. Pulled into a competitor across the street and checked Trip Advisor on cell. Immediately went here. Desk gentleman was amazingly welcoming and helpful. Gave me a government discount as I am a teacher. That is rare!. Gorgeous room. Spacious and very comfortable. Sent me next door for dinner, saying best local reasonably priced place in town. (Pulled pork best I ever had!) Free breakfast included delicious hot items and coffee was great. Best Holiday Inn !

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Buffy_Brown2009, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richfield, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Wow..thanks for all the feedback!! We appreciate our awesome guests. Good to know you are taking advantage of some of our nearby attractions. Freemont Indian State Park is a close must see site. We are also so lucky to be close to Bryce Canyon, Arches, and Zions park. Hope to see you again.
salt lake city, ut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had never stayed in a Holiday Inn before, but chose this because of its rating on Trip Advisor. I was not let down, on the contrary if every Holiday Inn Express is as wonderful as Richfield's, it will move to the top of my list for on-the-road hotels. I was traveling on business, and was not aware of how long meetings would take, so I ended up making a reservation by phone to an 800 number while driving through Richfield after having checked for hotel ratings on my phone. When I arrived I was told the room I had reserved was not available, but the young man at the front desk offered to bring a refrigerator and microwave to my room. (I declined. NBD). The room was updated, immaculately clean, and just as shown in their PR photos. The roomy bathroom (the crucial room for me) had a granite countertop, good sized bathtub, fluffy towels and nice toiletries. The king bed had linens that smelled like they had been dried in a summer breeze (wish I knew that trick!). The pillowcases were labeled "firm" and "soft." The large room also had a sofa an desk. In the evening, I heard the TVs in the rooms on either side of mine, but they were turned off by 10 p.m. (Not a big party town apparently.) Buffy, the manager was great. She was intrigued when I asked if Richfield had a marker or monument to Joseph Hansen (born in Richfield in 1910), the son of a Norwegian immigrant who attended the University of Utah before becoming the right-hand man of Russian Revolutionary Leon Trotsky during his exile in Mexico City. He was married to Reba Hooper, granddaughter of Heber C. Kimball, one of the first apostles of the LDS Church. This story has not made its way into the Utah history books; if you go to Richfield to investigate, be sure to call Buffy to make your reservation!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you!!Thank you!!..for your comment:) We are glad you decided to try our brand. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to write about our hotel. It is always very interesting to hear any history on our area. The staff here has lived in this area for several years if not their whole life and just love it. Thank you for knowing and sharing your knowledge about here:) We hope to be able to visit with you again.
Loveland, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

My daughter and I were looking for a pet-friendly hotel around Richfield, Utah (driving from San Diego to Denver). I called another chain hotel first and found out they are not pet-friendly; the most helpful thing they did was give me the phone number to Holiday Inn Express! I called and Andrew answered the phone. After answering my many questions, he assured me that Holiday Inn Express is the nicest hotel in town... that is the understatement of the year! We were blown away by what we got for the price of the room. The hotel looks new, smells clean and fresh the minute you walk through the front door, and Andrew is even nicer in person and has a great sense of humor. He is also very knowledgeable and had several helpful suggestions, including directions to the local grocery store (which I also recommend -- the employees there were wonderful). It was late when we arrived and we were hungry. Andrew suggested Pizza Hut delivery -- you get a 15% discount when you're a guest at Holiday Inn Express. If you work out (I run a lot and strenght train), this hotel has GREAT workout equipment (a treadmill, elliptical and dumbbells) and the workout room is a decent size and spotless. The treadmill is quiet and there is a separate AC unit in the workout room so you can control the temperature. The pool and hot tub are the perfect temperature, and the guest laundry was a welcome sight. Be sure to have breakfast, too... it's refreshing to have a wide variety of healthy breakfast items. I have traveled countless times over the years for business and pleasure, and this hotel is now one of my favorites. It has a cozy feeling that you don't find at most other chain hotels and the staff is genuinely friendly. I usually don't tip the person who oversees breakfast, but the woman who was there that morning definitely deserved more than the $10 I gave her (I would've spent more than that on breakfast elsewhere, but it probably wouldn't have been as good). If you're looking for value and a place just off the interstate (but doesn't feel like it is), I highly recommend this location. THANK YOU to the staff at this Holiday Inn Express -- keep up the great job!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SLE961
We greatly appreciate your comment on our hotel:)...It feels good to know that people recognize how much we all just love our jobs here at the hotel. We absolutely love getting to know our guests and making sure they have a perfect stay. It thrills us to have so many areas of the hotel that we take pride being mentioned so other guests will know just what we have to offer. We cant wait to see you again!!!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

first class hotel with the service staff of a five star hotel. superior in every way! thank you for taking such good care of my daughter. she stayed during a blizzard and felt like she was home. The front desk went above and beyond. we would recommend this hotel for its cleanliness, friendliness, efficiency and world class service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Buffy_Brown2009, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richfield, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for commenting on our "home". We are so glad we were able to make your daughter feel right at home with us:)..we would all love to have you come back and stay with us again. Our staff loves taking care of each of our guests which makes it so fun.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

This place was very nice. The night manager was extremely hospitable and helpful. The room was large and the beds were very comfortable. Large bathrooms and showers. The breakfast was a very nice variety. This was an excellent stay at a reasonable price. Defiantly my place to stay when traveling through Richfield.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Buffy_Brown2009, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richfield, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on our hotel:) We are also so glad you had a good experience during your stay with us. Since we recieve phone calls very regularly inquiring on what kind of beds we have we definitely know our beds are very comfortable and are happy you thought so too. Thanks so much for choosing to stay with us and we cant wait to see you when you return this way:)
Silt, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

After a long day of driving from California, we stopped here for the night on our way home to Colorado. This hotel is absolutely fabulous. The staff is the nicest we have encountered anywhere and so accomodating. The rooms are so clean and comfortable and really spacious. The continental breakfast was incredible and the ladies tending to the dining area could not have been nicer. I wish we could have stayed longer than just one night!!
Richfield, UT is a lovely town and the people are so nice and extremely friendly. We just might take our next vacation there. :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so thankful you had a great stay with us. We are aware of what a long drive this is and are eager to make everyone as comfortable and relaxed as possible when they arrive with us. We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review. We hope you will return to see us again.