“Great for Work and Play”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richfield
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Richfield
Kearns, Utah
“Great for Work and Play”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I spent two weeks at this property and can’t wait to go back. I was able to do some touring, when not on the job. This is a great jump off point for viewing wildlife and the natural beauty of Utah. Capital Reef is a great drive as is Boulder Mountain, the Big Rock Candy Mountain and the Devil’s Backbone. I saw Deer, Elk, Bald Eagles, Golden Eagles, Turkeys as well as herons fishing.
Then back to a pleasant hotel. It doesn’t matter which staff you deal with, you have a first class experience. Buffy, Sharon and Nicole are great on the desk. Nicole combined several reservations and made adjustments so I didn’t have to change rooms. Jolene and Trisha make sure your breakfast goes well and are interested in all of the guests. Misty and Sarah cover the housekeeping and make sure every guest has top quality rooms.
This staff puts a capital “H” in the Hospitality industry.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Buffy_Brown2009, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richfield, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review on us:) We are so thrilled that you were able to take advantage of the natural beauties you were surrounded by while you were staying with us. Its great to know that we are your home away from home. Cant wait for you to stay with us again!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Taylorsville, Utah
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was traveling with two mildly disabled adults and the staff was so wonderful and helpful in seeing that we received rooms appropriate to our needs! Special thanks to Nicole and Treg!

Loved the kitchen manager, Joleen, she was so kind and helpful. I happened be there at the same time the Delta HS wrestling team was eating and she was kind to each of those boys and still made time to help me!!

• Stayed February 2013
Buffy_Brown2009, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richfield, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Awesome!!! Thank you for your comment on your stay with us:) It is always good to hear such a positive review during our busy tournaments. We are so glad you were taken care of while you were visiting us. We especially love it when our valued guests mention our names...thats an added pat on the back!!! We cant wait to see you again:)
Draper, Utah
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed here for three nights. Everyone was very accomodating. The front desk manager in the evening was great. The king bed room was very large. I wish that they had feather pillows. I may bring my own next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us while you were visiting Richfield. Our brand and hotel takes all our guest reviews seriously and we try our best to make each stay feel like you are right at home. Due to the fact we have had several requests for feather pillows we will be having them available in the next few months:) Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on our hotel and we cant wait to see you again!!!!
Huntington Beach, California, United States
Reviewed January 17, 2013

As my title says, this was where I determined I would make my halfway stop driving home from Denver to Los Angeles, and I am so happy that I did. Unfortunately, I arrived before check-in time, but the front desk receptionist assured me that my room would be ready immediately. I walked over the the BBQ place and had a quick lunch, and my room was ready by the time I was done.

Speaking of the room, it was much nicer than I expected. It was extremely clean, well-decorated, and looked as if the furniture and accessories had never been touched. The water pressure in the shower was wonderful (small comforts, right?). The pool area is an indoor pool, and it too looked lovely, even though I only put my feet in.

Overall, there isn't much to do in Richfield, but if you're passing through and looking for a bit of comfort, the Holiday Inn Express comes with my full recommendation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Taylor D
Thank you so much for taking the time and leaving a comment on our hotel. We greatly appreciate it. We are happy you had a comfortable stay and that we were able to accommodate an early check-in. We all take pride in our hotel and want to make sure each guest feels right at home:) Thank you again and we cant wait to see you again.
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Pleasant surprise

My boyfriend and I are on a road trip from San Diego to Florida with many stops along the way to see family and friends. During our voyage we have and will be staying at a few hotels that are normally outside my "comfort zone" so to speak as I'm a snob when it comes to where I take a shower, sleep and walk without shoes.

Our second hotel sleep of the trip was the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Richfield, Utah. We had been driving all day and desperately needed to rest. There was another element that had played a part... We had driven up to see the Grand Canyon earlier and made an off road adventure of it. During this endeavor we picked up a hitch hiking nail in the rear tire of our car. This certainly created a need for the perfect location. In order to get proper rest and be close to a tire store because we would likely have a flat in the morning.

Upon reading reviews of the HIE&S, it seemed like a decent place to stop. The lobby was inviting and clean, and smelled of the Christmas spirit with its brightly lit tree. The reception to our arrival was the warm smile of a young man named Treg. Treg was genuinely helpful by assuring our satisfaction with the choice to stay.

While we unloaded our bags, Treg had gone online and even called his Father for a list of recommended tire stores in town. Knowing that we intended to leave at first light in order to make time, he had listed all the business hours and advised us perfectly. We were blown away because neither one of us had asked for him to go out of his way like that.

Our room was clean and spacious. The building is new so it feels comfortable and has lots of room to move freely without feeling like you're staying at a hotel that's probably full of people (based on the full parking lot). I definitely recommend this hotel and this being my first stay with HIE&S, I am pleased to say it won't be my last.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Buffy_Brown2009, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richfield, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments. We really appreciate the time you took to review our hotel on tripadvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and especially Treg. He is such a gem and is quite genuine. I know that he did not feel he was going out of his way at all and loves to take care of everyone who comes through our doors. Thank you again for your wonderful words and we cant wait to see you again:)
Boulder
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We reserved this hotel to break up a road trip from Denver to San Diego. The staff was very friendly. When we arrived I was greeted with pleasant conversation about our trip and the check in process took very little time. The room was clean, and the beds had were appointed with a choice of soft or hard pillows. Breakfast was warm and plentiful, and the cheese omelets were especially good, and once again, the staff was extremely friendly. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Buffy_Brown2009, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richfield, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time going to tripadvisor to comment on our Hotel. We appreciate that and are very happy that you had a great stay while traveling through Richfield. Please come back and see us again and let us know anything that would make your stay even better.
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Extremely nice and wonderfully clean hotel. Incredibly nice and professional staff. Large rooms. No refrigerator in the room though. Only negative, and this seems concurrent with all the Holiday Inns I've stayed in recently, the curtains on the windows are only a sheer. The drapes to close off light or the ability to see into the room from the outside, are just for looks and don't close. We had a wonderful 1st floor room but anybody walking by outside could see right in during hours of darkness...we checked, and YES, no parading around in your tightly-whities in this room! Other than that, great breakfast and a delightful stay.

Room Tip: Unless you MUST have a 1st floor room, get one above street level. There's no way to close off t...