“OK for a place to sleep” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Provo Byu Orem

Super 8 Provo Byu Orem
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Binghamton, New York
“OK for a place to sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I was visiting BYU for some business. I stayed 3 nights in a room with 1 king bed, fridge & microwave. Positives: The location is ideal - across the street from the campus. Getting to it was easy, parking is ample. The free breakfast was adequate although there weren't many choices. Negatives: The hallways were terribly unclean and the rooms weren't a ton better. While the middle areas of the room were fine, the edges looked like they haven't been cleaned in years. The bathroom was so-so, had a musty smell and there was mildew in the corners. One outside door was never locked and it didn't appear as though it even latched, and I was at times concerned about security (including the parking lot - I parked the rental car under a light where I could see it out my window). My first night I ate at a restaurant and brought the doggie bag and put in the fridge, thinking I would eat it the second day but when the room was cleaned they also emptied the fridge. I complained to the desk with the response they would inform the manager. I never heard from the manager, not even an apology. Likewise the second night the wifi was not working. The desk worker said he would inform the manager when he returned, but no wifi until the next day. Summary: If you're just looking for a place to sleep, this probably fits the bill. One shouldn't expect a Marriott experience from a Super 8 anyway, but I have stayed at far cleaner and more modern Super 8s with better management.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Mike H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Rolling Hills Estates, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Rajit welcome me last night very warmly and provided an excellent service. I come here very often because the staff at this hotel are friendly and helpful and Sam Malalage the manager is hard working and very pleasant person and his wife Shani also very professional and very helpful and knowledgeable I was so impressed with Rajit recommendation because he checked me into a very nice remodel led room and a new breakfast room is very elegant and nutritious. It is my favorite place I always get accommodation in this place when I visit Provo, and is very practical for my businesses.
Sincerely, Sinisha Kostich

Room Tip: bring more family and friends